My vice is 2 Pints of Alcohol 5x a week <but I want abs>

Suggestions? Can you get a 6 pack while being a beer drinker?

Zero chance in hell.

Doesn't matter if you do a hundred batcrunches a day.

6-pack abs are made in the kitchen. What you eat & drink to get your bodyfat percentage lower is what matters.

Beer is 6-pack kryptonite.

Calories in. Calories out. FFS how many times does that need to be repeated.

Work

Out.

Watch your calorie intake

are talking about 32 oz-40 oz of beer(2 pint glasses)

or 32 oz of hard liquor

you will probably have liver failure at 40 if you drink 32 oz of hard liquor 5 times a week which isn't even believable as a former alcoholic myself because on day 6 and day 7 you could suffer lethal stage 3 withdrawl.

also what kind of alcoholic 5 day a week drinker would only drink two pint glasses of beer your tolerance would be so high that two pints would do nothing.

Ya, I thought he meant hard alcohol pints b/c he said pints of alcohol not pints of beer and I was like "dang....how can you consistently work out". But beer isn't a "vice" IMO. Though I shouldn't judge others.
I used to drink up to 20 beers a day when my alcoholism escalated drinking beer can certainly be a vice.

in pint glasses that would be like 9 pints

I used to drink up to 20 beers a day when my alcoholism escalated drinking beer can certainly be a vice.

in pint glasses that would be like 9 pints

Sorry, I totally missed words in my original post. I meant 2 pints of beer 5x a week isn't a vice per se, but again. I shouldn't judge. If it controls a portion or all your life it can be a problem.

I was drinking 12oz of hard alcohol a night, when I quit I lost no weight. I think liquor calories are a misnomer
Beer is thick with calories. It takes 8 beers on average to match your 12 oz of liquor. Beer has something like 150-200 calories in it on average. So being generous, that’s 1200 calories

Last edited:
Beer is thick with calories
especially craft beers those have maybe twice the amount of calories a person could easily drunk like 3000 calories in beer in one session.

You’re welcome.
JQcnTS5.png

There are worse things right?

I'm able to quit for 1 week at a time once a month and I use milk thistle to help my liver.

<LikeReally5>

Miller Lite or Michelob Ultra.

Its not just about the Calories and Alcohol its about the carbs.

There are worse things right?

I'm able to quit for 1 week at a time once a month and I use milk thistle to help my liver.

<LikeReally5>
Intermittent fasting

Daily ice baths

Apple cider vinegar 30 minutes before every meal and before bed.

1 tsp a cinnamon twice a day

Fasted cardio in the morning( even just 10 mins), lifting at night

Theres a lot of things you can do but this is a solid start. Diet is another matter in and of itself

Start taking fat bong rippers instead of beers it's zero calorie and gluten free

I'm sure Cowboy drinks more than that.

Zero chance in hell.

Doesn't matter if you do a hundred batcrunches a day.

6-pack abs are made in the kitchen. What you eat & drink to get your bodyfat percentage lower is what matters.

Beer is 6-pack kryptonite.

This.

You need good genetics and to be on a constant calorific defecit for months to get abs.

Source: my abs

Intermittent fasting

Daily ice baths

Apple cider vinegar 30 minutes before every meal and before bed.

1 tsp a cinnamon twice a day

Fasted cardio in the morning( even just 10 mins), lifting at night

Theres a lot of things you can do but this is a solid start. Diet is another matter in and of itself
You have to be very careful with cinnamon. Several varieties of it are toxic at those doses because they contain high level of coumarin which damages liver and kidneys.
Make sure you use Ceylon Cinnamon, it's the only safe variety.
Avoid Saigon and Korintje (cassia).

https://www.olivenation.com/different-types-of-cinnamon-powder

You have to be very careful with cinnamon. Several varieties of it are toxic at those doses because they contain high level of coumarin which damages liver and kidneys.
Make sure you use Ceylon Cinnamon, it's the only safe variety.
Avoid Saigon and Korintje (cassia).

https://www.olivenation.com/different-types-of-cinnamon-powder
Toxic at high doses perhaps

I was using ceylon for a bit, i believe Saigon has the most pronounced effect on blood sugar

If you arent taking absurd amounts of it, you should be fine.

Ya, I thought he meant hard alcohol pints b/c he said pints of alcohol not pints of beer and I was like "dang....how can you consistently work out". But beer isn't a "vice" IMO. Though I shouldn't judge others.

Its not about judging, its just reality.

I have a close family member who drinks 3 to 4 pints beer/cider a night and thats 7 nights a week.. They have done for decades. Still super fit in his 70's with very low body fat, this has been balanced with good diet and exercise.
I have seen other friends decend into full blown alcoholism .. 2 pints 5 nights a week was not seen here ..

If you're drinking pints, that means you're buying the big beers. You're buying the big beers because the small ones just wouldn't do it for you. If you're drinking a big beer everyday, that's gonna eventually escalate to a big problem.

If you'd said you were drinking a bottle of beer every day, I wouldn't be worried. But getting pints for that entire extra 4 oz of beer means that your subconsciously need more. It's only 4 oz; so the fact that your getting big beers means that your brain is subconsciously craving that extra 4 oz.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back