My vice is 2 Pints of Alcohol 5x a week <but I want abs>

short cut to 6 pack is to get really dehydrated.
u may have to do lots of cardio

Has anyone posted how they were able to drink a fifth a day while aceing law school, becoming a navy seal, and getting a six pack yet?

Insulin and insulin response to Sweet Foods also have a significant effect on how much calories are absorbed. That was the big thing in bodybuilding a year or two ago
Not even close.

There are enzymes and hormones that govern how hungry you get and how easily you're sated. Insulin determines how you create and store fat.

Two people can eat exactly the same food in the exact same quantity, and have entirely different results. Either of these are much more relevant factors, for every single one of us.

There are people... A lot of people... Who are fat because they eat poorly and fail to get enough exercise. Everyone should eat properly and exercise. But it's a hell of a lot more complicated than "calories in, calories out." That cliche is a chemical fallacy, and the fitness industry makes a lot of money selling the myth.

Insulin and insulin response to Sweet Foods also have a significant effect on how much calories are absorbed. That was the big thing in bodybuilding a year or two ago

The science is so confusing on so much of how body chemistry works.

Some people are saying sweeteners trick your body into an insulin response even in the absence of sugar.

Some people are saying sweeteners trick your body into an insulin response even in the absence of sugar.

I heard that too. Basically if something tastes good it's probably bad for you. Good food is bland or poor tasting.

Not even close.

There are enzymes and hormones that govern how hungry you get and how easily you're sated. Insulin determines how you create and store fat.

Two people can eat exactly the same food in the exact same quantity, and have entirely different results. Either of these are much more relevant factors, for every single one of us.

There are people... A lot of people... Who are fat because they eat poorly and fail to get enough exercise. Everyone should eat properly and exercise. But it's a hell of a lot more complicated than "calories in, calories out." That cliche is a chemical fallacy, and the fitness industry makes a lot of money selling the myth.

I agree that individuals respond to food differently, just as people respond to exercise differently etc.

That doesn't change the fact that if you go into a caloric deficit, you will begin to lose weight. Some people find this hard and others find it easy for various reasons, but you can't put on weight without taking in an excess of calories, and vice versa.

I agree that individuals respond to food differently, just as people respond to exercise differently etc.

That doesn't change the fact that if you go into a caloric deficit, you will begin to lose weight. Some people find this hard and others find it easy for various reasons, but you can't put on weight without taking in an excess of calories, and vice versa.

What I'm suggesting is that the root is more of an impact than the result. It's why I object when people say weight loss is as simple as "calories in, calories out".

Also, and this is important, nobody wants to lose weight. They want to lose fat.

And that's even more complex.

There are worse things right?

I'm able to quit for 1 week at a time once a month and I use milk thistle to help my liver.

Suggestions? Can you get a 6 pack while being a beer drinker?

<LikeReally5>

Yep

calories in va calories out
Factor beer into your daily’s
I could keep abs living off Oreos easily

What I'm suggesting is that the root is more of an impact than the result. It's why I object when people say weight loss is as simple as "calories in, calories out".

Also, and this is important, nobody wants to lose weight. They want to lose fat.

And that's even more complex.
I saw a study that measured calorie burning once. For a given height and weight and activity level, the absolute max difference in calories burned between the highest metabolism and the slowest metabolism was only like 150-200, and the odds of having a metabolism that far off normal were like 1 in 100-1,000. I'm not sure if people with metabolic diseases like fucked up thyroids were included in that study or not.

All these various individual biological differences, insulin spikes, yada yada yada can have like a 1% impact. I guess knowing those things makes a difference if you're training for Mr. Olympia. Otherwise, it's tiring irrelevant nonsense. It's all calories in vs calories out baby.

Start taking fat bong rippers instead of beers it's zero calorie and gluten free
This is what i did. Traded in the drink for the weed. I drink on sundays and rip the bong any time i want. I lost ten pounds before i started doing any running. I run now and i look good but I haven't been back on the scale.

I saw a study that measured calorie burning once. For a given height and weight and activity level, the absolute max difference in calories burned between the highest metabolism and the slowest metabolism was only like 150-200, and the odds of having a metabolism that far off normal were like 1 in 100-1,000. I'm not sure if people with metabolic diseases like fucked up thyroids were included in that study or not.

All these various individual biological differences, insulin spikes, yada yada yada can have like a 1% impact. I guess knowing those things makes a difference if you're training for Mr. Olympia. Otherwise, it's tiring irrelevant nonsense. It's all calories in vs calories out baby.

What you're saying had absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying, except your last statement, which was completely wrong.

A small shot has 100 calories, it's not low calories per volume in the slightest. It's much worse, you can easily down 300 calories' worth in minutes. The only difference between beer and basically pure ethanol is that beer has a handful of carbs, 30 calories worth per bottle or so. And beer has more volume (more water content), which means you get to enjoy it longer and your stomach gets full - you're less likely to binge. Those 30 calories are hugely important because they're what gives flavour and enjoyment to what you're drinking.

You're not going to lose weight by getting buzzed every day, let's make that clear. If that's what you're looking for, forget it - stay fat. The only way you can get to drink every day and lose weight is by lowering the alcohol content and focus on enjoying the flavour of the drink itself.

What kind of bitch ass beer has 30 calories per bottle? I am legit curious

This is what i did. Traded in the drink for the weed. I drink on sundays and rip the bong any time i want. I lost ten pounds before i started doing any running. I run now and i look good but I haven't been back on the scale.
Just make sure you aren’t eating junk after you blaze. I have my meals prepped ahead of time so I don’t devour the entire fridge.

I drink a good amount and I'm 12% bodyfat with abs at 220 lbs. But other than the alcohol, my diet is perfect and I'm on hormones, so I might not be a good example.

Isn't that like really bad for your liver?
Never had any liver problems. If your genetics are really poor yeah. I'm not on orals and I don't drink out of control, so it's fine. Ifbb pros get drunk all the time, and those guys are on way more steroids than I am

I wish weed felt good for me. Weed makes me feel like shit. It's just not an option for me. Alcohol feels good. Weed makes me feel like total shit

Just make sure you aren’t eating junk after you blaze. I have my meals prepped ahead of time so I don’t devour the entire fridge.
My diet is pretty on point. I love bread though, slowly eating less and less

Back