My vice is 2 Pints of Alcohol 5x a week <but I want abs>

Its not about judging, its just reality.

I have a close family member who drinks 3 to 4 pints beer/cider a night and thats 7 nights a week.. They have done for decades. Still super fit in his 70's with very low body fat, this has been balanced with good diet and exercise.
I have seen other friends decend into full blown alcoholism .. 2 pints 5 nights a week was not seen here ..
Some people drink that and die in their 30s. Good for your family member, but that's just a case study. 4 pints a day almost definitely will kill you early, and make your last years very painful for you and anyone who cares about you as you slowly lose your mind and, since you're losing your mind, become abusive.

Some people drink that and die in their 30s. Good for your family member, but that's just a case study. 4 pints a day almost definitely will kill you early, and make your last years very painful for you and anyone who cares about you as you slowly lose your mind and, since you're losing your mind, become abusive.

I disagree, i know plenty of other friends who drink regular @ this amount.
I wouldn't myself, but i have seen it done for 30 years and only heard of one death drink related and that amounts drank were way more.

The laws of physics don’t change, calories in vs. Calories out still sticks. If at the end of the day you are in calorie deficit you will have an overall low bodyfat percentage.

These days i don’t drink much and oddly enough i peaked when i smoked and drank a lot, except in those days i ran a lot too. About 10km daily. It was the only time in my life i had well defined abdominal muscles. Now i pay attention to what i eat/drink, stopped smoking and i look like a tub of lard despite moderate strength training (no cardio). So i suppose the secret is pour some time into cardio

The only time in my life I had some defined abs was like 12 years ago. A guy I didn't like made a joke about my belly (I was kind of athletic but with a little belly). I got offended and to show him I started training boxing 4-5 times a week, reduced carbs intake and ate a lot of chicken breast. Jesus was I fit. I need that kind of motivation nowadays, I never found it again.

Last edited:
I mean. I could. But most people dont have my tier of genetics

Either you want to be in shape and look good or you dont. Dont make compromises, dont make excuses. Dont try to have your fat ass cake and eat it too. Pick one, abs or beer.

Calories in. Calories out. FFS how many times does that need to be repeated.

Work

Out.

Watch your calorie intake

Possibly the most repeated myth on the planet.

Calorie intake is a factor, one of many.

2 pints a day is nothing.

My buddy has been throwing back a slab a day for the past 8 years and he's still alive and fairly thin

Possibly the most repeated myth on the planet.

Calorie intake is a factor, one of many.

For the majority of people I would say it's by far the most important one.

You burn more than you take in, you will lose weight. That's it.

Last edited:
2tbsp would already be too much if it is Saigon.
Ceylon is recommended if you use it as a daily supplement.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ceylon-vs-cassia-cinnamon
It would be a lot

But I said tsp <seedat>

Which is no more than what youd get in a desert. Shouldn't be any cause for concern here

Definitely dont just start adding it en masse to smoothies tho lol

I like ceylon too but Saigon appears to have the most significant effect on modulating blood sugar

The calories in drinks are almost entirely from the alcohol.

Low alcohol beer is your solution here. 4% is 120 calories per bottle or so. They even make 0.5% or 2% beers that are apparently decent. Obviously you have to accept you won't get a high off of them, mostly you have to be in it for the taste.
If the calories come almost entirely from alcohol, then how do you explain hard liquor having less calories than beer?

I used to drink up to 20 beers a day when my alcoholism escalated drinking beer can certainly be a vice.

in pint glasses that would be like 9 pints

Same here. In college on winter break I didnt have a job freshman year and me and a buddy would grab a 30 rack every afternoon. Many many times we ran out and got the neighbor to go pick up more for us. Now I barely drink cuz I got a baby but my buddy is a full blown alcoholic so I guess something bad came of it but it was good times.

Its not about judging, its just reality.

I have a close family member who drinks 3 to 4 pints beer/cider a night and thats 7 nights a week.. They have done for decades. Still super fit in his 70's with very low body fat, this has been balanced with good diet and exercise.
I have seen other friends decend into full blown alcoholism .. 2 pints 5 nights a week was not seen here ..

Ya to me alcoholism isn't necessarily the amount. It's, does it control you.....do you crave it all the time...can you stop, does it get in the way of life? Some guys can do a few beers every night and be fine. others go down the slippery slope.....

If the calories come almost entirely from alcohol, then how do you explain hard liquor having less calories than beer?

A small shot has 100 calories, it's not low calories per volume in the slightest. It's much worse, you can easily down 300 calories' worth in minutes. The only difference between beer and basically pure ethanol is that beer has a handful of carbs, 30 calories worth per bottle or so. And beer has more volume (more water content), which means you get to enjoy it longer and your stomach gets full - you're less likely to binge. Those 30 calories are hugely important because they're what gives flavour and enjoyment to what you're drinking.

You're not going to lose weight by getting buzzed every day, let's make that clear. If that's what you're looking for, forget it - stay fat. The only way you can get to drink every day and lose weight is by lowering the alcohol content and focus on enjoying the flavour of the drink itself.

I was drinking 12oz of hard alcohol a night, when I quit I lost no weight. I think liquor calories are a misnomer

Why such a specific amount?

Stop drinking for a month, you will feel amazing.

upload_2020-1-31_11-2-31.gif

Miller Lite or Michelob Ultra.

upload_2020-1-31_11-3-44.gif

Intermittent fasting

Daily ice baths

Apple cider vinegar 30 minutes before every meal and before bed.

1 tsp a cinnamon twice a day

Fasted cardio in the morning( even just 10 mins), lifting at night

Theres a lot of things you can do but this is a solid start. Diet is another matter in and of itself

upload_2020-1-31_11-3-59.gif

IMTITNWP

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-31_11-2-48.gif
    upload_2020-1-31_11-2-48.gif
    989 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
A small shot has 100 calories, it's not low calories per volume in the slightest. It's much worse, you can easily down 300 calories' worth in minutes. The only difference between beer and basically pure ethanol is that beer has a handful of carbs, 30 calories worth per bottle or so. And beer has more volume (more water content), which means you get to enjoy it longer and your stomach gets full - you're less likely to binge. Those 30 calories are hugely important because they're what gives flavour and enjoyment to what you're drinking.

You're not going to lose weight by getting buzzed every day, let's make that clear. If that's what you're looking for, forget it - stay fat. The only way you can get to drink every day and lose weight is by lowering the alcohol content and focus on enjoying the flavour of the drink itself.
Lol at those assumptions. I'm not fat in the slightest.

Actually, I weighed a lot more when I used to drink beer.

Liquor might have more calories as you say. Tbh I have no clue. But it takes a lot of beers to get drunk compared to the amount of liquor that it takes. So at the end of the day, they are probably intaking a lot more calories.

Lol at those assumptions. I'm not fat in the slightest.

Actually, I weighed a lot more when I used to drink beer.

Liquor might have more calories as you say. Tbh I have no clue. But it takes a lot of beers to get drunk compared to the amount of liquor that it takes. So at the end of the day, they are probably intaking a lot more calories.

Sure buddy. We've gone over this already. Volume is good, you want it. Your argument is like saying that it's better to eat candy because it's easier to get your sugar buzz in instead of eating watermelon. You need to eat a lot more watermelon to get to the same level of sugar buzz, therefore watermelon is fattening. And we've already gone over the fact that you can't get buzzed every day if you want to lose weight. It literally makes 0 sense to me that you drink beer just for the buzz and not for the nice, bitter flavour. At that point you're just an alcoholic - you have no appreciation for what you drink.

Ya to me alcoholism isn't necessarily the amount. It's, does it control you.....do you crave it all the time...can you stop, does it get in the way of life? Some guys can do a few beers every night and be fine. others go down the slippery slope.....

Yip .. Control .. If it control you then your along for ride and fuck everybody else.

Sure buddy. We've gone over this already. Volume is good, you want it. Your argument is like saying that it's better to eat candy because it's easier to get your sugar buzz in instead of eating watermelon. You need to eat a lot more watermelon to get to the same level of sugar buzz, therefore watermelon is fattening. And we've already gone over the fact that you can't get buzzed every day if you want to lose weight. It literally makes 0 sense to me that you drink beer just for the buzz and not for the nice, bitter flavour. At that point you're just an alcoholic - you have no appreciation for what you drink.
Ehh not sure what you're talking about, bud. I'm not the OP and i'm not trying to lose weight. I was replying to your post.

There are worse things right?

I'm able to quit for 1 week at a time once a month and I use milk thistle to help my liver.

Suggestions? Can you get a 6 pack while being a beer drinker?

<LikeReally5>
Since you're a woman, keep drinking that beer, it will make your butt and tits only thicker lol.

For the majority of people I would say it's by far the most important one.

You burn more than you take in, you will lose weight. That's it.

Not even close.

There are enzymes and hormones that govern how hungry you get and how easily you're sated. Insulin determines how you create and store fat.

Two people can eat exactly the same food in the exact same quantity, and have entirely different results. Either of these are much more relevant factors, for every single one of us.

There are people... A lot of people... Who are fat because they eat poorly and fail to get enough exercise. Everyone should eat properly and exercise. But it's a hell of a lot more complicated than "calories in, calories out." That cliche is a chemical fallacy, and the fitness industry makes a lot of money selling the myth.

Back