My unpopular opinion: Jared Leto will be a better Joker than Ledger was

Go watch "I Know that Voice". Mel Blanc, Billy West, Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, John DiMaggio, they're all incredible voice actors in that doc, you can see how much it takes to voice act. I have friends too that are voice actors that work hard on conveying different messages, whether it's a seat belt commercial or a character role.

You have a serious problem reading words and thinking about what they mean.
Dude...i know. I love hammil as the joker. DiMaggio is a boss. They're all good at their trade. It is not the same as screen acting.

Saying Hammil is the greatest joker when he has never portrayed him on film and guys like Nicholson and Ledger have nailed him on screen, voice included, is just stupid fanboyism.

Saying Roger Gracie is the best fighter in the world because he's amazing at Jiu Jitsu is stupid. It's dumb, wishful thinking, similar to saying Leto will be a better Joker than Ledger when everything associated with his portrayal points to Doo Doo Av and Garbage Crossing.

And your friends would be screen actors if they were good enough.

This is a perfect example of a movie that encapsulates the plastic soulless shitshow that is comic book movie franchises these days. It is a genre that is almost completely devoid of any true artistry, or integrity. It is just like someone ate a box of expired Trix, and Christmas tree tinsel, and then shit it out onto the screen. It looks goofy as fuck, and it sucks, and you should feel bad about yourself if you want to see it. I actually get embarrassed for adults when they start talking about how much they are looking forward to movies like this. I have to actually look away, and not see their eyes, because I am ashamed for their parents. I will forgive anyone 14 or under who thinks this movie looks good. Not 15 though. If you are 15, you are old enough to carry a machine gun in Kazakhstan. You should be ashamed of yourself for liking this godawful shit, instead of focusing on more important things with your life like pussy and real art.

This is not elitism, btw. I'm not saying you have to only watch Scorsese & P.T. Anderson movies, or that there is no room for simple, fun genre flicks. You don't have to eat at a 5-star restaurant all the time. If you like McDonald's, by all means, go hit the drive-thru. This movie is not McDonald's. This is eating out of the dumpster behind a McDonald's. For God's sake, look at yourself, look at what you are doing, and have some self-respect you sorry piece of shit.

I feel like the only comic book movies this applies to are the MCU ones.

More like the comics is not necessarily better.

But when it's based off of comics, sure it is. No one appreciates watching a fucking Narnia movie based off a Dr. Seuss book.

This is a perfect example of a movie that encapsulates the plastic soulless shitshow that is comic book movie franchises these days. It is a genre that is almost completely devoid of any true artistry, or integrity. It is just like someone ate a box of expired Trix, and Christmas tree tinsel, and then shit it out onto the screen. It looks goofy as fuck, and it sucks, and you should feel bad about yourself if you want to see it. I actually get embarrassed for adults when they start talking about how much they are looking forward to movies like this. I have to actually look away, and not see their eyes, because I am ashamed for their parents. I will forgive anyone 14 or under who thinks this movie looks good. Not 15 though. If you are 15, you are old enough to carry a machine gun in Kazakhstan. You should be ashamed of yourself for liking this godawful shit, instead of focusing on more important things with your life like pussy and real art.

This is not elitism, btw. I'm not saying you have to only watch Scorsese & P.T. Anderson movies, or that there is no room for simple, fun genre flicks. You don't have to eat at a 5-star restaurant all the time. If you like McDonald's, by all means, go hit the drive-thru. This movie is not McDonald's. This is eating out of the dumpster behind a McDonald's. For God's sake, look at yourself, look at what you are doing, and have some self-respect you sorry piece of shit.

This might be the best post I have ever read on sherdog.

ICP and Korn are both fucking horrible.

Ledger's joker is move like Nirvana or something.

Ledger's is very Kurt Cobain-ish. That's kinda the turn off for me.

Jared Leto looks fucking badass, he got yoked as fuck, looking like a physical and mental threat.

I also realized Joker never used his trademark gas in Nolanverse.

But when it's based off of comics, sure it is. No one appreciates watching a fucking Narnia movie based off a Dr. Seuss book.

And you've yet to illustrate anywhere that this Joker is based off anything in any batman comic. ledger's was based off Killing Joke, regarded as a top 5, possibly the best Batman.

Jared Leto looks fucking badass, he got yoked as fuck, looking like a physical and mental threat.

Don't you talk about Kurt Cobain like that!

But it's not screen acting, which was my point.

Fair enough, but there's still a visual aspect as well.

You have a serious problem reading words and thinking about what they mean.
Dude...i know. I love hammil as the joker. DiMaggio is a boss. They're all good at their trade. It is not the same as screen acting.

Saying Hammil is the greatest joker when he has never portrayed him on film and guys like Nicholson and Ledger have nailed him on screen, voice included, is just stupid fanboyism.

Saying Roger Gracie is the best fighter in the world because he's amazing at Jiu Jitsu is stupid. It's dumb, wishful thinking, similar to saying Leto will be a better Joker than Ledger when everything associated with his portrayal points to Doo Doo Av and Garbage Crossing.

And your friends would be screen actors if they were good enough.

Ok, is it fair to say the animators and the voice of Mark Hamill create my ideal version of the Joker?

Leto is a terrifc actor no doubt and deserved the oscar for the Dallas Buyer's Club.

But his Joker looks like a miasma of Marilyn Manson and Yolandi Visser of *Die Antwoord* with a grill. Trying too hard and Will Smith yuck.

Ledger's (immersion) acting and essence OWNS the portrayal of the Joker. End o story.

LMAO. Haven't laughed this hard in a while.

Fair enough, but there's still a visual aspect as well.

Ok, is it fair to say the animators and the voice of Mark Hamill create my ideal version of the Joker?
It's fair, but unrealistic considering that Hammil is only like 20% of that joker due to the fact that he's not actually physically involved in portraying him as a character, he doesn't write the words, etc.

I like MotP Joker the best, but that's not Hammil's doing. It's the writers, director and animator.

Comic wise I like Dark Knight Returns Joker the very most, but that's never going to be seen in a live action movie and it would be silly for me to give Emerson credit as my favorite Joker when all he did was provide a voice.

The tattoos just kill it for me. They look too well done and too thought out. Like someone cosplaying the Joker. If he had tattoos they would be crappy, chaotic, and likely nonsensical.

I'm still not picturing Will Smith playing a comic book villain/nemesis to Batman.
After watching the trailer, he still looks out of place in the film and lacks the creative concept of the character.

All I see is Will Smith with a gun reprising the same good cop/bad cop roles he had in previous films.
It was a bad casting choice.

Just wait until the sad realization hits you as you watch the flick, and realize that he's the lead.

You don't think Sir William Smith would sign on for a bit role, now do ya?

I have a friend working stunts on the film. He got to be in a scene with Leto and says that he can't get that laugh out of his head. There was something about that laugh that just gave him goose bumps. He says it sounds like a 'painful' laugh. He didn't realize he was doing a scene with Leto until he heard Leto start laughing and saying random lines. Turns around, and there's Leto all decked out as Joker and doing his thing. My friend thinks the same thing as TS, Leto's joker will surprise a lot of people that are saying he won't live up to Heath's portrayal.

If ledger is Cobain then leto is the lead singer of sleeping with sirens.

And you've yet to illustrate anywhere that this Joker is based off anything in any batman comic. ledger's was based off Killing Joke, regarded as a top 5, possibly the best Batman.

But Joker's perpetual shit eating grin in KJ is very unlike the Ledger joker.

Leto's is partly based off of Dark Knight returns, where the Joker was a little more swole, the tattooed elements of the joker are probably based off of , although he took more of the voice and look elements from Hammil's/TAS's

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

1435520-243587_181425_joker.jpg

I'm excited for Leto's joker. Especially with all the rumors flying around about his true identity.

People who find that laugh terrifying have obviously never been to an ubran area with a decent homeless population. That laugh is fucking silly. Joker's a high pitched, absolutely insane and zany laugh like david carradine getting off before his untimely death, not some scene kid trying to sound funny on a youtube on video

Just wait until the sad realization hits you as you watch the flick, and realize that he's the lead.

You don't think Sir William Smith would sign on for a bit role, now do ya?

I thought this too . In the trailer there's tons of no mask action which is fucking stupid

Also Frank Miller's "The Joker" where he has that tattoo

I thought this too . In the trailer there's tons of no mask action which is fucking stupid

Also, everyone in the film seems to be a clear cut, mustache twirling bad guy, except for him. I have little doubt the film will focus on his character the most, and that he'll end up being the hero.

Leto's is partly based off of Dark Knight returns, where the Joker was a little more swole,

this is not true whatsoever. Like even if Leto, Ayer, Snyder, whoever said it, that's a load of bullshit

He'd better win an Oscar then cause Ledger was an amazing Joker.

Prince hasn't been getting much love for his version yet...

I'm convinced Leto consulted the Smosh kids for this rendition

this is not true whatsoever. Like even if Leto, Ayer, Snyder, whoever said it, that's a load of bullshit

He's wearing some of the same stuff, he's been spotted there with the same white blazer, etc, and also achieved a huge build for the joker as well

He's wearing some of the same stuff, he's been spotted there with the same white blazer, etc, and also achieved a huge build for the joker as well

That's cool, he's still got silver teeth, is saying ridiuclous stuff that joker would never say, is not anything like that joker in any regard besides what the costume department has allocated.

Be honest Jesse; have you read the comics or just watched the movies?
That was the most terrifying, murderous, ruthless, cold Joker that's ever been in the series. This looks like the 24 year old guy every girl we had a crush on in high school gave blowjobs to on Saturday night.

Back