My unpopular opinion: Jared Leto will be a better Joker than Ledger was

Whenever I think Jared Leto, I think Requiem for a Dream. I guess the joker will be a junkie in the upcoming installments.

lol @ sadness being whether or not someone thinks a movie is good.
I have 65k posts on an internet forum and people like you still sound like way bigger losers than i could ever dream of being

Doesn't sound like you have any dreams or aspirations at all; just one sad and miserable existence.

Okay, so every great actor is incapable of playing shit roles?
Just because you like Leto doesn't mean this is a good role and this is being executed properly. I like Leto. He's amazing. This looks like shit.

Oh he's capable of a shit role, but I don't think this will be it.

This is a perfect example of a movie that encapsulates the plastic soulless shitshow that is comic book movie franchises these days. It is a genre that is almost completely devoid of any true artistry, or integrity. It is just like someone ate a box of expired Trix, and Christmas tree tinsel, and then shit it out onto the screen. It looks goofy as fuck, and it sucks, and you should feel bad about yourself if you want to see it. I actually get embarrassed for adults when they start talking about how much they are looking forward to movies like this. I have to actually look away, and not see their eyes, because I am ashamed for their parents. I will forgive anyone 14 or under who thinks this movie looks good. Not 15 though. If you are 15, you are old enough to carry a machine gun in Kazakhstan. You should be ashamed of yourself for liking this godawful shit, instead of focusing on more important things with your life like pussy and real art.

This is not elitism, btw. I'm not saying you have to only watch Scorsese & P.T. Anderson movies, or that there is no room for simple, fun genre flicks. You don't have to eat at a 5-star restaurant all the time. If you like McDonald's, by all means, go hit the drive-thru. This movie is not McDonald's. This is eating out of the dumpster behind a McDonald's. For God's sake, look at yourself, look at what you are doing, and have some self-respect you sorry piece of shit.

I think he will be ok. But I think the the dude playing Lex will steal the Batman/Suprerman movie.

Cheese, I think you're onto something here.

A LOT of people sleep on Jesse Eisenberg, but there's a lot of potential for him to pull a sleeper here. Either way, I'm hoping to catch the film on day one!

This is a perfect example of a movie that encapsulates the plastic soulless shitshow that is comic book movie franchises these days. It is a genre that is almost completely devoid of any true artistry, or integrity. It is just like someone ate a box of expired Trix, and Christmas tree tinsel, and then shit it out onto the screen. It looks goofy as fuck, and it sucks, and you should feel bad about yourself if you want to see it. I actually get embarrassed for adults when they start talking about how much they are looking forward to movies like this. I have to actually look away, and not see their eyes, because I am ashamed for their parents. I will forgive anyone 14 or under who thinks this movie looks good. Not 15 though. If you are 15, you are old enough to carry a machine gun in Kazakhstan. You should be ashamed of yourself for liking this godawful shit, instead of focusing on more important things with your life like pussy and real art.

This is not elitism, btw. I'm not saying you have to only watch Scorsese & P.T. Anderson movies, or that there is no room for simple, fun genre flicks. You don't have to eat at a 5-star restaurant all the time. If you like McDonald's, by all means, go hit the drive-thru. This movie is not McDonald's. This is eating out of the dumpster behind a McDonald's. For God's sake, look at yourself, look at what you are doing, and have some self-respect you sorry piece of shit.

So I'll put you down as a "strongly disagree", then?

I think he will be good, but not better than Ledger. Big part what makes the Joker good is how he is involved in the story. The Dark Knight Rises revolved around the Joker. Suicide Squat will probably revolve a lot less around him. I also doubt it will be overall as good as TDKR.

So I'll put you down as a "strongly disagree", then?

Sorry I didn't mean to beat around the bush, other than that I have no strong feelings on the matter.

giphy.gif

To me, the Joker isn't identified, but I like TAS Joker, Under the Red Hood Joker, pretty much anything based off of Hammil's Joker. I guess I mean Ledger wasn't my favorite version of the Joker.

Yet, you're trying to tell us that this
joker-killing-joke-jared-leto-133328.jpg

is going to be true to this

1196633252560.jpg

1196633252560.jpg

I still like Batman and Batman related things. I don't think there's inherently anything wrong with that. I can't speak for the whole Suicide Squad movie, but I think Joker will be awesome.

And Hammil voices the joker brilliantly, but let's not pretend he's acted as the joker. That's a whole 'nother ball game

giphy.gif

Heath Ledger gave the only real award winning performance as a character from a superhero comic book.

Leto has the chops but the people surrounding the movie are holding him back from being comparable to Ledgers joker.

Bane was cheesy too. Tom Hardy was too small, he got pretty big and was still not a big Bane, he looked like he was 5'7"

I thought Tom Hardy was fine, but didn't like his voice that much, hard to understand sometimes.

But the way he was built for the part was fine. He wasn't meant to be absolutely jacked, he had a bit of a belly going on. I think it was Christopher Nolan said he wanted Bane to look more like a circus strongman back in the early 1900's and such. I think he looked good for the part and didn't do a bad job at all.

I do think Leto will be just fine as the Joker though. I have confidence in him. He's very dedicated to his roles and IMO, he's a decent actor. I think this will either be a score or a failure, but I'm confident in Leto.

He does look more like the comic because that's what they were following more unlike the Nolan films which were supposed to be a more realistic route, which is probably why Batman looked more like a brawler instead of a legitimate martial artist in it and wasn't really the genius he's supposed to be in the comics, either.

Either way, I'm excited to see how Leto does. Will he be better than Ledger? who knows, this is a different style of Joker, this style is meant to be more like to comics and not more realistic, or whatever.

The way Joker was in the Nolan movies was perfect for Ledger. If it was more about the comic version, I don't think he would've been as great. There are different styles. Sometimes you can't make everything from the comic into a great film. But we'll see what happens.

I'm definitely looking forward to Leto as Joker and Suicide Squad in general, especially after seeing the animated movie a long while ago. 2016 is a great year for DC fans, that's for damn sure.

Heath Ledger gave the only real award winning performance as a character from a superhero comic book.

Leto has the chops but the people surrounding the movie are holding him back from being comparable to Ledgers joker.

This is my fear. Will Smith sucks.

Hammil did throw his whole body into the voice acting. Not that that makes it the same. Though what he accomplished with hos voice is more than what most actors accomplish with their on screen acting, IMO.

And Hammil voices the joker brilliantly, but let's not pretend he's acted as the joker. That's a whole 'nother ball game

I like Killing Joke. Hamill's joker will be in Killing Joke when the animated movie comes out. I like that side of him though, Heath didn't really joke around or have the grin, he was too angsty I think. That's what made me think Joker was scary when I was a kid, he would joke and laugh about how crazy and violent he was.

Voice acting is no less legitimate than "real" acting.

And this.

If Mark Hamill was a young man today and played Joker, he'd be the GOAT. Hell, he already is the GOAT Joker.

Like someone else said, voice acting is still acting. You should watch Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy do the voices for the animated shows and the Batman video games, Hamill is actually acting in there, the way he moves and such, it's like he's playing a movie and same with Conroy. It's still just as much of acting than it is to actually appear on screen. Any voice actor can tell you this.

I hope that the shitty costume designers haven't ruined Leto's Joker too much.

Man you having a bad day or what? You just put half of the forum on blast Pete. You got your flame retardant jacket on? Thems be fighting words.

If Mark Hamill was a young man today and played Joker, he'd be the GOAT. Hell, he already is the GOAT Joker.

Like someone else said, voice acting is still acting. You should watch Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy do the voices for the animated shows and the Batman video games, Hamill is actually acting in there, the way he moves and such, it's like he's playing a movie and same with Conroy. It's still just as much of acting than it is to actually appear on screen. Any voice actor can tell you this.

except he's not and he didn't.

And Jack Nicholson was young when he played Joker? News to me.
There's more to acting than saying words. Mark did not play the joker, whose persona relies on a lot of physical presence. I'm not saying he'd be bad, i'm just saying he didn't and it's stupid to pretend he did.

mask of phantasm is my favorite joker, but he's not a live action joker. Period. You guys can pretend and theorize all you want, but pretending that Mark Hammil was a live action joker is silly

You say Leto will be better and that Heath's looks like he is a kid who listens to Korn and lives with his parents and pouts a lot.

When I view this image, if you gave me that description, id pick the joker with the Slick backed hair, cheesy tats and just wearing lipstick as the Korn listening pouty kid who lives with his parents. I am sure Leto's will be fine, looking forward to it. But your dislike of Heath's version I think has lead you down a dark path of making shit up haha. :p But we cool. :p

EDIT: You know what, maybe the Korn part is better. For some reason I was thinking Insane Clown Posse type kids with Leto's. Which is kind of worse actually haha.

HkS4ApP.jpg

You say Leto will be better and that Heath's looks like he is a kid who listens to Korn and lives with his parents and pouts a lot.

When I view this image, if you gave me that description, id pick the joker with the Slick backed hair, cheesy tats and just wearing lipstick as the Korn listening pouty kid who lives with his parents. I am sure Leto's will be fine, looking forward to it. But your dislike of Heath's version I think has lead you down a dark path of making shit up haha. :p But we cool. :p

EDIT: You know what, maybe the Korn part is better. For some reason I was thinking Insane Clown Posse type kids with Leto's. Which is kind of worse actually haha.

HkS4ApP.jpg

The difference between these two images is startling. Jared Leto's joker is so carefully put together to look just right... if we forget that a team of make-up artists and wardrobe managers put him together and assume it's the character himself who dandied himself up with such precise make-up elements and gangsta affectations, we're looking at a 2015 rendition of Frank Miller's Joker, who saw himself as Batman's homosexual love interest.

Imo, the only way Ledger's performance can be topped is when the Joker is written brilliantly in a movie that's better than TDK. Leto might have the best ideas in the world, but he's going to be treading water with mediocre writing and directing.

HkS4ApP.jpg

where the hell have you been blitz? drop in the cfb thread and support the Horns!

oh and I agree with a lot with what you said

Hammil did throw his whole body into the voice acting. Not that that makes it the same. Though what he accomplished with hos voice is more than what most actors accomplish with their on screen acting, IMO.

Hammil throws his heart and soul into that role. Watch him narrate some of his lines. It's fucking brilliant.

Conroy and Hamill are brilliant together. Their voices will always be Batman and the Joker to me. What they do is incredibly legitimate. John DiMaggio wasn't a bad Joker either in UTRH

It definitely is.

'Tis not, though. Hamill's voice acting is incredibly memorable.

Yes, because I said that voice acting =/= screen acting, I'm saying Hamill didn't voice a great joker.

Jesus christ, you guys lol

Yeah he does. I don't get the casting, and as Deadshot? That's the last character I'd expect him to play.

I'm still not picturing Will Smith playing a comic book villain/nemesis to Batman.
After watching the trailer, he still looks out of place in the film and lacks the creative concept of the character.

All I see is Will Smith with a gun reprising the same good cop/bad cop roles he had in previous films.
It was a bad casting choice.

More like the comics is not necessarily better.

I'm still not picturing Will Smith playing a comic book villain/nemesis to Batman.
After watching the trailer, he still looks out of place in the film and lacks the creative concept of the character.

All I see is Will Smith with a gun reprising the same good cop/bad cop roles he had in previous films.
It was a bad casting choice.

Exactly. It doesn't matter the character he plays it just won't fit in this comic book universe. I can't imagine him fighting batfleck or being a villain at all really.

Legit laughing out loud here.

jack_lol.gif

except he's not and he didn't.

And Jack Nicholson was young when he played Joker? News to me.
There's more to acting than saying words. Mark did not play the joker, whose persona relies on a lot of physical presence. I'm not saying he'd be bad, i'm just saying he didn't and it's stupid to pretend he did.

mask of phantasm is my favorite joker, but he's not a live action joker. Period. You guys can pretend and theorize all you want, but pretending that Mark Hammil was a live action joker is silly

Go watch "I Know that Voice". Mel Blanc, Billy West, Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, John DiMaggio, they're all incredible voice actors in that doc, you can see how much it takes to voice act. I have friends too that are voice actors that work hard on conveying different messages, whether it's a seat belt commercial or a character role.

HkS4ApP.jpg

ICP and Korn are both fucking horrible.

Ledger's joker is move like Nirvana or something.

It was still just a comedy series though. Unless the creatives at least try to take the material seriously, I don't consider anything they produce as a legitimate interpretation.

Oh for fuck's sake. Before you go on my ignore list, NOBODY's pretending that Mark Hamill played the Joker in live action! VOICE ACTING IS STILL ACTING!

But it's not screen acting, which was my point.

That's nice about The Joker.
But I'm more interested in Margot Robbie making one hot Harley Quinn.

Back