My unpopular opinion: Jared Leto will be a better Joker than Ledger was

Did we already do this thread? I'm getting the weirdest case of deja vu.

This is what I'm talking about; everyone is shouting out "The comic book version" but haven't read the comic books.

There's Killing Joke Joker, who is as real and terrifying as it gets, Arkham Asylum joker who is more an apparition than a real villain, Dark Knight Rises Joker who is p4p the most ruthless villain of all time for me, and then Knight and Squire joker who is just lels. Comic Joker is not a static character. He's a reflection of Batman. I'm hardly an expert on every comic and haven't even begun to read them all, but i've still read more than most whose opinions on the Joker are very limited and caught up in hollywood vs comic stigma. Joker is about as versatile a villain you can get. You know why? He's NOBODY and EVERYBODY. This joker looks like SOMEONE, someone really fucking annoying and stupid.

And this batman looks like shit, so it all makes sense that this joker looks like shit.

He varies over time, but there are static elements to the character. All of them cartoonish.

Even Moore's Joker is too silly a character to translate to film. Specifically Nolan's films.

Joker_0004.jpg

He varies over time, but there are static elements to the character. All of them cartoonish.

Even Moore's Joker is too silly a character to translate to film. Specifically Nolan's films.

Joker_0004.jpg

The whole point is that he's not silly. What's silly about that Joker?

Sometimes I think you guys just type without thinking. Too silly for Nolan? THIS NOLAN?
jokernurse-800x601.jpg

You haven't read killing joke breh lol

Leto imho can potentially do a good job

I will like to see him try to play the Joker

tumblr_lxijrqaTLO1qa0br6.gif

tumblr_inline_nfziv8xGCt1rroi9o.gif

tumblr_lvrjryvj551qaqdyco3_400.gif

c690df53917e.gif

tumblr_mbug6dyVGF1rzdpc0o6_250.gif

Give me a Sharlto Copley Joker
Aidan Gillen Riddler
Bryan Cranston Mr. Freeze

In a hard R batman
I'll die happy

Solid line up.

You seem to know quite a bit in regards to Batman/Joker.

Is there any way Leto pulls it off? Going to check out that Killing Joke.

Give me a Sharlto Copley Joker
Aidan Gillen Riddler
Bryan Cranston Mr. Freeze

In a hard R batman
I'll die happy

We will see, just my two cents. I think people praise Ledger so much because he died, were he to live, it would've been a great performance, not this otherworldly godlike performance that people say he had.

Winning the Oscar is debatable, but death or no death, it's still one of the most powerful villain portrayals of all time, and would still be praised as such. Right up there with Hannibal Lector. It's an iconic performance, and his death has no bearing on that status.

He probably wouldn't have won the Oscar though. The Academy doesn't give a fuck for comic book films, and even snubbed the movie for the most part, but Ledger snuck in there for Best Actor somehow? Yeah...

Ledger was very good as the Joker, But jack's performance was far greater. Like the point brought up before, if Ledger didn;t die he wouldn't have been given so much credit. I think Leto is going to be entertaining, although he looks a bit like a combo of prince and riff raff.

hqdefault.jpg

The whole point is that he's not silly. What's silly about that Joker?

Sometimes I think you guys just type without thinking. Too silly for Nolan? THIS NOLAN?
jokernurse-800x601.jpg

You haven't read killing joke breh lol

I have. I've read a dozen different jokers. I just fundamentally disagree.

I think goth face paint and dressing in drag is a form of behavior I've seen in real life. Frequently. Sure it's still silly, but I can get my head around it. I knew guys like that as a kid.

Pure white skin, impossibly angular features, constantly bulging eyes, and constant laughter, (which is not even to mention a secret base in an abandoned carnival) I've got to say I'm not buying even in the slightly absurd world of movies.

The new Joker looks like someone decided to merge Marilyn Manson and the son of Chucky hoping he'd look menacing. :icon_lol:

New Joker looks like shit. Affleck as Batman. Fuuuuck. Will fucking Smith as Deadshot? No thanks to all of that bullshit. These movies are gonna suck.

I don't think Leto will be a remarkable Joker but I also don't think Suicide Squad will need one.

Leto won an Oscar last year for Dallas Buyers' Club, he's the lead singer for 30 Seconds to Mars, played Paul in American Psycho, he was in Fight Club, had the title role in Mr. Nobody.

I think as a person Leto seems like a pretentious douche, but he's fucking great at what he does.

Leto has been known to charge absurd amounts of money for people to have the opportunity to "be in his prescence" at signings and after parties. He was in American Psycho for a brief period. Same with Fight Club. Was astonishing in Requiem and is awesome as a Musician. But I think his acting ability isn't close to on par with what Ledger did in TDKR, not to mention a couple other movies. I don't think Leto is anywhere near the talent that Heath was and I wasn't a very big Heath fan. Leto projects a sense of entitlement in every interview and presser ive ever seen him in. He seems like a pretentious douche because he is.

I feel like Harley Quinn will be a bigger bust than Leto's Joker but no wants to say anything but they fap to Margot Robbie

Back