My Submission Highlight

Just came across this thread. You're doing great man. It's good to see real progress over the years.

Yeah wow I just spent some time going through this thread and it is awesome and inspiring to see the improvement!! I am another tall and skinny guy so your closed guard success is inspiring! Best of luck and I will make sure to follow this thread!!

yo guys competed at the hereford open today, had a bye in the first round due to a no show, then fought in the semi final, felt ther best i ever have just took my time and went for some different stuff and looked to rack up points, had a bow and arrow choke locked up at the end but he held out so into the final, in the final swept the guy, controlled then finished with a peruvian necktie.

very happy with my performance and another title( my third hereford open title now 1x middleweight 2x middle heavy)

here are the videos.

[YT]myzP6shTxQA[/YT]

[YT]jTNFOYZwbxg#t=1s
[/YT]

and on the podium!

545457_10150982768877645_267347637_n.jpg

heys guys competed in my first nogi comp of the year today, as ive been competing in just gi comps this year until today, won gold in my division, won my first fight on points against a very stubborn guy, then won my semi final via darce choke against a good guy, then in the final between me and my good friend tim newman, i won the fight via DQ as tim applied an illegal footlock(under spartan rules), everyone who knows me knows this is not the way i like to win finals but it was an illegal technique, but no hard feelings tim was genuinely mistaken on the ruleset.

but overall happy with the gold to kick start my nogi season.

here are the videos.

[YT]gCb47Xz2PK8[/YT]

[YT]J9i9A8fHGIE[/YT]

[YT]LDJVzxCk54M[/YT]

getting that gold

528230_10150995798007645_642194047_n.jpg

Really do appreciate you guys taking time out to watch my matches, feedback always welcomed.

Your game is sick , sharp technique !! Hope to be as good as you one day !!

Your game is sick , sharp technique !! Hope to be as good as you one day !!

Thanks for the compliment mate, just hoping I can get to the level of some of the other awesome grapplers on this board.

Yo guys competed today for the first time at purple belt at the UK premier BJJ championships, i got double silver in my weight and absolute division.

in my semi final i won via mounted triangle after going 6-0 up, then in the final against a very tough polish guy, he went 7-0 up early and caught me cold in the first minute but after that i recovered guard and locked up a triangle and he was defending there for about 5mins, then the last minute i went to omoplata and back to triangle but he held on.

absolute i won my semi final via darce after about a minute , then in the absolute final i competed against a very good and experienced purple tough match but he executed a good gameplan

also i got to referee for the first time today , reffed a lot of matches and got good feedback on my performance which was a cool.

im going to use all this as experience, work my ass off even more and get double gold at my next comp

here are the vids

division semi final
[YT]qXEXC_sFvY4[/YT]

division final

[YT]NtBRMJhpSII[/YT]

absolute semi final

[YT]2YPHwpocZsY[/YT]

absolute final

[YT]3IQdXV0iV6w[/YT]

First fight was 9-0, Tom scored the sweep, the guard pass and the mount, if you reffed today you should have picked that up ;)

Get some judo or some wrestling, some sort of takedowns. Does Craig Ewers do stuff with Pedro?

Thats all nit picking by the way! And as said above, beast in the making! Well done fella, hope to see you at the English Open!!

Cheers for the feedback guys, haha trait was 9, I've had a long day flameboy hehe, I'm working with Craig on my judo, just trying to implement it now, yes will be at the English open for sure mate

Great stuff. Craig's an excellent Judo coach as well. Next time I'm in Cardiff I may stop by and ask you to show me some stuff. :D I'm usually down that end with uni mates, or doing judo comps anyway. Keep up the training, you're a beast!

Great stuff. Craig's an excellent Judo coach as well. Next time I'm in Cardiff I may stop by and ask you to show me some stuff. :D I'm usually down that end with uni mates, or doing judo comps anyway. Keep up the training, you're a beast!

Yeh man Craig is a legit beast, that will be cool, let me know and we can train

yo guys competed today at the Welsh Open nogi championships in cardiff, had a pretty good result got gold my purple belt meduim heavy division and got silver in the absolute.

so first fight was against a 95kg beast who was allowed to drop down to our 85kg category as he had no one to fight, dude was really strong but i made the decision to a play agame to wear him and a get him tired, plan worked a hit a nice armbar on him with about a minute to go.

final was against a very good purple who beat me back when i was a blue and he was a purple so was looking to even the score, we had a very good technical back and forth fight that ened with me submitting him via triangle.

absolute semi final i submitted the guy via darce fairly quickly.

and in the absolute final i lost via footlock to the guy i beat in my division, he went hunting my feet early and applied a nice footlock ,had to tap but overall im happy, first gold at purple belt , and after two comps at purple its 1 gold and 3 silvers thus far.

here are some pics and matches

semi final

[YT]8oogcUQiK9E&feature=player_detailpage[/YT]

final
[YT]H8SocnUJdbo&feature=player_detailpage#t=282s[/YT]

absolute semi

[YT]F-S7wb8W4Z0&feature=channel&list=UL[/YT]

final

*awaiting upload*

pics
[SPOIL]
486627_349602805127922_1649289510_n.jpg

386181_349601885128014_1935378267_n.jpg

376594_349601728461363_1752860709_n.jpg

260005_349602875127915_1344273299_n.jpg

400808_10151144678742645_54757215_n.jpg
[/SPOIL]

i was going to make fun of you for making your own highlight video but then i saw it and realised youve got a similar game to me. i like it. that coupled with you had a fragment of a dj shadow song means youre not half bad. which academy are you at?

i was going to make fun of you for making your own highlight video but then i saw it and realised youve got a similar game to me. i like it. that coupled with you had a fragment of a dj shadow song means youre not half bad. which academy are you at?

I'm a BJJ geek highlight vids keep me busy and are handy for attracting sponsors etc I train at Celtic pride martial arts under Pedro bessa and Greg creel.

Back