My Submission Highlight

Few thoughts.
A) Sick ass submissions
B) How tall is this guy? Look at those legs!
C) Competition looked weak in your early videos...
D) but got much better in your later ones
E) Who is that girl in the black shorts? They got ass like that in Ireland?
F) Very technical game, but I think you're going to have trouble at brown once knee bars and calf slicers are legal

Great JiuJitsu man. Those legs flow like water. I want to model my game after yours because you seem kind of skinny like me.

I'll be studying your videos for shit to bust out at American Cup in a few weeks.

What's your age/height/weight?
Are you as strong as the 81/88kg people or does technique save you from their power. I need to talk to you man for how you're so skinny but wrecking the competition.

How come you don't play much Spider/DLRguard? (Your closed guard is stupid sick though!)

heys guys, competed today in some pretty tough divisions, had 5 fights in my division, i won 4 by submission and lost one by sub, so got bronze in medium heavy blue.

then entered the blue belt absolute, won one via reverse triangle against a 100kg guy and then lost 10-9 in the semi finals to the heavyweight blue champ.

so i got two triangle armbars,1 armbar, a rrear naked choke and a reverse triangle, got lot of mat time tough fights and a bunch of experience.

here are the vids of my division and, absolute

let me know what think guys.

[YT]5UYS2nw3ipE[/YT]
[YT]OTTdj8GcMUs[/YT]
[YT]_9JYLPcjgOE[/YT]
[YT]h9JYmZW5Flc[/YT]

[YT]AZ1kynw2064&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YT]
[YT]KQthvsac4l8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/YT]

Was this at the Welsh open at Western leisure centre in Cardiff ? ?
If so I was there lol

Few thoughts.
A) Sick ass submissions
B) How tall is this guy? Look at those legs!
C) Competition looked weak in your early videos...
D) but got much better in your later ones
E) Who is that girl in the black shorts? They got ass like that in Ireland?
F) Very technical game, but I think you're going to have trouble at brown once knee bars and calf slicers are legal

Great JiuJitsu man. Those legs flow like water. I want to model my game after yours because you seem kind of skinny like me.

I'll be studying your videos for shit to bust out at American Cup in a few weeks.

What's your age/height/weight?
Are you as strong as the 81/88kg people or does technique save you from their power. I need to talk to you man for how you're so skinny but wrecking the competition.

How come you don't play much Spider/DLRguard? (Your closed guard is stupid sick though!)

Thanks mate, I'm working very hard on all aspects of my game ready for the higher belts, I've got pretty decent leg attacks, as for the strength thing I maybe skinny but I feel I'm equally as strong as anyone I've fought at these weights, never been overwhelmed by strength. I play a lot of DLR and spider but use my strongest guard for comps. Oh I'm 21 and 6"7.

Thanks again for the feedback and good luck with your comp man

I've been training BJJ for only 6 weeks so I thought I'd be too inexperienced to compete at white belt level. So I decided to go down and watch the open so I coul see how tournaments work. I have to admit as soon as I got down there I regretted not entering. I would have lost both matches but it would have given me a little bit of experience.

I've been training BJJ for only 6 weeks so I thought I'd be too inexperienced to compete at white belt level. So I decided to go down and watch the open so I coul see how tournaments work. I have to admit as soon as I got down there I regretted not entering. I would have lost both matches but it would have given me a little bit of experience.

I think as long as you feel confident and have your coaches blessing go for it! I competed 4 weeks after training in the Gi.

I think as long as you feel confident and have your coaches blessing go for it! I competed 4 weeks after training in the Gi.

Confidence is something that I lack , but I'm hoping the more I train the less it will be a factor !
It's nice to meet a fellow Welshman on Sherdog , especially one that trains BJJ.

Confidence is something that I lack , but I'm hoping the more I train the less it will be a factor !
It's nice to meet a fellow Welshman on Sherdog , especially one that trains BJJ.

For sure, hopefully we bump into each other at some comps, welsh taking over sherdog ;)

You gotta believe in yourself man. Pick a sub, work on it endlessly, and head out to tournament and give it a shot. Competing isn't as bad as your mind makes it out to be.

You gotta believe in yourself man. Pick a sub, work on it endlessly, and head out to tournament and give it a shot. Competing isn't as bad as your mind makes it out to be.

Thats advice I will definetly take on board - thanks !

Especially when you take off your blue belt to compete with the white belts. Takes a lot of the pressure off when you have that edge. Right, IC?

Glad to help man. I used to walk into tournament like a sheep. Now I roll up in wolf's clothing. It's all about mindset. Go get it.

Actually we all know how you walk into tournaments and it sure as hell isn't confident.

Back