my secret to "real" cardio...

Kirk: (describing single life at his new apartment) And another great thing: you get your own bed! I sleep in a racing car. Do you?
Homer: I sleep in a big bed with my wife.
Kirk: (dejected) Oh, yeah.

so at 10k there's a third less O2 then right? Of course that's assuming the composition of the air is the same.

Urban said:
so at 10k there's a third less O2 then right? Of course that's assuming the composition of the air is the same.

Pretty much. The pressure and density of the air is lower. Over 30-40 thousand feet, you only have a few seconds of breathable oxygen.

pyr0 said:
9,000ft. isn't that high, in terms of altitude. Most airline cabins are set for 8,000 ft. altitude. I don't think airline pilots or flight attendants get any extra cardio benefits from being in the airplane for 6-8 hours a day, 15 days a month.

So I guess this explains jet lag then. Peoples bodies need more time to recover because of the altitude difference I suppose.

but i will say that is rip off.... From talking high chem and physics, I can make one of those....

SPAZ650 said:
but i will say that is rip off.... From talking high chem and physics, I can make one of those....

No you can't...

I'm almost done with my premedical school curriculum, and I've taken my share of physics and chemistry...

How would you go about making one those?

To the aviation guy:

The results speak for themselves man...

My brother is pulling faster time trial times, and I've done plenty of exercise wearing that O2 mask...

Nothing will make you more exhausted than that damn thing. It will put a serious hurting on you...

In fact, it will exhaust you to the point of forcing you to quit...

If it works for you, fine. It may just be snake oil and placebo effect however. I am not willing to gamble that amount of money (not even sure how much it costs).

Would it work to just workout while breathing through a straw or something like that, to limit the amount of oxygen? or does that not work since it also limits the amount of air?

is there a cheap version of this?

will putting on a surgeons mask kind of thing help out like a gas mask would? i know it wont be as effective but would it still help?

Nah, that would be more annoying than effective.

I would say the cheapest way to do it is to use a snorkel like Wandy.

Get a head band and clip the snorkel to it so it doesn't move around on you.

Running through my neighborhood with a gas-mask on will surely be a big hit... lol.

Interesting read, good dig up.

HMM I wonder how much the sleepingmask is.
It's got to be a lot less than the tent.

:icon_cry2I don't think my GF would wan't to sleep in there with me

Back