My how times have changed…

Cleveland

Sherdog Belt
@Green
Reaction score
We’re 3~ weeks from the second biggest fight the UFC could make (GSP/Conor being larger, but also inferior in terms of quality) and there isn’t even a thread on the first page mentioning it...

The last true MMA super fight, GSP/Penn, had such an unreal build up and anticipation. It’s surreal to see this fight with so little traction. They literally created UFC Prime Time for the lead up to the fight (at a reported cost of 1.7M) and the ratings for prime time outdrew current FS1 cards!

And the strange part is this isn’t some bullshit fight with a predictable outcome. DC is the best 205 fighter (*that hasn’t tested positive for steroids as well as post steroid cycle drugs). Stipe has the most HW defenses ever, which itself is crazy, and won the belt from the guy who has stoppage wins over Fedor, Nog and Cain.

Did DC crying make him too Beta for all you Alphas? Does the lack of interest in Stipe prove being a genuinely good guy, who puts on exciting fights, doesn't matter because he isn’t saying inane things in the WWF era?

What was the point of this thread?

I'm stoked for the fight. I think many others will show their anticipation in the upcoming weeks. The only ones who don't like it are DC haters and those with a homosexual attraction to Frances Ngannou.

its a big mismatch. DC is too small, too fat, too old.

Not a super fight so much as the organization doing a shit job of recruiting enough talent. Guys like Mighty Mouse and Stipe should have more potential challengers in their respective weight classes to keep things interesting with true super fights being saved for special occasions.

its a big mismatch. DC is too small, too fat, too old.
Let's not speak so lightly about DC. He has only ever lost to PEDed Jones and he didn't even look bad. His record is amazing and he has fought bigger guys his whole career.

Not a super fight so much as the organization doing a shit job of recruiting enough talent. Guys like Mighty Mouse and Stipe should have more potential challengers in their respective weight classes to keep things interesting with true super fights being saved for special occasions.

I mean to be fair heavyweight seems to be getting a good supply of new blood

It's the first fight in a long time where I've had literally 0 idea how it's going to go down

Right now I'm thinking DC might get it done but ask me tomorrow and I'll probably think Stipe KO's him

This is exactly the sentiment I was talking about.

DC has 13 wins at HW and did this to Barnett (and Hendo and Gustaffson):

Add wins over Bigfoot (TRT enhanced), Mir and Nelson and it's not like he was fighting scrubs...

The top 3 fights on that card are what PPV should be. Plus im hoping costa smashes hall.

You make a good point ts. I think the issue is dc and stipe are both american and good guys, which hasn't been a super popular combination. To move the needle with two american fighters, one of them has to be like brock, chael, or colby. Even Jon Jones didn't get as much publicity until he became a horrible person.

It's the first fight in a long time where I've had literally 0 idea how it's going to go down

Right now I'm thinking DC might get it done but ask me tomorrow and I'll probably think Stipe KO's him

I literally change my opinion by the day.

I honestly think for me it comes down to just how big DC lets himself get. He needs to keep his speed/agility and especially cardio. If he's in the 230s I honestly think he can take it in a walk.

I miss the primetime ane countdown shows

We’re 3~ weeks from the second biggest fight the UFC could make (GSP/Conor being larger, but also inferior in terms of quality) and there isn’t even a thread on the first page mentioning it...

The last true MMA super fight, GSP/Penn, had such an unreal build up and anticipation. It’s surreal to see this fight with so little traction. They literally created UFC Prime Time for the lead up to the fight (at a reported cost of 1.7M) and the ratings for prime time outdrew current FS1 cards!

And the strange part is this isn’t some bullshit fight with a predictable outcome. DC is the best 205 fighter (*that hasn’t tested positive for steroids as well as post steroid cycle drugs). Stipe has the most HW defenses ever, which itself is crazy, and won the belt from the guy who has stoppage wins over Fedor, Nog and Cain.

Did DC crying make him too Beta for all you Alphas? Does the lack of interest in Stipe prove being a genuinely good guy, who puts on exciting fights, doesn't matter because he isn’t saying inane things in the WWF era?

It because we are getting accustomed to being let down, pulling out, missing weight, and weak cards overall.

Nothing to get excited about this early or you'll just be let down

Back