My how times have changed…

Im stoked for it and legit believe DC can win. I dont know what it is about stipe tho, maybe its just cause who he was coming up that I still dont take him serious. He lost quite a few times. I miss the crocop shorts he wore.

EDIT: Wow stipe has only lost to JDS and struve and that was very early on. Thats actually pretty impressive.

I would be lying tho if im not more excited for holloway vs ortega. The smaller divisions are really picking up steam -125.

you after the fight: <DCrying>

<TrumpWrong1>

I really don’t care who wins this fight, I respect them both.

P.S. why does your avatar have a video of a chick getting her asshole brutally “reemed” out?

I've already bet on DC.

I do think he's slowing down, but I think he still has enough for Stipe.

Like them both a lot, so it's not a biased thing.

Sherdoggers are killing me, I agree.

But, on another note... Can we please not talk about 226.
I wanna pretend it's not happening so whoever does make it to the cage, is a bonus.
We all know someone's gonna get injured and someone's gonna miss weight.
:(

I've already bet on DC.

I do think he's slowing down, but I think he still has enough for Stipe.

Like them both a lot, so it's not a biased thing.

Far more brave than I.

Until I see him a week or so out, still able to tuck his t-shirt into has track pants, I'm terrified he's been on the popeyes every day diet.

<TrumpWrong1>

I really don’t care who wins this fight, I respect them both.

P.S. why does your avatar have a video of a chick getting her asshole brutally “reemed” out?

We all wood. He was hard af the entire interview.

how do i embed a picture saved locally? or can we only embed from websites under the new format?

Two nice guys fighting doesn't move the needle in the current UFC Attitude Era.

I think it is a great fight, and I hope DC pulls it out.

I am exceptionally excited for this fight.

With that said, seeing DC get kicked in the head and knocked the fuck out just two fights ago, does take the shine off this "super fight" just a little bit. I'm still damn excited though, it shall be an amazing fight.

Maybe people have learned their lesson from constant let downs and are reserving their excitement for when (if) the fight actually happens.

The DC/Stipe fight does not really feel like a superfight, probably because the LHW and the HW divisions are the weakest male divisions. DJ vs TJ sounds far more interesting.

Stipe leaves himself open for big shots.

And DC has good hands

Hope stipe can get the k.o

We’re 3~ weeks from the second biggest fight the UFC could make (GSP/Conor being larger, but also inferior in terms of quality) and there isn’t even a thread on the first page mentioning it...

The last true MMA super fight, GSP/Penn, had such an unreal build up and anticipation. It’s surreal to see this fight with so little traction. They literally created UFC Prime Time for the lead up to the fight (at a reported cost of 1.7M) and the ratings for prime time outdrew current FS1 cards!

And the strange part is this isn’t some bullshit fight with a predictable outcome. DC is the best 205 fighter (*that hasn’t tested positive for steroids as well as post steroid cycle drugs). Stipe has the most HW defenses ever, which itself is crazy, and won the belt from the guy who has stoppage wins over Fedor, Nog and Cain.

Did DC crying make him too Beta for all you Alphas? Does the lack of interest in Stipe prove being a genuinely good guy, who puts on exciting fights, doesn't matter because he isn’t saying inane things in the WWF era?

You have some fundamental misunderstanding when it comes to the fight game, not surprising, since you appear to be from Cleveland, you probably live in a van by the river. Allow me to elucidate:

Personalities and drama are what attract the casual fanbase, not the technical intrigue of the match-up itself. That shit is for hardcores, who are irrelevant. You're talking about the 90k or so suckers who buy every card headlined by MM.

For DC vs. Stipe:
Personality
DC:
<DCrying>

Stipe: N/A (doesn't appear to speak English)
Drama
None.
latest

In comparison, GSP drew because:

PrimeTime Shows > Countdowns

Prime Time was the closest the UFC ever got to 24/7...Much more interesting and it build up hype way better.

The DC/Stipe fight does not really feel like a superfight, probably because the LHW and the HW divisions are the weakest male divisions. DJ vs TJ sounds far more interesting.

Weird to see this thread pop...

These comments further back up why I'm confused.

TJ has one title defense (Soto on 15 minutes notice is generous to call a defense) and his last loss happens to also be to the guy that last beat MM. DJ being called the best fighter is really hard to wrap my head around, he was soundly beaten by Cruz and TJ can apparently make 125. DJ is the best fighter who is able to get down to the smallest weight class until he beats TJ or can prove 10lbs isn't an insurmountable obstacle for him.

The winner of Stipe/DC would be the betting favourite against any other MMA fighter at any weight they would like to come in at. This is a real clash of titans, not some strange hypothetical exercise where because they aren't child-sized guys like DC aren't seen as incredibly talented athletes.

Back