My god, Sammy "The Rat" Gravano was such a piece of...

You should listen to him as he's completely correct.

Also acting like the mobsters were loyal and honourable before that is bollocks.

Abe "Kid Twist" Reles ratted on all his associates way back in 1940.

Sammy the Bull was a POS, you're right. But let's not act like he was the worst of the worst. Read up on Roy DeMeo and his crew, Sammy killed 25 people, they killed 250

I decided to Google this guy and it breaks my heart to know that even an old school gangster had no class at all!

I am somewhat broken hearted, I thought perhaps maybe, old school criminals had some type of discipline and honor in being loyal but I guess I was wrong. This is very disappointing, you have provided a valid evidence and I cannot refute it because its true.

I am very ashamed of myself for my own naivety. So that's it, this whole mob thing has no loyalty or men of strong characters?

My grandpa (and grandma) came over from Italy in the 20's and settled in Durango, Co along with a few dozen family and friends. Many are still there and well known there.

He served in WW2 and was an amazing car body man and welder. He singled handedly kept my crappy 85' Honda Civic alive by piecing and welding parts together.

He called me, my brother and cousins "scorch", while my sisters were "Peanut". And would crush and grind our hands like pebbles when he'd shake with us... lol. Even at 70 while I was a HS school wrestler, I wouldn't have wanted to mess with him.

He hunted for elk and deer every year for food and had a huge garden with fruit trees. We'd sit on his porch with a BB gun to shoot the squirrels that tried to raid his fruits and vegetables. I miss him so much.

He fucking hated the mob for being worthless, lazy pieces of shit who gave hard working immigrant Italians a bad name (sound familiar?). People used to look down on Italians, not unlike other immigrants today. They are leaches, sucking the blood off honest people just trying to get by.

It might be fun to watch movies and TV shows about them, but never forget what they really are.

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing.

There, there. We'll Get through this together.

There, there. We'll Get through this together.

Its disheartening you know, I mean what's the point of taking an oath, earing your bones and being told you have been indoctrinated in to a special place in life while at the same time you realize its all for the show?

Without honor and without honoring the rules, the mafia doesn't mean shit anymore. Its like, your no different than some jerk off local gangster who throws gang sign in the air. You know what I mean?

He is a made man but also an underboss. Not even Tyrone would want to fuck with him. This was the case for Carmine Galante who would cut in line to use the phone and there was a story where he cut in line and grabbed the phone from the biggest and blackest dude and no one did shit because they knew he was still a respected boss of the Bonnano crime family.

If Sammy didn't rat, he would have still have had his reputation and full support of his crime family. In prison, if anyone fucked with him, he could hire some thugs by having his outside source pay the thugs family compensation and as result, he would be ruling the prison.

Capone tried to jump the lunch line in the Alcatraz canteen. One of the other cons told him to get to the back of the line.

Capone, "Don't you know who I am?!

Con(puts a shiv to Capone's neck)"I'm gonna know who you were if you don't get your fat Wop ass to the back of the line!"

Its disheartening you know, I mean what's the point of taking an oath, earing your bones and being told you have been indoctrinated in to a special place in life while at the same time you realize its all for the show?

Without honor and without honoring the rules, the mafia doesn't mean shit anymore. Its like, your no different than some jerk off local gangster who throws gang sign in the air. You know what I mean?

All the myths are bullshit. Individuals sometimes show these honorable traits, but there were asshole samurais and knights, cowboys and pirates etc. etc.

that piece of shit is free as a bird,meanwhile that nice man from the ''cocaine cowboys'' Rivi Ayala is still in prison, there is just no justice.

I think someone else already mentioned that the idea we have of the mafia and made men and what not are from Hollywood and another mentioned that we're taking the word of lower life forms for the rest. I guess some of it might be true but we have no reliable source.

Well if you chose criminals as your heroes (for some unfathomable reason), you shouldn't really get upset when they turn out to be scumbags.

It's like when you knew they were murdering, drug trafficking, robbing etc you thought they should be admired. Even if they all lived by this bogus code of honour you imagined they did, they would still be despicable. If anything you should love them more......even in their world of filth, violence, bullying etc etc these guys still manage to stand out as cunts.

Shit!!!!

Of all the mobsters, this dude was the biggest weasel. In main stream media, he is known as John Gottis underboss and the guy that ratted Gotti out. But before that, he would set up other capos and made guys if it meant that he didn't pay them in regards to falling in debt or even if it meant getting their business as a result.

I never knew he was such a massive cocksucker! Yes I am triggered! He would lie and manipulate anyone and everyone in order to get low key/loyal made men/capos in his own family killed for sake of couple of Gs.

This dude was released on September and look at the bull turning in to a rat:

Sammy_Gravano_%28arrest_photo_-_1990%29.jpg

poster_be4a8bfa1ce74f2ca160cba7918b0bfb_66942373_ver1.0_640_480.jpg
I heard Sonny snitched on Gotti to avoid prison, then while in witness protection in Arizona or something he commits more crime and gets locked up.

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. My Great Aunt still lives there. She's 88 and does a giant pasta dinner for hundreds of guests at the church in town every year.

She's a machine. Still goes out mushroom hunting every year (boletes are the best). And cans tons of fruit and vegetables. My wife (who's from here in Texas), was blown away when she first saw my Aunt's cellar and how packed with food it was. We always joke that we're hightailing for her house at the first signs of the Zombie Apocalypse.

They just grew up in a different time when going out and getting your food was the only make ends meet.

Yeah Gotti was trying to pin everything on Gravano, the "mad dog killer" He saw the writing on the wall and flipped on Gotti first.

He's mentioned outsiders think the mob has all these rules about respect and snitching, but he'd already seen his peers break every rule in the book if it benefited them. He reasoned why go to jail for life for someone that was selling him out?

Are you saying Gotti was going to snitch on sonny and tell the feds it was all him?

I thought gotti was gonna have sonny killed when he suspected him being a rat and manipulator?

screw mobsters. most took advantage of regular working folk, always remember that. they're not to be romanticized or anything of that nature. ms 13, mafia, mexi/columbian drug cartels, bloods, crips, etc.....all the same shit.

They're all pieces of shit, the whole "code of honour" crap is from the movies, but Sammy is especially stupid. He got a sweetheart deal for a life of crime - 5 years in prison after admitting to like 20 murders. After getting out he made some dough from an autobiography and he had a construction company. But like a dumbass he had to start selling drugs and playing the gangster again. He could have spent the last 17 or 18 years, whatever it's been chilling in Arizona and building his legit business but instead he was in prison because he's a fuckin loser.

Its that criminal mentality

screw mobsters. most took advantage of regular working folk, always remember that. they're not to be romanticized or anything of that nature. ms 13, mafia, mexi/columbian drug cartels, bloods, crips, etc.....all the same shit.

Yeah they took a cut of all the local,businesses, and if you didnt pay up for what they called a protection tax you would either get roughed up or they would take it by force

As a rule always take the tried and tested guy over the flavour of the month. We know nothing of Francis' chin or endurance, Stipe will test these.

Breaking New: Mafia Members Are Massive Pieces of Shit, TS Surprised by Revelation as His World Crumbles

Thanks. My Great Aunt still lives there. She's 88 and does a giant pasta dinner for hundreds of guests at the church in town every year.

She's a machine. Still goes out mushroom hunting every year (boletes are the best). And cans tons of fruit and vegetables. My wife (who's from here in Texas), was blown away when she first saw my Aunt's cellar and how packed with food it was. We always joke that we're hightailing for her house at the first signs of the Zombie Apocalypse.

They just grew up in a different time when going out and getting your food was the only make ends meet.

I actually lived in northern Italy as a kid and then later in my teens.

I for one am truly shocked that a criminal would act with less than superior moral integrity. SHOCKED.

I decided to Google this guy and it breaks my heart to know that even an old school gangster had no class at all!

I am somewhat broken hearted, I thought perhaps maybe, old school criminals had some type of discipline and honor in being loyal but I guess I was wrong. This is very disappointing, you have provided a valid evidence and I cannot refute it because its true.

I am very ashamed of myself for my own naivety. So that's it, this whole mob thing has no loyalty or men of strong characters?

Like the old saying goes "there's no honor among thieves".

Back