My former best friend

So you talked shot about your friend behind his back for talking shot behind your back. Then you make light of his mental illness. I can see why he distanced himself

Sounds like things got strange after you 2 fucked each other and gave each other rimjobs.

So you talked shot about your friend behind his back for talking shot behind your back. Then you make light of his mental illness. I can see why he distanced himself

I'm not making light of it. He needs help because I see a cycle of him destroying relationships for no reason. I see a possibility of him going off into the deep end and doing something he can't come back from.

Just don't end up Noah Wylie or Kellie Martin in ER.

I've moved a while ago and rather just keep it that way.
You’re making the right decision. If you confront him, it will just be a power struggle that will end in a grudge, and grudges never go away.

Friendships are ships, and ships sink.

Dude my best friend lives in my basement and I dont think I can stand him any longer. Hes an alcoholic , has burned every bridge he ever had and has nowhere to go ,for a second I was separated from my wife and met the craziest girl ever and he tried to bring her back around , hes broken shit , he runs his mouth and is the smartest dumb fucker you ever known and he constantly raids my fridge and is late on the minuscule rent I charge him and just is an asshole at every chance he gets to be one. My heart is bigger than my brain but loyalty has its breaking points and I have all but had it with this shit.

falling out with folks you used to love has got to be one of lifes greatest joys

Also I swear to god the difference in addicts is that people on drugs want to stay on drugs . Alcoholics on the other hand seem to be special and they just get into trouble get out of line and just want to watch the world around them burn

So I haven't been a regular in Mayberry for a while, right? I come back to actually read some threads and participate and what the first thread I see? Another Pug relationship thread.

Never changes.

Also, I'm no longer entirely convinced that he's real and not some guy playing a persona in the Mayberry.

So you know hes mentally ill and you still wonder why he's acting like he does? You're a genius dude.

I read the entire OP, and you come off like a very clingy friend. There is clearly a side to the story we arent getting and IMO the problem is most likely you.

I lost a lot of contact with my friends by the time my daughter was born 6 years ago. Now unfortunately I have no contact with those guys, including a childhood friend who I had known since the beginning. It's sad because I'm sure they would say I haven't tried enough to keep contact, and there is some truth to that. But at the same time they've gone their own way in life as well. I have to admit sometimes it bums me out a little when I see their facebook stuff and see they are still connecting, but eh it is what it is. I wish nothing but the best for all those guys and while you can't recreate bonds you had during your youth, you can always reconnect when the timing is right.

"When I first started to know him he opened to me about him having severe schizophrenia and OCD but he has said he had gotten better. "

"pay attention to red flags".
That is not a red flag, that is defcon 1 siren screaming about detected nuclear launch.

<JagsKiddingMe> maybe its just me, and being in my 40's, but I've never had one single person i'd consider a ''best'' friend for decades.

I lost a lot of contact with my friends by the time my daughter was born 6 years ago. Now unfortunately I have no contact with those guys, including a childhood friend who I had known since the beginning. It's sad because I'm sure they would say I haven't tried enough to keep contact, and there is some truth to that. But at the same time they've gone their own way in life as well. I have to admit sometimes it bums me out a little when I see their facebook stuff and see they are still connecting, but eh it is what it is. I wish nothing but the best for all those guys and while you can't recreate bonds you had during your youth, you can always reconnect when the timing is right.

I feel you on the facebook thing. I'm pretty much "retired" from my main social group. But honestly, the "friends for photos" thing is very shallow and meaningless IMO. True friendships are harder to find now a days. Much easier to just find people to make you look popular on facebook.

People are most certainly not "weird".
You're offensive without cause and I object to you, your OP, this thread, and everyone who participates in it.

I had someone I knew from high school get back in touch with me after I got back from Iraq on Xbox Live. We started hanging out, with me finding out he lost his foot in an industrial sawmill incident. We were hanging out, being best friends, then slowly started to drift apart after I lost my last job. The end came when my mom, being shorthanded at her work, asked him to work for her place of business. He lasted a month or two, but then when he got one of his checks, it was misprinted. My mom gave him some money from the work that he was supposed to pay back when they reprinted the checks. Needless to say, he cut and ran like a punk. I ended everything with him, to the point I wouldn't directly contact him, but via other friends. I found out afterwards that he was burning more bridges as I cut him out, to include the places we used to go to and mutual friends we had.

Back