My former best friend

Just don't end up Noah Wylie or Kellie Martin in ER.
.....David Krumholtz? (Do not look up what he looks like now.)

Sincerely not trying to shit on this story but cliffs of cliffs world be schizophrenia. That's not weird, it's mental. Jesus that's a bad pun. At least you can tell everyone to chalk up his gossip to being lies and part of his illness.

Similar thing happened to me, except for the whole him wanting to murder the religious leader of a billion people thing. We haven’t spoken in over 20 years and looking back it was all soooooo stupid. I wish we had talked it out. If I couldn’t have gotten past it at least we would have parted as men instead of fucking school girls. Closure is a beneficial thing. Talk to him. If you can’t get past what he did or if his mental state would be too toxic for you to handle, look him in the eye shake his hand and walk away. You’ll be glad later that you did. Peace.

Stopped reading at schizophrenia. This is on you for being friends with someone like that in the first place.

You choose friends about as well as Trump chooses his cabinet members.

“Only the best!”

1478090715662888232.png

Dude, wtf.

My best friend of 10 years tried to assault me while drunk and probably on coke, then broke into my apartment. So I ended that one. That was about 9 years ago.

There's a guy who at point I considered my best friend. I met him 6 years ago and we clicked. We live in the same area so we hung out a few times a week. We shared a lot about our lives to each other. We were there for each other when we had issues with our exes. He met his current girlfriend of 3 years because of me. I helped him move several times because I was the only friend with a car. I used to think we were there for each other and this friendship was one of the strongest I've had in my life.

But we stopped hanging out with about an year ago due to a combination of things but mostly him making less effort to meet me. It didn't just happen to me but also to our mutual friends. I thought we naturally grew apart. It hurt a bit to think my best friend didn't want to be my friend anymore but I understood people have their own lives to live. I had no hard feelings, although I lost a bit of respect for him because he would give me half-assed attempts to reconnect without following through on anything. For example I ran into him once and we talked about hanging out the next day and he canceled the next day because he was tired. I have a hard time respecting a man who does that.

I recently found out he was talking shit about me behind my back. The way I found out was that I coincidentally ended up hanging out with a couple other people who also used to be good friends with him but the same thing happened to them where he made very little effort to actually hang out but talked a lot about hanging out. He came up on the conversation and we ended up airing our grievances about him. Turns out he was talking shit about me to another friend while he was talking shit about that friend to another friend. One guy said he was shocked that this friend was talking shit about me to him because he knew him and I were really close. Then this guy later found out that our "friend" was doing the same thing to another guy.

Dude was always eccentric and weird (one of the weirdest people I've ever met) but I'm not exactly normal myself so I just chalked it up as him being "unique." I never thought he was malicious. When I first started to know him he opened to me about him having severe schizophrenia and OCD but he has said he had gotten better. Now I'm thinking back and realizing this dude was never released from his illnesses. He's said some crazy ass shit that I always just laughed off but now it's all making more sense. It's bordering on psychotic.

You never know. This only makes me think I need to filter out people better and pay attention to red flags. I've met too many people who I thought were cool at first only to find out they're sociopaths or just giant douchebags.

Cliffs:
Had a best friend for almost 6 years
Dude stopped hanging out with me and a bunch of other mutual friends
Thought we just grew apart
Turns out he was talking shit about me including other people who were his friends
I'm like WTF because this dude used to be my best friend
People are fucking weird

You are describing a man I considered my friend for almost 40 years. Who knows what happens to people over time. My friend started shit talking about some of his friends about 5 years before I found out he was doing the same to me. When I look back over the years, I realise he benefitted much more from most of his friendships because we did a lot of business with him.

Its shitty losing friends. Had a buddy who got married and then just fucking disappeared. Stopped hanging our with all his friends of several years, even though we had all introduced him and his wife and we were all mutual friends to begin with.

Its weird how it works like that, I had a few really solid friends in my early 20s that i had known since end of HS start of college, we hit the end of our 20s and people just drifted off.

There's a guy who at point I considered my best friend. I met him 6 years ago and we clicked. We live in the same area so we hung out a few times a week. We shared a lot about our lives to each other. We were there for each other when we had issues with our exes. He met his current girlfriend of 3 years because of me. I helped him move several times because I was the only friend with a car. I used to think we were there for each other and this friendship was one of the strongest I've had in my life.

But we stopped hanging out with about an year ago due to a combination of things but mostly him making less effort to meet me. It didn't just happen to me but also to our mutual friends. I thought we naturally grew apart. It hurt a bit to think my best friend didn't want to be my friend anymore but I understood people have their own lives to live. I had no hard feelings, although I lost a bit of respect for him because he would give me half-assed attempts to reconnect without following through on anything. For example I ran into him once and we talked about hanging out the next day and he canceled the next day because he was tired. I have a hard time respecting a man who does that.

I recently found out he was talking shit about me behind my back. The way I found out was that I coincidentally ended up hanging out with a couple other people who also used to be good friends with him but the same thing happened to them where he made very little effort to actually hang out but talked a lot about hanging out. He came up on the conversation and we ended up airing our grievances about him. Turns out he was talking shit about me to another friend while he was talking shit about that friend to another friend. One guy said he was shocked that this friend was talking shit about me to him because he knew him and I were really close. Then this guy later found out that our "friend" was doing the same thing to another guy.

Dude was always eccentric and weird (one of the weirdest people I've ever met) but I'm not exactly normal myself so I just chalked it up as him being "unique." I never thought he was malicious. When I first started to know him he opened to me about him having severe schizophrenia and OCD but he has said he had gotten better. Now I'm thinking back and realizing this dude was never released from his illnesses. He's said some crazy ass shit that I always just laughed off but now it's all making more sense. It's bordering on psychotic.

You never know. This only makes me think I need to filter out people better and pay attention to red flags. I've met too many people who I thought were cool at first only to find out they're sociopaths or just giant douchebags.

Cliffs:
Had a best friend for almost 6 years
Dude stopped hanging out with me and a bunch of other mutual friends
Thought we just grew apart
Turns out he was talking shit about me including other people who were his friends
I'm like WTF because this dude used to be my best friend
People are fucking weird
Are you sure you're not both women?

my best friend was KIA in Iraq in 06, haven't really developed another one since

partly on me, as I lost touch w/ a lot of people while living in Europe and didn't make the effort to reconnect upon coming back

I have friends that go out of their way to include me in things and also have helped me when I never asked for it.

I have also done that.

A true friend helps you without asking - because they know you are in trouble. They don't wait for you to suck their dick. A lot of men wouldn't ask for help (even if they needed it) due to pride.

So I'm grateful for my friends.

.....David Krumholtz? (Do not look up what he looks like now.)

Sincerely not trying to shit on this story but cliffs of cliffs world be schizophrenia. That's not weird, it's mental. Jesus that's a bad pun. At least you can tell everyone to chalk up his gossip to being lies and part of his illness.
LOL, holy shit, I forgot he played that bit. It came flooding back to me, oddly, when I didn't do as I was told, and found myself staring at his bloated, middle-aged face. That was an incredible episode.

Its shitty losing friends. Had a buddy who got married and then just fucking disappeared. Stopped hanging our with all his friends of several years, even though we had all introduced him and his wife and we were all mutual friends to begin with.

Its weird how it works like that, I had a few really solid friends in my early 20s that i had known since end of HS start of college, we hit the end of our 20s and people just drifted off.

One of the group of friends we had married one of the girls who were always hanging around. As soon as they got married, she got him away from all of us. He wound up walking out back of their house one morning, stuck a shotgun under his chin and blew his brains out or at least that's what his wife claimed.

I call bullshit, I don’t think any sherdoggers have ever had friends.

One of the group of friends we had married one of the girls who were always hanging around. As soon as they got married, she got him away from all of us. He wound up walking out back of their house one morning, stuck a shotgun under his chin and blew his brains out or at least that's what his wife claimed.

Damn. That's rough.

LOL, holy shit, I forgot he played that bit. It came flooding back to me, oddly, when I didn't do as I was told, and found myself staring at his bloated, middle-aged face. That was an incredible episode.
I don't know if it has something to do with age, but I thought ER was awesome. I still think fondly of NBC's "Thursday Night Line Up." The only thing I find comparable these days is the back-to-back three hour blocks of IMPRACTICAL JOKERS that I've already seen a thousand times.

Back