My former best friend

I feel you on the facebook thing. I'm pretty much "retired" from my main social group. But honestly, the "friends for photos" thing is very shallow and meaningless IMO. True friendships are harder to find now a days. Much easier to just find people to make you look popular on facebook.

That's the truth. I remember growing up thinking "why doesn't dad have any friends" And now I am just like him. Good thing is though eventually when my dad found himself single again and all us kids grew up, it seems like he has a good handful of close friends now. So there is still hope lol

talking shit behind peoples back is small talk, that's nothing. Everybody talks shit about each other. Is normal.

That's the truth. I remember growing up thinking "why doesn't dad have any friends" And now I am just like him. Good thing is though eventually when my dad found himself single again and all us kids grew up, it seems like he has a good handful of close friends now. So there is still hope lol

I think as you get older you realize some people will be in junior high school forever. Some will never stop looking for reasons to create or be a part of drama and childish BS. It is one of the benefits of being introverted, that you don't start losing it once you lose contact with friends because you don't thrive on attention.

Most people are shitty friends even though they think they are great friends. Most people talk behind others' backs. Most people are very selfish and only want friends when it benefits them. It's extremely rare to find a true selfless friend.

So I haven't been a regular in Mayberry for a while, right? I come back to actually read some threads and participate and what the first thread I see? Another Pug relationship thread.

Never changes.

Also, I'm no longer entirely convinced that he's real and not some guy playing a persona in the Mayberry.
Who would play the persona of a manlet?

Yeah I had a good friend who has schizophrenia. We were real tight and the same thing happened to me. He ended up shanking a motherfucker downtown and is now in prison.

I never caught on to his mental illness until someone else told me about it. It made perfect sense too thinking back on it.

This sounds interesting.
Could u elaborate a bit more ?
What were the red flags ?
Something about mental illness intrigues me a lot.

My life is rich because of my friendships. They have evolved and changed but they are still strong bonds. I have friends from elementary school that we still get together every other month. College buddies. Town friends. Work friends. My kids consider many as family, as do I. Surround yourself with good friends and your life will forever be rich.

That sucks, sorry to hear about your buddy. I have moved around a lot in the last 20 or so years and have had lots of people come and go in my life. It's always been easy to make friends, harder to keep them after moving away- not because i don't want to continue a friendship with them, more because I have new friends that take up a lot of time.

I do feel fortunate though, I still have the same core of good friends that I have had since childhood (5 years old for a few of them). For almost 20 years, I rarely saw these guys but now I spend a lot of the year near them and we hang out all the time.
I got drunk with a few of them last night for example.

I'm the worst friend ever. Don't keep in regular contact with friends. I just prefer to spend time with my wife and kids or out jogging or riding by myself.

RxKYXk6.png
I love that part of the world and all the memes they contribute

This was my best friend 15 years ago. We hung out all day, every day. Unfortunately, he passed away about 10 years ago.

I don't seem to make strong friendship bonds like that anymore. I don't know why that is but I think it has to do with getting older.mitchleitner.jpg

Alcoholics on the other hand seem to be special and they just get into trouble get out of line and just want to watch the world around them burn

The alcoholic trying to destroy the world via self-destruction is a common aspect of modern addiction psychology.

I knew a boss psychiatrist running a hospital for addicts who wrote a book and several papers about that.

He later killed himself i believe. Nice guy ...

My best friend from 9 years old to 16 years old did something similar. It happens. He ended up doing some creepy shit stalking a bank teller and had to move away. He started doing coke, and I realky didn't want to get serious about it, also. That means I was starting to "ruin his plans."

I ran into his little brother recently, who was like my little brother for a few years. That was.. Neat.

Dont give up on giving people the benefit of the doubt. It'll be really hard to make friends because you'll lose trust in strangers. I get caught up with the weirdos and psychos too because I do the same. I dont seem like it here, but im too nice of a guy, and I dont want to lose that. Just learn how to get the toxic people out of your life easily. You can only be so cynical until you become that weird creepy guy.

I have 6 kids, and I was too into girls and sex to have guy friends. I wish I would have got back with some old friends before, but it's too late now. I really don't have any friends. But between 20-38 I had sex about every single day. Had days where I had sex with 3 women like it was nothing. Was faithful to a woman for, being honest, about 5 years, and she was my everything.. She was bi-polar, and the other 8 years we were together I wasn't faithful, she was still my everything.

Back