My big stupid hype trains thread.

Untitledda.jpg

Isaac Moreno

Country - USA
Weight Class - Welterweight
Promotion - Fury FC
Record : 4-0

I was going into this fight to watch Sam Kilmer again, a wrestler who I'd been impressed with before. I came away an Isaac Moreno fan after watching him pretty much kick Sam Kilmer's ass.

Isaac seems to have real power in his punches from a squat stance which fended off most takedown attempts. Really good cardio and output to carry the power further into the fight. Did get taken down once but used butterfly hooks to minimise damage and ultimately get back up before getting back to throwing hard punches and kicks.

Seems a real athlete and a top prospect to me on first viewing

Briefly updated the rankings. #18 BW Cameron Saaiman got into the UFC sooner than I expected off DWCS this week and so did #9 WFLW Denise Gomes.

This week we've got.

ONE today

LW - #11 Rae Yoon Ok (31/South Korea/16-3) defends against #5 Christian Lee (24/USA/15-4) in a rematch of their controversial first fight
FW - #16 Kai Tang (26/China/14-2) challenges for the belt against Thanh Le (13-2)

RCC today (great card)

LHW - #11 Nasrudin Nasrudinov (30/Russia/10-1) has a tough fight against juicy Hulk (Ivan Shtrykov 20-2-1)
WW - #14 Boris Medvedev (?/Russia/14-2) fights always tough out Yasubey Enomoto (23-13)
LW - #22 Ali Abdulkhalikov (29/Russia/10-1) fights Raul Tutuarauli (29-6)
WW - Aleksandr Valiev (22/Russia/8-1-1) fights Artur Sviridov (6-3-1)

CFFC tonight

FW - Jose Perez (27/USA/6-1) fights for the vacant belt against Frank Wells (28/USA/3-1)

Titan tonight

FLW - Adrian Garcia (24/USA/7-1) fights Shamel Findley (25/USA/4-1)
BW - Ryan Kuse (28/USA/6-0) takes an enormous step up in competition against Justin Scoggins (13-6)

ONE again tonight

HW - #1 Marcus Buchecha (32/Brazil/3-0) fights #16 Kirill Grishenko (31/Belarus/5-1)
AW - Itsuki Hirata (23/Japan/5-1) fights Heiqin Lin (28/China/15-3-1)
WW - #18 LW Iuri Lapicus (26/Moldova/14-1) moves up for a tough fight against Zebastian Kadestam (13-7)

LFA tonight

FLW - Carlos Mota (27/Brazil/7-1) fights for the vacant title against Rizvan Abuev (30/Russia/12-3)
WW - Ray Waters (?/USA/2-0) fights Leivon Lewis (3-1)

Fight Club Rush on Saturday

BW - Bernardo Sopai (21/Albania/8-2) fights Karlen Minasian (21/Ukraine/5-1)

ACA on Saturday

MW - #3 Magomedrasul Gasanov (Russia/17-2) defends his title against Artem Frolov (16-4)
HW - #3 Alikhan Vakhaev (29/Russia/11-2) challenges very good Salimgery Rasulov (22-7) for the title.
HW - #4 Mukhamed Vakhaev (32/Russia/10-5-1) fights Denis Smoldarev (17-9)
LHW - #9 Elkhan Musaev (Russia/8-1) fights Murat Gugov (8-4)

FEN on Saturday

WBW - #7 Ekaterina Shakalova (24/Ukraine/7-1) fights former hype train crusher Suvi Salmimies (12-5-1)

Jungle Fight on Saturday

FLW - #10 Igor Da Silva (Brazil/6-0) and Manoel Rodrigues (29/Brazil/9-1) clash for the belt

Contender Series on Tuesday

WW - #6 Yusaku Kinoshita (22/Japan/5-1) faces Jose Henrique (Brazil/5-0)
LHW - #12 MW Matej Penaz (Czechia/6-0) faces #9 MW SD Dumas (27/USA/6-0)
LW - #1 Mateusz Rebecki (29/Poland/15-1) fights Rodrigo Lidio (33/Brazil/12-2)
SW - #2 Maria Silva (26/Brazil/8-0) fights #4 Viktoria Dudakova (23/Russia/5-0)
FW - #23 Alex Morgan (31/Canada/11-4) fights Blake Bilder (6-0-1)

If you are interested Vladimir Mineev is fighting Erko Jun at September 16, kickboxing rules
Kirill Kornilov is fighting Gadzhi Navruzov under bare knuckle rules at RCC event (in September, I think?)

If you are interested Vladimir Mineev is fighting Erko Jun at September 16, kickboxing rules
Kirill Kornilov is fighting Gadzhi Navruzov under bare knuckle rules at RCC event (in September, I think?)
Sighhh, I guess Mineev is just gonna be taking nonsense bouts now. Surprised that Kornilov is doing the same but the RCC owner is a billionaire so he can pay these guys enough to stay in Russia

Happy to see the gang come through last night I have to say. Hopefully the same next week when it's loaded with hype kids again.

Sighhh, I guess Mineev is just gonna be taking nonsense bouts now. Surprised that Kornilov is doing the same but the RCC owner is a billionaire so he can pay these guys enough to stay in Russia
Seems like Fight Nights still not decided to whom they will give a title shot against Mineev. Well, they announced 3 title fights for October event and that champ Asatryan will defend his title against we-are-not-decided-whom, I think I’ve seen recently that they even asked fans on social media to help them choose a lucky bastard that will get a title shot.

evgeniy_ignatiev_headshot.jpg

Evgeniy Ignatiev

Country - Russia
Weight Class - Featherweight
Promotion - RCC
Record : 19-2-2

Yet another one of those impressive Russian pressure boxer style fighters. Very impressed with this dude's performance against UFC vet Anderson Dos Santos as he put him on the back foot straight away with great boxing mixed in with nice kicks. Dude maintained a perfect range throughout the fight, landing on Anderson and not being there for counters. Then later in the round as he gets more and more comfortable he decides to up the intensity and absolutely tools him with a hook to drop him before calmly picking out another one for the finish.

Seems like Fight Nights still not decided to whom they will give a title shot against Mineev. Well, they announced 3 title fights for October event and that champ Asatryan will defend his title against we-are-not-decided-whom, I think I’ve seen recently that they even asked fans on social media to help them choose a lucky bastard that will get a title shot.
Looked at social media, my bad -- they don't have opponent for champ Egoyan and asking fans about opponent for Eminov.

evgeniy_ignatiev_headshot.jpg

Evgeniy Ignatiev

Country - Russia
Weight Class - Featherweight
Promotion - RCC
Record : 19-2-2

Yet another one of those impressive Russian pressure boxer style fighters. Very impressed with this dude's performance against UFC vet Anderson Dos Santos as he put him on the back foot straight away with great boxing mixed in with nice kicks. Dude maintained a perfect range throughout the fight, landing on Anderson and not being there for counters. Then later in the round as he gets more and more comfortable he decides to up the intensity and absolutely tools him with a hook to drop him before calmly picking out another one for the finish.
Just watched a couple of his older fights vs Baltabaev and Carvalho. Mixes up his targets beautifully and has a great jab to the body which is extremely underutilized in MMA. Just has a great jab in general which throws off a lot of fighters, especially someone like Carvalho who really likes to plant their feet and wing big shots. Quality takedowns too and good at keeping the back when he gets it and just constantly throws volume there. Tons of experience for only being 27 as well.

Big week for signings this week.

#1 LW Mateusz Rebecki got a UFC contract.
#2 LHW Anton Turkalj got signed despite his poor performance on DWCS.
#4 SW Viktoria Dudakova got signed.
#6 WW Yusaku Kinoshita got picked up.
#9 MW Sedriques Dumas got signed too.

This weekend is a bit quiet but we've still got.

ARES tonight

WFLW - #7 Ivana Petrovic (Norway/4-0) and #10 Alexandra Tekenah (France/2-0) clash for the vacant belt (I actually favour Tekenah despite my ranking).
HW - #13 Slim Trabelsi (29/Tunisia/4-0) fights Azamat Nuftillaev (28/Uzbekistan/12-0-1)
WW - #16 Baissangour Chamsoudinov (21/France/4-0) fights Bobby Pallett (30/Wales/6-0)
LHW - Igor Glazkov (23/Russia/6-0) fights Paulin Begai (2-1)

Faber FC on Saturday

FLW - Jack Duffy (26/USA/4-0) fights Lazizkhon Uzbekov (Uzbekistan/5-1) for the title

LHW - #2 Vitor Petrino (25/Brazil/6-0) rematches #9 Rodolfo Bellato (Brazil/8-1)
WW - #2 Gabriel Bonfim (25/Brazil/12-0) fights Trey Waters (27/USA/6-0)
HW - Jimmy Lawson (USA/4-1) fights Karl Williams (32/US Virgin Islands/6-1)
LW - #6 Ismael Bonfim (26/Brazil/17-3) fights #10 WW Nariman Abbasov (28/Azerbaijan/28-3)
WFLW - #2 Tereza Bleda (Czechia/5-0) fights #19 Nayara Maia (32/Brazil/7-0-1)

ARES tonight

WFLW - #7 Ivana Petrovic (Norway/4-0) and #10 Alexandra Tekenah (France/2-0) clash for the vacant belt (I actually favour Tekenah despite my ranking).
HW - #13 Slim Trabelsi (29/Tunisia/4-0) fights Azamat Nuftillaev (28/Uzbekistan/12-0-1)
WW - #16 Baissangour Chamsoudinov (21/France/4-0) fights Bobby Pallett (30/Wales/6-0)

Faber FC on Saturday

FLW - Jack Duffy (26/USA/4-0) fights Lazizkhon Uzbekov (Uzbekistan/5-1) for the title

LHW - #2 Vitor Petrino (25/Brazil/6-0) rematches #9 Rodolfo Bellato (Brazil/8-1)
LW - #6 Ismael Bonfim (26/Brazil/17-3) fights #10 WW Nariman Abbasov (28/Azerbaijan/28-3)
I think you are interested in who UFC plans to sign from Russian (or kinda Russian) fighters. Manager of Islam Dulatov said that UFC is interested in him. I've read it here https://vk.com/wall-52672965_262786

Chamsoudinov is a pretty decent prospect, nothing exceptional. And he needs to be way more active on the ground.

But he probably has the best upper body in the UFC, he's built like an absolute tank. Not sure if he's natty though.

Chamsoudinov is a pretty decent prospect, nothing exceptional. And he needs to be way more active on the ground.

But he probably has the best upper body in the UFC, he's built like an absolute tank. Not sure if he's natty though.

I'd like to see him push for the finish a bit more but his trips are outstanding.

So, Gadjiev from Fight Nights said that Mineev is fighting Fernando Rodrigues in kickboxing in November and regarding his next mma fight - it might be Shara Bullet or Vagab Vagabov in March of 2023 they probably solve it and announce next week.

Yeah he has really good trips. Does he have a judo background?

Not sure tbh, I'm not sure how young he was when he moved to France but I know they have a good judo system there.

ARES tonight

Faber FC on Saturday

So cool.. if both the Bonfim brothers make it.

22780130_1846853818667829_8856402585860602413_n.jpg

Jaret Betancourt

Country - USA
Weight Class - Flyweight
Promotion - Combate Global
Record : 4-0

The Goat Shed is my current pick for up and coming gym that will make the most noise in the UFC in the next few years with the likes of Cristian Perez, Ryan Kuse and Roybert Echeverria training out of there, but this kid might well be the most talented of them that I've seen so far.

I didn't really get to see his grappling tested in his fight with Rodrigo Garcia but holy shit is this dude a dynamic striker. He's pretty long for the division and has good footwork, using switch stances and pressure to get a guy who clearly wanted to pressure on the back foot.

I started out thinking he had a nice 1-2 and a dynamic high kick, but by late in the fight the guy was throwing all sorts, including a flying knee into a Showtime kick which was sweet as fuck. Very athletic and great stamina to be throwing that kind of shit in the 3rd.

Remember the name with this dude.

This week there were a few more signings off DWCS.

#2 LHW Vitor Petrino, #2 WW Gabriel Bonfim and #7 LW Ismael Bonfim all got contracts

This week we have.

Serbian Battle championship on Friday giving some of their guys UFC vets

WW - Stefan Negucic (28/Serbia/11-0) gets Michel Prazeres (26-4)
LW - Predrag Bogdanovic (12-0/Serbia) draws Kevin Souza (18-6)

ACA on Friday

LW - #16 Khalid Satuev (28/Russia/11-0) fights Guilherme Doin (11-6)

Cage FS on Friday (Fight Pass)

MW - Florian Aberger (Austria/8-0) fights Jorge Bueno (33/Brazil/6-0)

CES on Friday (Fight Pass)

FW - Nathan Ghareeb (29/USA/6-1) fights Dan Dubuque (8-5)
FLW - Mitch Raposo (23/USA/6-1) fights Israel Galvan (5-2)

LFA on Friday (Fight Pass)

WW - Haris Talundzic (26/Bosnia/5-0) has the Chris Brown (8-4) test
BW - Bryce Meredith (27/USA/2-0) who's a 2 time NCAA runner up fights Nathan Fought (D)
HW - Ben Tynan (28/Canada/2-0) is probably going to kill Lance Lee (D)

KSW on Saturday

HW #23 Ricardo Prasel (32/Brazil/13-3) is probably going to lose his title fight to Phil De Fries (21-6)
MW - #18 Cezary Kesik (32/Poland/13-2) fights Tommy Romanowski (16-8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back