My big stupid hype trains thread.

Yeah, he looked fine in his last fight but the dude was a complete can (6-30), it's probably just partly because he's from Conor's gym and partly because they're running with this takeover part 2 thing.
Guy from Conor Gym <36>

Josh Silveira with PFL. I know he said he was talking with the UFC, Bellator, and PFL, but this is a great signing and I thought they didn't have a chance

Josh Silveira with PFL. I know he said he was talking with the UFC, Bellator, and PFL, but this is a great signing and I thought they didn't have a chance

Amazing signing, Im glad to see the talent being distributed among the different orgs. Loughnane also re-signed with PFL, and the Kayla Harrison saga isnt finished yet, so she might end up re-signing, too.

Curious about two things, 1. how much did pfl offer to make Silvera turn down the ufc and bellator? 2. where is pfl getting their money to keep signing these fighters?

That's a huge signing for them, I thought for sure he would sign for the UFC. Really surprised that he hasn't. PFL must have chucked a bunch of money at him.

@Hellowhosthat This dude is 3-1, are they trying to bank on irish people again?

This fight with Barry v Jackson was booked in 2020 I believe. Weird he's signed a new contract without even fighting on the last one.

Does Dean Barry have naked pictures of Dana? Or why is the UFC so insistent in signing him and giving him easy fights?

Does Dean Barry have naked pictures of Dana? Or why is the UFC so insistent in signing him and giving him easy fights?

He definitely seems like another Charlie Ward, an Irish fighter with connections to you know who, and a poor record. Ward was amazing, UFC signed him, saw him get tossed on his head and thought "nah, we can't even be arsed pretending with this fella."

He definitely seems like another Charlie Ward, an Irish fighter with connections to you know who, and a poor record. Ward was amazing, UFC signed him, saw him get tossed on his head and thought "nah, we can't even be arsed pretending with this fella."

Ward got two fights bless him, he got absolutely knocked dead by Alhassan too.

People trying to cash in on the final year off PFL.
We've been on the final year of WSOF/PFL since before David Branch jumped ship to the UFC, at this point I'm sure they'll be around until the sun explodes.

The day PFL and One cease activity is the day I'll believe the world is flat.

We've been on the final year of WSOF/PFL since before David Branch jumped ship to the UFC, at this point I'm sure they'll be around until the sun explodes.

The day PFL and One cease activity is the day I'll believe the world is flat.
Do I think that operation will die? No, but they will rebrand themselves again. Will they keep the 1 mill gimic, who knows

images

Edwin Cooper Jr

Country - USA
Weight Class - Featherweight
Promotion - LFA
Record - 5-1

Cooper is a highly impressive wrestler in an MMA setting. The other thing that makes him impressive is how aggressive he is with his ground and pound which really separates him from the lay and pray guys. He's very good at isolating a hand and throwing vicious GnP with the other hand causing severe damage to his opponent. Dominant at moving from position to position and seems to be able to take guys down at will.

In short, he's a problem.

Any insights on the guy?

I did a post on him a few pages back, he's very good.

95C933C2-750A-4F47-B7E0-1D3F975959D3-300x300.jpeg

SD Dumas

Country - USA
Weight Class - Middleweight
Promotion - AKA/Ikon
Record : 5-0

Pretty special looking prospect imo. Has a kickboxing base and the speed, variety and lack of tell on his kicks is insane, just very difficult to read where he's going to hit you. Last fight I watched he absolutely chopped some poor dude's leg into mincemeat to get a leg kick stoppage, this time he countered a dude rushing forward with a highlight reel KO headkick.

My only slight concern about him is that he did get wrestlefucked as an ammy, but it looks like he's improving in that aspect as he scrambled up quickly this time rather than accepting bottom position. Also I do need to see him against some better competiton. Jared Gooden fights in the same organisation and would be good.

Reminds me of a Jamahal Hill who's more kicking based.

95C933C2-750A-4F47-B7E0-1D3F975959D3-300x300.jpeg

SD Dumas

Country - USA
Weight Class - Middleweight
Promotion - AKA/Ikon
Record : 5-0

Pretty special looking prospect imo. Has a kickboxing base and the speed, variety and lack of tell on his kicks is insane, just very difficult to read where he's going to hit you. Last fight I watched he absolutely chopped some poor dude's leg into mincemeat to get a leg kick stoppage, this time he countered a dude rushing forward with a highlight reel KO headkick.

My only slight concern about him is that he did get wrestlefucked as an ammy, but it looks like he's improving in that aspect as he scrambled up quickly this time rather than accepting bottom position. Also I do need to see him against some better competiton. Jared Gooden fights in the same organisation and would be good.

Reminds me of a Jamahal Hill who's more kicking based.
I was impressed with Dumas. He looked very comfortable.

Back