1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

My big stupid hype trains thread.

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Hellowhosthat, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

I don't think they let them do that as such though. They just didn't re-sign them or couldn't offer them fights when they weren't coming to Europe as much.

I'd be interested to see what happened if the UFC decided they wanted Emmanuel Sanchez for example, would they let someone like that go?

2. TorontoTO Brown Belt

Surprised that Sanchez is as young as he is, but ya would be interesting but we rarely ever see guys move over from Bellator to UFC, is it because the UFC just doesn't want to pay them or Bellator being stingy, who knows.

But then again we have the ACA which somehow signs talented guys and then locks them into contracts where many can't leave. Bellator getting into the Russian market with more lenient contracts would be a good business move

Hellowhosthat likes this.
  3. David Street Use skills

Congrats to fly weight Muhammad.. Mokaev.

Muhammad Mokaev - 20 (England) 6-0 [Brave FC]

Though they list his record as 5-0 (1 NC)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  4. TorontoTO Brown Belt

Hayden Sherriff has been known to compete the same night under two different names to hide his record and knowingly throwing fights.

This fighter has been found by Tapology to have engaged in activity which does not conform to combat sports standards:

• Has purposely participated in bouts with no reasonable path to victory, displayed a lack of competitive effort, and is unjustifiably matched against far more skilled opponents.
    • Has knowingly competed and/or listed themself under false names or aliases in order to hide their actual record or identity, or for another improper purpose.

5. Feniamin Brown Belt

Isn't Adashev an ex-Glory guy and another of this signing of kickboxers (without a lot of mma fights like Borschev or Pereira)?

6. Feniamin Brown Belt

Well, as you see they also list him as British and I remember a month or two ago I mentioned to TS that according to Mokaev himself he still doesn't have British citizenship (it's from his twitter -- to leave UK he need to get some paper from government which only non-citizens who live in UK needs).

7. Ares Black Plutonium Belt

He just got his citizenship.

David Street likes this.
  8. The_Renaissance Sherdog Bunceweight Champion

It's weird Mokaev is in the UK, of all the European countries that Chechens and Dagestanis emigrate to, the UK doesn't seem to be one of them. I have genuinely never seen a Chechen or Dagestani person in the UK - not here in Wales (unsurprising) nor in Yorkshire when I lived there, nor in Bristol (where I have tons of mates). I know it's only three places, but it still strikes me as odd.

9. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

Yeah I don't think it's widespread, around here it's mostly Sudanese and Kosovans.

The_Renaissance likes this.
  10. The_Renaissance Sherdog Bunceweight Champion

Yeah, here in South Wales it seems to be Somalians, Sudanese, Romanians and some Albanians and Kurds.

Hellowhosthat likes this.
  11. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

[​IMG]

Jack Becker

Country - Australia
    Weight Class - Lightweight
    Promotion - Eternal MMA
    Record : 10-2

I started paying attention to Jack when he beat another prospect in Daniel Hill to win the Eternal MMA title after going into fight to look at Hill. He defended his title against tough veteran Brentin Mumford and showed excellent BJJ to add to the KO power he displayed when he beat Hill.

Really nice, methodical style of passing, floating from position to position, switching between back and mount and snatching up the sub once he'd created a situation where his opponent had no option but to give it to him.

He had a three year layoff after losing 2 fights to decent competition in UFC vet Callan Potter and ONE champion Ok Rae Yoon but has now won three in a row since returning, all against opponents with solid records and has won and defended the belt.

Looks to me like the Aussie in the best position to get a UFC call.

12. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

[​IMG]

Josefine Knutsson

Country - Sweden
    Weight Class - Strawweight
    Promotion - Fight Club Rush
    Record : 3-0

Knutsson is one of those prospects that gives you the feeling that you're watching the rise of a future UFC champion when you watch her, she's just absolutely amazingly good for a 3-0 fighter.

I think she's probably the fastest WMMA fighter I've seen in terms of handspeed, her combos are just lightning quick and there's no tell on her kicks at all and they come in from all angles. Green was too tough for her own good and ate an ungodly amount of punishment in somehow surviving to the bell, but it gave us more time to admire Knutsson's skillset.

She's the only female member of the Allstars Wolf pack and I think she trains pretty much exclusively with dudes. Even though she's only 3-0 I think she could sign with the UFC tomorrow and beat a good amount of the roster already.

[​IMG]

Felipe Lima

Country - Brazil
    Weight Class - Bantamweight
    Promotion - Fight Club Rush
    Record : 11-1

Another incredible member of the All Stars Wolf Pack is Brazilian import Felipe Lima, who won the Bantamweight title of FCR with an awesome flying knee to the body. Seeing that made me want to go and check out his other fights and this is an exciting fighter with varied offence and the cardio to keep throwing shit at people round after round.

Looked like a UFC standard fighter to me.

13. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

This week there's no UFC or Bellator so the MMA gods have blessed us with

Naiza 35 - 26th November
    FW - Nikolay Samsuev (?/Kazakhstan/7-0) Vs Raimbek Orinbey (6-2)
    LW - Magomed Kabardiev (26/Kazakhstan/6-0) Vs Sanjar Azhibaev (20-8)
    LW - Saifulla Dzhabairov (?/Russia/11-2) Vs Nurzhan Zholdybay (24/Kazakhstan/7-2)
    BW - Elnar Ibragimov (24/Azerbaijan/17-5) Vs Aleksandr Podlesniy (16-7-1)
    HW - Khusein Adamov (31/Russia/10-1) Vs Dmitriy Popov (29/Kazakhstan/1-0) who got a draw with Shamil Gaziev in the ammys

UWC 30 - 26th November
    BW - #18 FLW Andres Luna Martinetti (26/Ecuador/11-0) Vs Paul Marquez Moreno (7-7)

Fight Nights 106 - 27th November
    LHW - Akhmad Gasanov (?/Russia/6-0) Vs Viktor Vetcherin (4-2)
    HW - Marcio Santos (16-6-1) Vs Aleksandar Emilianenko (28-8-1) (not a prospect fight but people might be interested)

FEN - 27th November
    LW - #3 Mateusz Rebecki (29/Poland/14-1) Vs Arkiday Osipyan (7-2)

UK Fighting Championships 17 - 27th November
    WBW - #8 Dakota Ditcheva (22/England/2-0) Vs Ugiloy Nasimova (2-4)

RIZIN Trigger 1st - 28th November

WW - Yusaku Kinoshita (21/Japan/4-0) Vs Ryuichiro Sumimura (18-7-1)
    FLW - Tatsuki Saomoto (25/Japan/16-2-1) Vs Takashi Matsuba (12-4-1)

The_Renaissance likes this.
  14. TorontoTO Brown Belt

Also interesting thing for the FEN card, but Adam Wieczorek is returning to MMA after his prison stint. He was a UFC fighter before that

15. The_Renaissance Sherdog Bunceweight Champion

I didn't realise he'd been cut and gone to prison but I was aware of his problems.

16. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

Updated rankings, since last time the UFC signed #6 FLW Mo Mokaev and #16 MW Joseph Holmes while Bellator picked up #19 MW Collin Huckbody

Big movers this week include

Josefine Knutsson and Viktoria Dudakova moving to #1 and #2 at SW

Felipe Lima came in at #3 at BW

Mansur Azhiev moved to #12 at FW and Wellington Prado moved to #16 after I was able to catch his recent SFT fight

Jack Becker climbed to #21 in a busy LW division

Felipe Dos Santos in as #13 FLW

Heavyweight

Light Heavyweight

Middleweight

Welterweight

Lightweight

Featherweight

Bantamweight

Flyweight

Women's Bantwamweight +

Women's Flyweight

Strawweight

New entries lower down are

HW - Marcelo Nunes (#20)

WW - Thad Jean (#37), Raheam Forrest (#41), Tayo Odunjo (#42)

LW - Shamil Magomedov (#40), Khalid Satuev (#41), Josh Kuhne (#50)

BobsyaUncle and PurpleStorm like this.
  17. Dece Orange Belt

Yea, it's rare but I've met a few in the wrestling gyms. Got a chechen guy in the gym that can't stop talking about Chimaev.

18. Xuh Silver Belt

I've encountered multiple Chechens at MMA gyms. One dude practically lived in the gym, was always there in the background pounding heavy bags when he wasn't trying to suplex me...

Chechnya has only 1.3 million people so it's not like there's plenty of them to go round...

19. Feniamin Brown Belt

Isn't Aliakbari said that he was released because of sanctions?

20. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

IIRC he was released because of a USADA issue.