My big stupid hype trains thread.

SRX_TERRENCE_MCKINNEY_1_34733700.JPG

Terrance McKinney

Country - USA
Weight Class - Lightweight
Promotion - LFA
Record : 10-3

McKinney looks much improved to me lately. He's very reckless, but he's so fast and throws with such power that he can get away with it. Whether that'll translate to a higher level of competition is difficult to say. After winning both his last two fights in about 15 seconds, it took him just over a minute to dispose of Michael Irizarry, knocking him out from punches from within the guard, which shows what kind of power he has.

denis_maher.jpg

Denis Maher

Country - Belarus
Weight Class - Welterweight
Promotion - BRAVE
Record : 8-0

Another guy where I'm liking him mainly for having eviscerating power. He fought a sensible fight against his opponent before just utterly crushing him with a devastating uppercut. His opponent was a 9-0 guy, so it wasn't like he was in there with some mug. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

McKinney got the call to the UFC. Seems a bit early but Frevola is pretty average, maybe thats a good start.

Thoughts about other prospects I caught this week.

- Sam Patterson (25/England/LW/7-1-1) has a pretty decent fight against a solid opponent in Djilroun. I think he's a little over reliant on teeps when he's standing but a solid performance overall. Not sure he's an elite prospect but I wouldn't mind him fighting for the BRAVE title.

- Abdulmutalip Gairbekov (31/Russia/FW/15-3-1) Didn't get the nod from the judges against UFC vet Roman Bogatov but I thought he should have won. Showed good power standing and a good varied striking offence but does need to work at getting off his back when he's being held down.

- Badmatsyren Dorzhiev (27/Russia/FLW/6-0) I liked his takedowns and control, but I'd like him to do more with it really.

- Muhammad Mokaev (20/England/FLW/5-0) ended up with a no contest after he glanced his opponents bollocks with a kick and the opponent acted like he'd hit him with a sledgehammer.

- Abdul Karim Badakhshi (Afghanistan/BW/5-0) was struggling a bit with the Dagi wrestling but then pulled out a really nice triangle.

- Vadim Kutsky (29/Belarus/WW/16-1) looked pretty decent but gassed pretty badly and didn't look as good as a shiny 16-1 record suggests he should be.

- Caio Machado (26/Brazil/HW/5-1-1) I'm actually pretty sure got briefly got knocked out against Chris Larsen, but then came back to knock him out instead. Good power and obviously great heart.

- Justin Wetzell (29/USA/BW/7-1) showed good solid offensive grappling and power against Askar Askar to completely derail that guys hypetrain (no idea why it existed in the first place based on what I've seen of him. Came close to being on TUF this season, so he's obviously on the UFC radar.

- Edwin Cooper Jr (28/USA/FW/4-1) completely dominated his young Brazilian opponent and completely took his shine. Really dominant in the grappling, transitioning from position to position and doing good damage.

- Salahdine Parnasse - (23/France/FW/15-1-1) got a random win by RNC against Filip Pejic but I was actually a little bit disappointed in his stand up which looked much more tentative than usual, still got the job done though.

- - Ivan Erslan (29/Croatia/LHW/10-1) bounced back nicely from his loss against Narkun with a dominant win against a solid vet in Mysalia, getting his man out of there without ever looking in trouble. Difficult to see him beating Narkun in a rematch though.
My excitement was through the roof when Coop upset Robson, particularly that there's a bit of clash of styles there just made for a great upset.

My boy Tofiq was submitted...fucking LW is crazy AF. Where do you rank Satoshi, now?

Musayev, Shabliy, and Vartanyan were 3 out of the 4 big LW outside the UFC. And all 3 were vastly underwhelming in their last fights...LW is some crazy shit.

Still got to finish ACA, Rizin, EFC and a couple of OFC fights before updating rankings but here's the watch list for the upcoming week.
PFL on Thursday

- There's a fucking banger of a fight between #2 and #6 rated WW's Nikolay Aleksakhin (30/Russia/WW/26-5) and defending champ Ray Cooper III (28/USA/WW/21-7-1)
- #6 LHW glass cannon god Emiliano Sordi (30/Argentina/LHW/23-8) fights fellow glass cannon and UFC vet Dan Spohn (18-8)
- #15 LHW Martin Hamlet Nielsen (29/Norway/LHW/7-1) has a tough fight against extremely underrated UFC and ACA vet Cory Hendricks (7-3)
- #4 WW Magomed Magomedkerimov (31/Russia/WW/27-4) is probably going to be the latest guy to take down and sub UFC and Bellator vet Curtis Millender (18-7)
- Jordan Young (26/USA/LHW/11-1) tries to get his career back on track after the Anglickas fight against Filthy Tom Lawlor (10-8)

Naciones on Friday

- Teo Londano (24/Colombia/LW/5-0) has finished every pro and ammy fight he's ever had in the first, but has a serious step up in comp against DWCS vet Alejandro Flores (29/Mexico/LW/18-3)

AMC on Friday

- #12 LHW Arman Petrosyan (30/Armenia/LHW/4-0) defends his title against Iranian wrestler Hasan Yousefi
- David Barkudaryan (24/Russia/MW/12-3) has a good litmus test against Bellator veteran Vyacheslav Vasilevskiy 35-8 (he's still only 32 somehow, feels like he's been around forever)
- Maxim Butorin (26/Russia/WW/19-3-1) Vs Makhmud Gaziev (25/Russia/WW/8-1)

UAE Warriors on Saturday

- Martun Mezhulman (28/Armenia/LW/11-2) has looked good lately aside from getting kneebarred in a come from behind defeat against Mamedov fights ACA vet Attila Korkmaz (29/Germany/LW/11-5)
- Daniel Skibinski (30/Poland/WW/17-5) puts his 11 fight win streak on the line against Sherdog darling Acoidan Duque (16-2)
- #7 FLW Lucrenzia Ria (28/Italy/FLW/8-2) takes on undefeated 36 year old Carolina Jimenez (6-0)
- God King #3 WW Amiran Gogoladze (23/Georgia/WW/11-1) will hopefully look spectacular again against 15-3-1 PFL vet Handesson Ferreira

LMI on Saturday

- #8 FLW Laura Fontoura (20/Brazil/FLW/5-0) takes on more experienced 6-7 Rayla Nascimento

Okatagon on Saturday

- Martin Buday (29/Slovakia/HW/7-1) is down to fight Kamel Minda but I'm still not convinced this one will go ahead seeing as Buday is also booked for DWCS later in the year.

I haven't caught the Rizin card yet, subbing Tofiq is impressive though.

Satoshi looked phenomenal. Slick closing of the distance and killer guard. That triangle is textbook perfect. I havent seen such an aggressive submission fighter in a long time. Poor Tofiq never even got the chance to ger get started.

Agreed, it was impressive. Good night for those guys.

My boy Tofiq was submitted...fucking LW is crazy AF. Where do you rank Satoshi, now?
Really? I didnt watch Rizin event but I thought souza would be easy work since he got finished by johnny case

Really? I didnt watch Rizin event but I thought souza would be easy work since he got finished by johnny case
That fight was weird. He tapped after getting hit in the face so it must have broke his orbital or he went momentarily blind and he panicked

That fight was weird. He tapped after getting hit in the face so it must have broke his orbital or he went momentarily blind and he panicked
Okay I didnt watch it just saw the loss on the record and was very confused.

Satoshi looked phenomenal. Slick closing of the distance and killer guard. That triangle is textbook perfect. I havent seen such an aggressive submission fighter in a long time. Poor Tofiq never even got the chance to ger get started.

Wow that was incredible! Never thought Tofiq would get caught that quickly! That was slick and aggressive!

What the fuck is that first fight. I noticed they placed a debut fighter against a guy with 17 fights. And the debut fighter almost won. This was like a tragedy all around. Japanese kickboxing champ. Walks into the ring looking like 15 pounds bigger than his opponent. The jiu jitsu guy tries to wrestle him but can't because they're in the stupid roped cage. Debutant probably does more damage than his opponent, but gets wrestled 2 rounds, and loses a split decision. Now he starts his highly-anticipated MMA career 0-1. Not sure what Rizin was thinking giving a prospect such a veteran opponent.

What the fuck is that first fight. I noticed they placed a debut fighter against a guy with 17 fights. And the debut fighter almost won. This was like a tragedy all around. Japanese kickboxing champ. Walks into the ring looking like 15 pounds bigger than his opponent. The jiu jitsu guy tries to wrestle him but can't because they're in the stupid roped cage. Debutant probably does more damage than his opponent, but gets wrestled 2 rounds, and loses a split decision. Now he starts his highly-anticipated MMA career 0-1. Not sure what Rizin was thinking giving a prospect such a veteran opponent.
Japanese love crushing their prospects

Almost looks like he shoot into his opponents knee from this angle
If you slow down the sequence, Case punches Souza in the back of the head as he is shooting for the takedown. I know you can lose your eyesight temporarily if you get hit there hence why he grabbed his eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back