My best friend is dating my niece.

Unless having your blessing means holding you responsible for allowing the relationship to happen if it goes south then it really isn't your problem.

Touch him with teh jab and let him know if he fucks her over, you are going to touch him many more times in whatever places you want.

Thanks, that actually made me feel a little better. :icon_lol: Wouldn't surprise me too much if "teh jab" got broken out at some point in this situation.

That sucks man. Maybe another shitty story will make you feel better. It's not exactly the same but involves two people I knew that I definitely didn't want to date.
I was dating this woman while living overseas. She was hot, but as it turned out, she was an alcoholic and a terrible drunk (yes, they are different things and a terrible combination). After I ditched her my best friend decided to start dating her. They bonded after he took her to get an abortion. Later on he brought her back to our country. They lived together for 10 years. For a decade I couldn't see my best friend without seeing this crazy chick I dumped. Eventually he smartened up and ditched her.

Yeah, best friends and any relative/significant other seems like a nasty cocktail. This is my first time seeing it up close. All I can do is hope for the best.

I am actually much closer to him than to her, but there's been some distance made between us over the years with me being married and having a kids, and him being single still; but he's still likely my best friend outside my family and in-laws (who are surprisingly awesome).

Unless having your blessing means holding you responsible for allowing the relationship to happen if it goes south then it really isn't your problem.

That's what I guess I'm worried about. It's probably irrational, but I feel like I'll get blamed by both sides somehow when shit goes wrong. Feels like I'm gonna be asked to pick sides..

don't playa hate, congratulate

Another man's abortion?.?.?.

No, mine. She never told me about it though. I kept asking him why they got together and he would just say that it was because of something I did. He finally admitted it when super hammered one night. I don't think he remembers telling me.

unfriend him if it bothers you because you can't deniece your niece

No, mine. She never told me about it though. I kept asking him why they got together and he would just say that it was because of something I did. He finally admitted it when super hammered one night. I don't think he remembers telling me.

Holy fuck!

That's like Jerry Springer level stuff.

You may need to make a thread expanding on this and asking for other similar stories.

Holy fuck!

That's like Jerry Springer level stuff.

You may need to make a thread expanding on this and asking for other similar stories.

Ha ha. Maybe another time.

28 & 34 = none of your fucking business.

Stay out of it and watch the train wreck from a distance.
+1. But keep updating this thread with the ensuing shenanigans, deceptions, fights, court orders, future appearance on Discovery ID.

edit: One thing, tell him you won't be his cover for his whoring around, no need for you covering for the guy and getting part of your family angry at you. It is best to be the direct cause of family anger especially if you don't get along with some of them, it makes it sweeter.

Place bets on their relationship.

This sounds like hilarity in the making the way you describe the both of them. Sit back and get your popcorn ready.

Castrate both of them in their sleep, and then let carry on

Seems a little too attached to this so called 28 yr. old niece, imo.

you just mad cuz he could have been raising your son

Dude.

Sit back and enjoy the drama.

If you decide to laugh about it instead of being offended by it, the whole thing will go a lot better for you.

When asked for your blessing say something like "Nah, but you guys go ahead anyway"

TS, he's a man-whore and she's vindictive.

If I were you, I'd do 1 of 2 things. Either watch and enjoy the fireworks, or to wash your hands of them and to tell you when they break up.

Back