MW Top 10 after yesturday

Boetsch has been beat out of the top 10. I think one top 10 win is greater than many outside the top 10, for example Matt Serra beat Gsp and became the #1 ww with 1 top 10 win, yet who could argue that he was the #1 ww at the time? These rankings stem from the same logic.

One top 10 win (against a guy that shouldn't even be in the top 10) puts you at the number 4 spot?

Doesn't matter how you try to justify it, you still made a horrible list.

Heres a few changes to the top 10 after yesturday.
1 Chris Weidman
2 Anderson Silva
3 Ronaldo Souza
4 CB Dollaway
5 Francis Carmont
6 Luke Rockhold
7 Constantinos Philippou
8 Lyoto Machida
9 Gegard Mousasi
10 Mark Munoz

I see it that you are not a Gegard fan, awful list.

He's my list

1. CW
2. Anderson
3. Lyoto
4. Rockhold
5. Gegard
6. Souza
7. CB
8. Philippou
9. Philippou
10. Carmont

Being dominated without landing any significant offense whatsoever? And to to it off being brutally finished?

Ya, that's pretty close to as bad as it gets. I mean let's be perfectly honest here. He has absolutely no business being ranked in the top 3.

The MW GOAT finds someone who is better then him, now everyone must be..

AMIRITE???

He's my list

1. CW
2. Anderson
3. Lyoto
4. Rockhold
5. Gegard
6. Souza
7. CB
8. Philippou
9. Philippou
10. Carmont

No Vitor? He destroyed the guy you have at #4.

Heres a few changes to the top 10 after yesturday.
1 Chris Weidman
2 Anderson Silva
3 Ronaldo Souza
4 CB Dollaway
5 Francis Carmont
6 Luke Rockhold
7 Constantinos Philippou
8 Lyoto Machida
9 Gegard Mousasi
10 Mark Munoz

He's my list

1. CW
2. Anderson
3. Lyoto
4. Vitor
5. Rockhold
6. Gegard
7.Souza
8. CB
9. Philippou
10. Carmont

No Vitor? He destroyed the guy you have at #4.

He destroyed him before he was ranked that high, Rockhold is there because he beat costa, which was after he lost to Vitor. ie. fighters get better...

If there is anyone who is actually using this logic? I feel very badly for them.

You are..

Weidman beat him and now he doesn't belong in the top 3 yet he was champ for 7 years.

He hasn't lost to anyone else..

Should Renan Baroa be booted out of the TOP 3 since ONE fighter dominated him?

Being dominated without landing any significant offense whatsoever? And to top it off being brutally finished?

Ya, that's pretty close to as bad as it gets. I mean let's be perfectly honest here. He has absolutely no business being ranked in the top 3.

I'd not rank him right now as I consider him pseudo-retired until he's booked, even then he'd be "re-entering" and based on who he fights and how he performs I'd figure out where I'd rank him.

And as far as how the Weidman fights played out, it could be me being a biased fanboy of Anderson's but I didn't think they were that one sided. Towards the end of the first round of their first fight I thought he'd found his groove, then Chris punished him extremely for the most preposterous level of clowning from Anderson. The second fight Weidman was definitely looking the better fighter, but to me it did feel like the leg broke before the fight really got going.

I blame Anderson for the first loss and give Weidman credit for punishing him. For the second fight, I think it very likely that Chris would've won, but due to the nature of the ending it didn't completely satisfy my curiosity for the fight.

:: shrug ::

He's my list

1. CW
2. Anderson
3. Lyoto
4. Vitor
5. Rockhold
6. Gegard
7.Souza
8. CB
9. Philippou
10. Carmont

Actually Gegard is one of my favourite mws, along with Machida, Souza and Boetsch (really like when he tosses people and the okami performance made me a fan) also I always like watching silva, if he fights again.

You are..

Weidman beat him and now he doesn't belong in the top 3 yet he was champ for 7 years.

He hasn't lost to anyone else..

Should Renan Baroa be booted out of the TOP 3 since ONE fighter dominated him?

Exactly, there is no evidence that anyone but Chris Weidman is a better mw than Anderson Silva.

I'm not sure what he's done to earn a higher spot yet myself
but I will say as someone that has cheered him on since the Dream tournament forever ago, I'm very very pleased with how the Munoz fight went

His two main holes had been TDD and aggression.
And although I don't think that highly of Munoz's TDs, they were a good test for Gegard and he DESTROYED them.
Beyond that his TDD is different than just sprawl or knee, he winds up in mount fairly consistently.

I don't know how he'll do with the other top of the division guys, but in his Munoz fight he showed what I've wanted him to show and I can finally say he looks ready for the top.

BUT Munoz is not the stiffest test and I've thought he was overvalued for quite some time. He seems like a nice guy though

That makes much more sense.

Well, lets see. No pre judgment.

Yes. You're being biased.

It will be interesting to see how Anderson does if he returns, I feel he looked different in his last fight and I fear his chin may be shot.

Rankings don't matter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back