Vitor
Lyoto
Rockhold
Jacare
Kennedy
Mousasi
Bisping
Romero

left Boetsch, Munoz, CB, Carmont, and Costas out because none of them are viable contenders. Bisping isn't either, but he's better than those 5. Sonnen has a better chance to be one than Bisping, but the Vitor fight is key to his ranking, and he was at 205.

Anybody who has Moose ranked below Souza

1) Weidman
2) Anderson
3) Belfort
4) Machida
5) Rockhold
6) Jacare
7) Kennedy
8) Mousasi
9) Romero
10) Bisping

This is the rankings based on merit, this is not a list based on my opinion of who would beat who in a fight. Im sure Kennedy will someday be on this list.

Which is how I feel rankings should be made, but looking at Munoz last three years and Kennedy last three years:

Munoz
Maia win
Leben win
Weidman loss
Boetsch win
Machida loss
Gegard loss

Kennedy
Lawler win
Rockhold loss
Trevor Smith win
Roger Gracie win
Natal win
Bisping win

Kennedy hasn't fought the same level of competition but Munoz hasn't really shown himself as capable of hanging with the higher guys he fought. So Kennedy has more wins, fewer losses, best win on par with Munoz's biggest win.

I suppose it's close, but I'd hold the losses against Mark

This list is an ongoing reaction to relevant fights.

No. This list is evidence why Whitebelts shouldn't be allowed to make threads.

Damn, never thought I'd be "that guy".... Thanks TS.

Probably one of the worst lists I've ever seen.

Also, you can't take TS seriously when he spells yesterday as "yesturday."

Lol. What a complete moron.

No. This list is evidence why Whitebelts shouldn't be allowed to make threads.

Damn, never thought I'd be "that guy".... Thanks TS.

That is an compelling argument for why the list is bad... like I've said, this list is not based on opinion, but merit. I posted it for those who were curious of the objective mw rankings.

1: Weidman
2: Anderson
3: Vitor
4: Machida
5: Jacare
6: Rockhold
7: Kennedy
8: Gegard
9: Bisping
10: Philippou
11: Romero
12: Munoz
13: CB
14: Carmont
15: Boetsch

It comes down to Munoz' win over Boetsch, Boetsch was riding high after his upset of Okami and since then Munoz has only lost to top guys (Machida(who I think could be champ),Weidman (champ) and Gegard who is still unproven at Mw I think). Also, Kennedy's win over Bisping is probably overvalued due to people's ranking of Bisping (which I never understand how he has been ranked top 10 as he loses to all top 10 fighters and only beats fighters that are not near the top 10. Maybe Kennedy vs. Munoz should happen?

If they like Mark they'll give him an easier match, some rising prospect, some returning fighter. Kennedy is on a bit of a streak now. If Kennedy loses a fight and Mark wins a fight it would be perfect.

Kennedy vs CB would be a good match now I think.

Now what's going on with Vitor's ranking?

That is an compelling argument for why the list is bad... like I've said, this list is not based on opinion, but merit. I posted it for those who were curious of the objective mw rankings.

Not a single person has agreed with your rankings.

Unfortunately, Vitor has had strange match-ups to lead to his lack of placement, Bisping was unranked, as was Rockhold at the time and the Henderson fight was at Lhw. These rankings change with time to allow for fighter improvement therefore you will see cases where fighter A is ranked higher than fighter B even though fighter B beat fighter A. This is due to when the fights took place and what fights have happened since. Unfortunately for Vitor, even if he beats Chael he will remain unranked as, to avoid complications, a fighter is removed from the rankings when they leave the division (as this could potentially really mess up the rankings (see Hendo vs. Fedor at Hw). This lead to Vitors removal from the ranking when he moved to lhw and thus he is unranked for now. I'm sure it will work itself out with time.

Rockhold was unranked when he was fighting Vitor? Show me the rankings.

Not a single person has agreed with your rankings.

Like I've said, they're not based on my opinion, therefore they're not really my rankings. I have simply, out of curiousity, figured them out. If you are interested I have the rankings for other divisions (not all, some of the lower weight classes are not well-established enough) if you would like to see them.

Unfortunately, Vitor has had strange match-ups to lead to his lack of placement, Bisping was unranked, as was Rockhold at the time and the Henderson fight was at Lhw. These rankings change with time to allow for fighter improvement therefore you will see cases where fighter A is ranked higher than fighter B even though fighter B beat fighter A. This is due to when the fights took place and what fights have happened since. Unfortunately for Vitor, even if he beats Chael he will remain unranked as, to avoid complications, a fighter is removed from the rankings when they leave the division (as this could potentially really mess up the rankings (see Hendo vs. Fedor at Hw). This lead to Vitors removal from the ranking when he moved to lhw and thus he is unranked for now. I'm sure it will work itself out with time.

It will. I kinda hate on Vitor, but I do think he's a top 3 MW, but so long as you have a system and you're sticking to it I'm an unbiased fashion, I can't much hate on your rankings

Rockhold was unranked when he was fighting Vitor? Show me the rankings.

I don't make a new list after every fight, haha, I just update the one. At the time Rockholds best wins were over Kennedy and Jacare. Neither of which had top 10 wins at the time.

Back