MW Top 10 after yesturday

TS crackin' me up

4. CB Dolloway
5. Francis Carmont

8. Lyoto Machida
9. Gegard Mousasi

It will be interesting to see how Anderson does if he returns, I feel he looked different in his last fight and I fear his chin may be shot.

I'm not that concerned with his chin
He was firmly planted with his head and hands in stupid positions when Chris knocked him silly. He didn't do anything to mitigate that damage

His age, his will, his hunger, his cardio and how well rehab went are all much bigger questions to me.

The way Anderson CAN fight, his chin actually isn't that important as people shouldn't be getting to touch it with much commitment, he didn't fight like Chuck did...

It looked like he got rocked in the clinch in the second fight, he also just seemed frailer somehow. True, he does have great movement I hope he comes back against a striker and murks them.

I like the fighters that fight differently, not my just a wrestler that learned some bjj and has developed serviceable boxing.

Anderson is one of my favorite examples of that.

If the fight style becomes too uniform my interest will definitely suffer, even if it is the "best" style

Like I've said, they're not based on my opinion, therefore they're not really my rankings.
The difference between you pulling rankings out of your ass and making a list based of criteria pulled out of your ass - criteria which you don't share with others - isn't a significant one.

If you're going to claim this is objective in some way, you need to post the method which you worked it out from. As it is now, it's as useless as any other randomly-made ranking list.

A bit less, in fact, since it doesn't make much sense at first glance.

If you want people to take it more seriously, post your full method first, and then the rankings you derivate from that method. People will still say you suck, but at least the discussion about you sucking or not will have some more substance, because it will be a critique of your method, and not just of your output.

How would you derive an objective way to determine rankings?

I sincerely believe there is no objective way to determine good or useful rankings. Fighters don't fight enough to generate a sufficient amount of data, and matchups aren't made with more than a cursory nod to rankings. You can make objective lists that will suck, or subjective lists that will suck for different reasons, but the MMA environment have generally been able to produce better results with subjective ones.

I'll support people trying, though. Stuff generated based on hard data is interesting. Often at least.

Heres a few changes to the top 10 after yesturday.
1 Chris Weidman
2 Anderson Silva
3 Ronaldo Souza
4 CB Dollaway
5 Francis Carmont
6 Luke Rockhold
7 Constantinos Philippou
8 Lyoto Machida
9 Gegard Mousasi
10 Mark Munoz

Your top 10 sucks balls.

1. Weidman
2. Silva
3. Belfort
4. Jacare
5. Machida
6. Rockhold
7. Kennedy
8. Okami
9. Mousasi
10. Bisping or Dollaway

"Yesturday". Your originality and creativity translates in your top 10 list TS.

imo...

Champion: Chris Weidman
1. Anderson Silva
2. Lyoto Machida
3. Vitor Belfort
4. Jacare
5. Gegard Mousasi
6. Luke Rockhold
7. Tim Kennedy
8. Michael Bisping
9. Yoel Romero
10. CB Dollaway

This. Amazing seven guys from Rockhold up. Below has great talent as well.

I don't make a new list after every fight, haha, I just update the one. At the time Rockholds best wins were over Kennedy and Jacare. Neither of which had top 10 wins at the time.

But they were both ranked in the top-10. I don't understand your point.

Not including the champ:

1. Vitor
2. Machida
3. Anderson*
4. Rockhold
5. Jacare
6. Kennedy
7. Mousasi
8. Romero
9. Bisping
10. Dollaway

*no wins at MW since 2012, which is why I have him at #3 rather than 1

Not including the champ:

1. Vitor
2. Machida
3. Anderson*
4. Rockhold
5. Jacare
6. Kennedy
7. Mousasi
8. Romero
9. Bisping
10. Dollaway

*no wins at MW since 2012, which is why I have him at #3 rather than 1

Are your rankings based on potential? They seem all over the place. Jacare has a longer winning streak at MW than Rockhold. Mousasi has no winning streak and just beat the 10th guy, and Romero hasn't even faced a top 20 guy unless Brad Tavares was.

Shut up. You don't have to beat a top 10 to be a top 10. But bisping won against Stan, who was top 10.

And silva isn't top 5 anymore. Putting silva at 2# is just retarded. Who are better fighters right now? Silva or Machida, belfrot, Jacare, Chirs, Mousasi? All those fighter are better fighters than Silva and will beat him. So we should put them above him. This how should be a rank.

1.Chris
2.Vitor
3.Machida
4.Jacare
5.Mousasi
6.Anderson Silva
7.Tim kennedy
8.Michael Bisping

what the fuck?

Back