MW is so chaotic because of Khamzat

filthybliss

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
They had so many more meaningful matchups to do instead of casting Khamzat in a contender fight. Strickland vs. Whittaker, Strickland vs. Jared, Izzy vs. Strickland 2, Izzy vs. Whittaker 4, etc.

They should of kept Vettori, Costa, Hermansson vs. Khamzat. They had so many shelved MWs to have him compete against to certify himself but they gifted him a title contender fight without beating a prestigious MW which is just nuts.

Judging on how active, DDP is as champ, one of these MWs are going to get fucked over which is not ideal considering Whittaker and Strickland are not fresh meat anymore.

I'd still like Khamzat to beat a top 5 guy before he gets a title shot, but who knows what's going to happen.

Izzy vs Whittaker 4? Strickland/Cannonier already happened too.
they wouldn't be ideal but they atleast make sense if you want filter out people for the next title shot. Costa had no business fighting Strickland. The dude shouldn't be ranked in 2024.

I don't know, he was promised a title shot for beating Usman because Costa couldn't show up that day. Then matched with Whittaker for a title shot and then his health problems took him out. It's pretty stupid what's been going on with his career.

I don't get what is chaotic. Could somebody help me out?

The one thing I thought of is how Sean thinks the more liberal politics in Canada is the single reason he's not a champion. Refuses to fight anybody if it's not a title fight because of this,
while the UFC want to keep his jab heavy style away from that spotlight. But I don't see how we should blame Chimaev for this?

Will Khamzat ever fight again? Seriously, he dropped out of the his last fight with a shaky explanation "Khamzat Chimaev's manager reveals 'persistent illness' forced him out of UFC" WTF does that mean? He has fought once in the past two years, a close decision over a career Welterweight. A fight that he lost the 3rd (final) round.

Until Khamzat can show up and beat a couple of top 10 MW's he is an irrelevant guy with potential....nothing more.

It's really not, Khamzat has little to no leverage in the division currently. He had the Whittaker matchup slated but pulling out of that has severely hurt his momentum. In a division where he already has no big wins.

At this rate, Khamzat isn't fighting for the title anytime soon and is likely to go down the route of 'wasted talent' unleash he channels some Poatan evil spirits and becomes more active.

They had so many more meaningful matchups to do instead of casting Khamzat in a contender fight. Strickland vs. Whittaker, Strickland vs. Jared, Izzy vs. Strickland 2, Izzy vs. Whittaker 4, etc.

They should of kept Vettori, Costa, Hermansson vs. Khamzat. They had so many shelved MWs to have him compete against to certify himself but they gifted him a title contender fight without beating a prestigious MW which is just nuts.

Judging on how active, DDP is as champ, one of these MWs are going to get fucked over which is not ideal considering Whittaker and Strickland are not fresh meat anymore.
He just needs to fight more.

The one thing I thought of is how Sean thinks the more liberal politics in Canada is the single reason he's not a champion. Refuses to fight anybody if it's not a title fight because of this,
while the UFC want to keep his jab heavy style away from that spotlight. But I don't see how we should blame Chimaev for this?
you skipped the part where DeSean beat Costa and DDP is still recovering from the beating he took during his "win"

Sean thinks the more liberal politics in Canada is the single reason he's not a champion

Strickland obviously doesn't think that, just pandering to the morons that jumped on his bandwagon for his politics. Same thing Colby does but to a lesser degree, at least.
You know this is for the idiot American fanbase because, for example, Aldo's also very political, with extremely bad politics, but doesn't make a show of it as it's not his base.
These guys are just trying to sell themselves on social media, it's the MMA game's state.

Strickland obviously doesn't think that, just pandering to the morons that jumped on his bandwagon for his politics. Same thing Colby does but to a lesser degree, at least.
You know this is for the idiot American fanbase because, for example, Aldo's also very political, with extremely bad politics, but doesn't make a show of it as it's not his base.
These guys are just trying to sell themselves on social media, it's the MMA game's state.
Strickland is a genuine fucktard. Him and Colby are very different. And he atleast was a champion this year and he wins against ranked competetition so there's that.

And nobody cares about Brazillian politics so terrible example.

just give him a title shot

if he pulls out fire him

if he loses we can all move on

if he wins well guess the mw division is stalled as he will fight once a year

i'm starting to think he might be afraid to lose. he knows his brand is built off of him being an undefeated smash everybody phenom fighter. a loss would humanize him which, simps and fans will not fanatically follow and throughout money at a "human". yeah, if he kept winning and winning championship fights, that would build his brand even more. but - with his health issues likely at the center of it as well as potential psychological issues - he probably isn't as confident as he would like to be, and feels it is better to keep things at they are with his brand and scam his fans

he was always honest that he got into the sport to make money and take care of his family. he doesn't give a damn about the sport or the simp fans giving him money, and he shouldn't. the man cam from a damn warzone, nobody gave him anything

All the MW top guys were not scammed by Smesh token. It's clear.

Khamzat makes sense though. Bringing Khamzat to US soil will only get him in prison due to the Smesh scam. Let him fight in Saudi. Its all up to Dana as to why he couldn't make those top guys fight each other.

If they won't then just let them fight to someone who wants to kill em all.

Back