MVP is Back! Also Brennan Ward Bellator144

Exactly what I think.
I mean, the "kid" is older than Jose Aldo. He is older than Conor McGregor.

MVP had a LOT of potential, but he already wasted it by fighting exclusively lower top 50 guys. Sure, that made for some amazing highlight reel KOs, but c'mon...

It's a damn shame, because Bellator needs some home-grown, charismatic champions, and Venom could have been just that.

If they don't give him at least a lower top 15 guy for his next fight, I'll abandon all dreams of Page becoming on day a top fighter... :icon_conf
If he beats him, give him a big name, then the champ.

His days as a top athlete are counted.

RF

He's still in his 20s, loads of fighters have established themselves as top guys way after their 30s. Besides Bellator don't really have any top 15 guys outside the champ and probably Douglas Lima.

Hopefully both guys get decent tests, getting tired of seeing MVP KO guys who are simply there to lose.

He's still in his 20s, loads of fighters have established themselves as top guys way after their 30s. Besides Bellator don't really have any top 15 guys outside the champ and probably Douglas Lima.
He is still in his 20s... for one year :icon_conf Better make that year count.

Fair enough about the top 15 guys. Is Marius Zaromskis still signed with Bellator?

Like another poster said it would be a good step-up for MVP, even though "Whitemare" is clearly out of his prime and has a big reach disadvantage, at least he is an amazing striker himself and that fight would appeal to both casuals (just show some Zaromskis highlights and they will go nuts) and hardcore fans.

I'm obviously no promoter, so I don't know how to turn his career around but he obviously needs some changes, smashing can after can to build up your record if fine when you're 19, but he is 10 years older than that.

Last edited:
Luke Rockhold fought for the Strikeforce title with a record of 7-1, they need to challenge these guys if they want to progress.

I've been saying for the past year than Bellator needs to have MVP fighting every 3 months in high profile matches.

Whitemare would be a good fight cause he's atleast a good striker for MVP to fight. Doesnt have to be a top wrestler to grind him but it just cant be anymore overmatched guys who are good at nothing.

Either he gets a Bradley, someone who is a decent wrestler who might beat and grind him to a dec or you match him with a striker like Whitemare and let MVP style on him if he can.

Both official for main card, opponents TBD, wouldn't be surprise to see one of them fighting Neiman Gracie, but they'd be better suited building him up.

lets see who they fight, Bellator has limited options, not a deep WW div so not expecting great matchups but as long as its not a total can for MVP I'll be good with it.

I still hope for Zaromskis/MVP.

both MVP and Brennan ward have been added to the Bellator 144 fight card at Mohegan, although they are not facing each other

From everything ive seen online this may be one of the biggest fights bellator could make. Maybe not media wise but as far as fans want

I think they should fight each other. It'd draw big views for a card opener and MVP needs a step-up in competition, Ward's still green himself, why not pair them.

please put him up against someone worth it

I think they should fight each other. It'd draw big views for a card opener and MVP needs a step-up in competition, Ward's still green himself, why not pair them.

You want your two biggest WW prospects to fight each other now?

Ward is 2-0 at WW won the MW tourny and fought for the title. He is getting a shot at Koreshkov soon if he wins. Page will get a title shot as well but he is much more raw then Ward by quite a bit.

Reading this thread its like people dont actually watch Bellator but feel the need to comment on it.

Can't wait to see MVP fight again. Really impressed with what I've seen from him so far.

Back