MVP is Back! Also Brennan Ward Bellator144

Slongkong

Brown Belt
Reaction score
both MVP and Brennan ward have been added to the Bellator 144 fight card at Mohegan, although they are not facing each other

Squash, yuck. My matchmaking.

Ward v Paul Bradley
Olson v Johnny Cisneros

I hope they face a step up in competition.

The fact they aren't against each other leads me to believe they are both getting fed again. In which case won't pretend to really care.

Here's to hoping they face someone legit though.

Hopefully their opponents both get injured so they can stop getting opponents taylor made for the wrong end of a highlight reel

We'd all like to see him get a step up in competition but MVP could fight a mop and make it entertaining so I'm excited regardless.

What can is MVP going to fight this time? Tomato? Bean? Maybe Sweet peas?

Watch MVP fight Roger Caroll and Ward fight Rudy Bears.

If its a step up in comp I'll be happy with it, if its more squash matches then its a joke.

I'd take MVP vs WHitemare, not a wrestler thats gonna grind him down, not a top guy but good striker that would make for an interesting fight.

tired of mvp beating cans, getting old at this point.

We'd all like to see him get a step up in competition but MVP could fight a mop and make it entertaining so I'm excited regardless.

I would change the channel.

Used to always defend Page becuase he openly admitted he was progressing slowly because of lack of experience in the ground game but it is becoming increasingly hard to defend his level of opposition.

He isn't learning anything just humiliating lower level guys. If he wants to test his ground game, i would be ok with Paul Bradley or Andre Santos being his opponent for this fight and then Brennan Ward early next year but i think he will be given someone like Curtis Millender which is just not good enough anymore.

I would have a little more patience if he was 18, 19 but he is pushing 30. Time to step up or shut up

The way i look at it; if two bellator names are on a card and its not a tentpole, they arent fighting eachother... tentpoles are always going to be where coker matches up his biggest starts. Regular cards are basically to get wins....

I'd take MVP vs WHitemare, not a wrestler thats gonna grind him down, not a top guy but good striker that would make for an interesting fight.

Venom vs Zaromskis? Sign me up! Marius would have a huge disadvantage in reach (the Nick Diaz fight was painful to watch because of that...), but his experience fighting actual top fighters could make the difference.

Used to always defend Page becuase he openly admitted he was progressing slowly because of lack of experience in the ground game but it is becoming increasingly hard to defend his level of opposition.

He isn't learning anything just humiliating lower level guys. If he wants to test his ground game, i would be ok with Paul Bradley or Andre Santos being his opponent for this fight and then Brennan Ward early next year but i think he will be given someone like Curtis Millender which is just not good enough anymore.

I would have a little more patience if he was 18, 19 but he is pushing 30. Time to step up or shut up

Exactly what I think.
I mean, the "kid" is older than Jose Aldo. He is older than Conor McGregor.

MVP had a LOT of potential, but he already wasted it by fighting exclusively lower top 50 guys. Sure, that made for some amazing highlight reel KOs, but c'mon...

It's a damn shame, because Bellator needs some home-grown, charismatic champions, and Venom could have been just that.

If they don't give him at least a lower top 15 guy for his next fight, I'll abandon all dreams of Page becoming on day a top fighter... :icon_conf
If he beats him, give him a big name, then the champ.

His days as a top athlete are counted.

RF

Back