Music you're a little embarrassed to admit you listen to...

I'm a beast at singing Hungry Like a Wolf in Rockband.

I like Taylor Swift and some Katy Perry songs. I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Not totally embarassed but I really like the songs from Laura Pausimi and Celine Dion, maybe anime songs as well

Vaporwave

brah, you listen to Nmesh? What about Chuck Person (aka Oneohtrix Point Never)? Internet Club? Amun Dragoon? Vectroid?

James Ferraro?

Shit ninja, ain't nothing to be embarrassed about. Vaporwave is fucking awesome.

I'm a beast at singing Hungry Like a Wolf in Rockband.

I like Taylor Swift and some Katy Perry songs. I don't really see anything wrong with it.

Lmfao, I actually considered adding an "in before somebody says Taylor Swift" in my original post.

She's not bad or anything, not to my taste but I have daughters so I hear her songs a fair bit.

I once had a college professor tell the class, when i asked him if some of his music choices were guilty pleasures, "i don't have any guilty pleasures, i listen to it, and i love them all." I thought that was one of the toughest things i ever heard.

That being said, i'm still working to get to that state, but sometimes i'll listen to some Air Supply, and I have both ABBA and The Carpenters on vinyl. I'll own The Carpenters, as Karen has the voice of a goddess, still working up the nerve to own up to the other two to people outside my circle. I guess sometimes you just need a break from your normal listening habits.

brah, you listen to Nmesh? What about Chuck Person (aka Oneohtrix Point Never)? Internet Club? Amun Dragoon? Vectroid?

James Ferraro?

Shit ninja, ain't nothing to be embarrassed about. Vaporwave is fucking awesome.

YES AND YES. It's meme music, but it sounds so damn good. Trying to explain it is very hard though. lol

I don't really get embarrassed by my musical preferences, but my husband shakes his head every time this comes on.

I get shit for this one too. But IDGAF, because I never surrender:

Last edited:
Lmfao, I actually considered adding an "in before somebody says Taylor Swift" in my original post.

She's not bad or anything, not to my taste but I have daughters so I hear her songs a fair bit.

Uhhh, Taylor was actually mentioned two posts after your orginal. I was just using her street name. Get more hip.

Uhhh, Taylor was actually mentioned two posts after your orginal. I was just using her street name. Get more hip.

Shit lol musta missed it. Off to check the street name now lol.

ETA: Lol actually I did read that, for some reason my brain provided a mental picture of T-Pain to accompany the words and I figured it was some kind of bling-toothed purveyor of yayors... :redface:

I'm not embarrassed to listen to anything I like, but for the sake of this thread, I will pretend and contribute.

YES AND YES. It's meme music, but it sounds so damn good. Trying to explain it is very hard though. lol

e339f546e2dab0d4bddd631a5190c214.gif

I usually just say "mega nostalgia in ambient form" even though some lean a little ways further from ambient than most. Just gotta toss on some samples of vaporwave and anybody who's cool will understand what you mean.

At least nobody's posted David Brent's music video...

I kind of like the song The Hills by The Weeknd and you guys will be the only ones to ever know.

I still maintain that the Great Milenko was a good album.

Back