Music you're a little embarrassed to admit you listen to...

I've become of huge Elton John fan over the last year or two, but I'm not embarrassed about it. More surprised by it than anything because he's not somebody I would've listened to at all 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago.

Because he liked Skrewdriver. Here's some Skrewdriver lyrics, for reference, to show why it was relevant;

I always thought it was root not route.

As young Australians are strapped to chairs and forced to watch Romper Stomper in case you're wondering why I recognize a white power song so easily.

Probably Ariana Grande - Break Free. It's a good song.

99% of Pop music I still can't stand though. I've genuinely tried to listen too it, can't stand it.

Most music I like I'm not ashamed too admit that I like it though.

Rock/Metal, Rap, Classical, Folk, Electronic, I like alot of different kinds.

Discovered Trance music about a year and a half ago, Pandora put some songs on for me and at first I thought it was weird, but then I started to really dig it. I'm a bit embarassed by it, back then I was really embarrassed, but slowly starting to not give a fuck and blast it in my car.

I mainly like Vocal trance, female singers preferably, some of those women have beautiful voices, very soothing and the genre name "trance" is very fitting. Recently discovered this song that I have been listening to for the past couple days.

Also gotta say some of those songs or artists people are mentioning don't seem embarrassing at all. I'd rock some of those with fucking confidence.

I always thought it was root not route.

As young Australians are strapped to chairs and forced to watch Romper Stomper in case you're wondering why I recognize a white power song so easily.

Yes I think you're right about that, the site that I copied and pasted the lyrics from must have had it wrong.

Romper Stomper is a pretty good movie though. Pretty ironic ending which is cool.

Thread should be called "music you wouldn't play loud in your car with the windows down" because I doubt a lot of these song would be played at high volumes while driving alone with the windows down while in traffic. Just saying... ;)

Discovered Trance music about a year and a half ago, Pandora put some songs on for me and at first I thought it was weird, but then I started to really dig it. I'm a bit embarassed by it, back then I was really embarrassed, but slowly starting to not give a fuck and blast it in my car.

I mainly like Vocal trance, female singers preferably, some of those women have beautiful voices, very soothing and the genre name "trance" is very fitting. Recently discovered this song that I have been listening to for the past couple days.

Trance is amazing when you're high on E. The constant lifts in atmosphere, just keeps bringing your high up and up, BUT, the percussion is fucking HORRIBLE! It's literally just one-beat, repeated - bum, bum, bum, bum bum bum bum for the entire tune, no shifts in tempo, no nothing!

Back