Music you're a little embarrassed to admit you listen to...

These Two Hands

Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
@Brown
Reaction score
What are your guilty pleasures in audiophilic entertainment?

Mine would probably be bluegrass. Del McCoury band, Old Crow Medicine Show, stuff like that. I'm a few months shy of 30 and not many people my age listen to it; I get some weird looks when people see me listening to it lol.

Oh and I still listen to Steve Earle's Copperhead Rd album.

I had a friend who was an Asian who for some reason really liked Skrewdriver; that was probably the oddest I'd heard of.

How about everybody else?

Eh nothing. If you like it why be embarrassed. If there are dudes that openly admit to wanting to bang little girl cartoon charecters, who I am to be embarrassed about rockin' T-Swizzle.

'80s Duran Duran.

For some reason that got an old BHG lyric stuck in my head hahaha;

You are my best friend too
I share the same views and hardly ever argue
Eat Spam from the can watch late night C-Span
And rock out to old school Duran Duran
Your best friend is you I'm my best friend too
I share the same views and hardly ever argue
Eat Spam from the can watch late night C-Span
And rock out to old school Duran Duran

Why would anyone be embarrassed about listening to Steve Earle or Del McCoury? I'm one of the few people that I know who likes some of U2's music. Most people can't get past Bono being a twat.

And TS, Asians are extremely racist so you knowing one that liked Skrewdriver makes total sense.

To old to give a shit what others think of my music taste, I listen to everything and anything as long as it puts me in a feel good vibe, after years of listening to heavy metal - Hardcore Rap I switched it up and now consciously choose to listen to only positive influential music that puts me on the right frequency.

One song I do play ....and do this:

michael-bolton-rapping-o.gif

Embarrassed? I don't know about that. However I have been listening to a lot of the classical/opera on NPR during my daily commutes the last month or so

i don't really get embarrassed, but others clown me all the time for listening still to Bolton, Richard Marx, and certain gospel artists like david phelps and smokie norful

I don't care if people care, but I love hair metal, new wave, and old doo wop.

Why would anyone be embarrassed about listening to Steve Earle or Del McCoury? I'm one of the few people that I know who likes some of U2's music. Most people can't get past Bono being a twat.

They had some good songs. I don't mind U2 at all.

Embarrassed? I don't know about that. However I have been listening to a lot of the classical/opera on NPR during my daily commutes the last month or so

I doubt I'd sit through an entire opera, but I have had some Andrea Bocelli and Pavarotti on some playlists before. I don't mind a little classical now and again; Tchaikovsky's Romance Op 5 is pretty good, and some of Mendellsohn's stuff too.

Back