Music genre you hate the most

I like a little of most things. I absolutely love a lot of country, like some R&B, every once in awhile I hear a rap song I like. Mexican polka, Indian sitar, whatever I will give it a chance.

Don't like almost all metal. Other than Metallica and Clutch can't stand it. I guess that's the point of metal though.

As a lover of metal I can totally see why most people don't like it. It was intended to reach a specific audience with no intention of being universally received.

Maybe punk. Most of it seems like guys with 0 songwriting and playing ability. I suppose that's like the whole point of punk man and fuck the system, but it just sounds shitty to me 99% of the time. Strangely enough, I have no issues with Noise and most other low-fi music.

Name some bands you would consider punk though. Punk is a genre with such a ridiculously broad definition. You have people naming bands like NOFX which sounds nothing like a band like the Stooges. Many bands latched onto the idea of simplistic songwriting and three chords style like the Ramones, while many other bands kept a sound similar to something like The New York Dolls which was basically sped up blues style. A lot of bands that are really in the style of the original punk are now just labeled "garage rock", which probably goes under your classification of "other low-fi music".

oldies. 50's 60's oldies.. Not Classic rock... But oldies.. fuck oldies

Name some bands you would consider punk though. Punk is a genre with such a ridiculously broad definition. You have people naming bands like NOFX which sounds nothing like a band like the Stooges. Many bands latched onto the idea of simplistic songwriting and three chords style like the Ramones, while many other bands kept a sound similar to something like The New York Dolls which was basically sped up blues style. A lot of bands that are really in the style of the original punk are now just labeled "garage rock", which probably goes under your classification of "other low-fi music".

I really don't have much punk now that you made me look at my library

2iifrkg.jpg

Maybe I should listen to more of it before making such a definitive declaration of hate.

I forgot to mention how much I loathe the moronic techno/happy hardcore so many chavvy scumbags here in the UK seem to love so much. Feels like a brain hemorrhage is coming on whenever I am unfortunate enough to be subjected to that crap.

I'd say there is shitty music in every genera, and the worst in of one genre is probably equally shitty with the worst of any other.

That said, the rap/hip hop genre and the pop genre have been imposed more on the general public by mainstream record labels and radio stations... so as a result we just end up hearing more of the shitty end of those genres because of more exposure.

What genre is Depeche Mode and The Cure? THAT genre is the one I hate the most.

When I first read the title I instantly thought Rap, but you are right, R&B is awful too.

Modern hip hop 05-Now
And dub step
It's probably a tie between them but the culture of hip hop today makes me hate it even more

Back