muscle pain

Dutch1

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Ive just started lifting weights at home, i went easy on the lifting for the first 2 weeks, and 2 days ago i went really hard. i done 10x3 reps of 8 different lifting excerses, and my muscles feel really sore. Is this normal? should i just keep lifting and ignore the muscle sorness... ive been drinking plenty of protien... i just hope i dont feel like this after every work out.

delayed onset muscle soreness is normal. And for a little while, you MAY feel like that after every workout. It gets better though as your GPP improves. It's not a sharp pain right? cause that might denote injury. All in all, rest a couple days, the soreness may get worse and then better, and when you're a little less stiff, you can work out again. It's not reccomended that you workout when you're REALLY sore, but a little soreness is ok to push through...

of course, re-reading your post, 10x3 (10 sets of three reps right?) for 8 exercises sounds like you have a pretty shitty program.

Dutch1 said:
Ive just started lifting weights at home, i went easy on the lifting for the first 2 weeks, and 2 days ago i went really hard. i done 10x3 reps of 8 different lifting excerses, and my muscles feel really sore. Is this normal? should i just keep lifting and ignore the muscle sorness... ive been drinking plenty of protien... i just hope i dont feel like this after every work out.

When your just starting out it's normal to be pretty sore. It's usually worse the 2nd day too. Get some rest and don't get discouraged. You may find that doing some light cardio after lifting reduces soreness as well.

Check your PM's.

Its been few days since i felt sore. It wasnt a sharp pain. I liften thorugh it and now i feel fine. about my program, well everyone i talk to has there own way of lifting weights. with my own program i can feel my muscles getting worked out. and thats the main thing for me right now.

Back