Muscle memory saved my ass....im a believer!

BAS_FAN

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Im a very experienced lifter and i came back from travelling overseas for 9 months about 3 months ago. didnt lift a single day while travelling and lost ALL my gains. When i came back i was 155lbs at 5'7. I was deadlifting 185 for a max, bench pressing 135lbs for 8 reps and squating with 135lbs for 5-6 reps. I was so depressed i nearly gave up on training!!!
Anyway, i sucked it up and after 3 and a half months of hardwork, ive gotten my bw up to 173lbs and all my numbers have increased! I just pulled 385lbs and squated 235lbs for 5x5. I also close gripped 285lbs for a single. You gotta love muscle memory!!
These arent by personal bests but they sure are enough to make me feel like a human again!

looks like ive got myself a hater.....:icon_chee

Yeah, what the fuck was that anyways?

Everyone knows what it's like to have set-backs,whether it's MMA, lifting, life, whatever and it's awesome to hear that you're back in the gym working hard.

I've had to really swallow my pride on everything but the DL lately and it's sucked ass, but at least I'm working hard at it again. So I can dig it.

meh... I'm bored... that's what happens when you are stuck in your apartment due to a tornado...

Yeah, what the fuck was that anyways?

Everyone knows what it's like to have set-backs,whether it's MMA, lifting, life, whatever and it's awesome to hear that you're back in the gym working hard.

I've had to really swallow my pride on everything but the DL lately and it's sucked ass, but at least I'm working hard at it again. So I can dig it.

i totally agree about sucking the pride part. I have to say that set-backs also really help you to really think your program and its effectiveness. There is no way that my strength gains would have increased like they did if i didnt stick to a powerlifting program. I almost threw all isolation lifts out the door....didnt do a single machine for 3 months and it paid off!
I focuses on increasing the big 3 and surprise suprise!...everything else increased as well!

i totally agree about sucking the pride part. I have to say that set-backs also really help you to really think your program and its effectiveness. There is no way that my strength gains would have increased like they did if i didnt stick to a powerlifting program. I almost threw all isolation lifts out the door....didnt do a single machine for 3 months and it paid off!
I focuses on increasing the big 3 and surprise suprise!...everything else increased as well!

Yeah, no doubt.

Plus, for me, my set-back was really the first major issue I'd had besides a back injury (which didn't last too long, mended nicely and then my bench shot up), it was the first time I had to really ask myself how bad I wanted it. It was a decision to life this lifestyle again. Lifting really heavy, and you have to be dedicated and ballsy. I always thought about going back, but it was a major decision to say "Yeah, this is still my passion" and be willing to make some sacrifices to make sure it can happen.

meh... I'm bored... that's what happens when you are stuck in your apartment due to a tornado...

I'm sorry for your circumstances, but come on, we're all brothers under the bar right, take it easy.

Thank you. I'm not the police, I'm the old lady who runs a 2 person neighborhood watch with her creepy son.

Thank you. I'm not the police, I'm the old lady who runs a 2 person neighborhood watch with her creepy son.

That is the lady that calls the police if you stop infront of her house to tie your laces while running (true story)

That is the lady that calls the police if you stop infront of her house to tie your laces while running (true story)

Luckily where I live most people have warrants. I don't call the cops over fights or gunshots unless somebody gets hurt, and even then not, for obvious reasons. But somebody else will.

But it also affords me the right to be all loud and drunk, party all night if I want, and smoke grass on my stoop.

I know where you are coming from too. I just got over a bad viral infection and lost 7lbs. I havent lifted in 3-4 weeks. Not as bad as you but still...I lost so much strength that I have to start over again...but I know ill gain it back real quick. It just sucks going through it again. I hate that shit. It happened to me a few times.

I know where you are coming from too. I just got over a bad viral infection and lost 7lbs. I havent lifted in 3-4 weeks. Not as bad as you but still...I lost so much strength that I gave to start over again...but I know ill gain it back real quick. It just sucks going through it again. I hate that shit. It happened to me a few times.

its the worst feeling...numbers are so hard to come by. Im happy if a pull an extra 5lbs each session so to drop over 100lbs is brutal. trust me, it took alot of work to get back but all that effort was worth it! cant gain strength any other way than to just pull pull pull and push push push your face off!

Yeah ziltoid I hear that... in the winter I have to take multi week breaks for sickness and I hate stopping and starting... bring on the summer!

I got sick like 3 times this winter. I dont know what the fuck happened. The funny thing is I got sick as soon as I ran out of Vit C. Actually I was getting sick cuz my son was getting sick from school. Damn kid germs!!

good job on the come back...make sure u're squatting low enough...aim for ATG...most people squat at least parallel when they do that...

gl..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back