Muscle memory saved my ass....im a believer!

I got sick like 3 times this winter. I dont know what the fuck happened. The funny thing is I got sick as soon as I ran out of Vit C. Actually I was getting sick cuz my son was getting sick from school. Damn kid germs!!

Lol.. I am an Ed. major so whenever I have to do work in the classroom I ALWAYS get sick from the kids and have to take some time off... teaching the first few years is going to suck before I build up an immunity.

good job on the come back...make sure u're squatting low enough...aim for ATG...most people squat at least parallel when they do that...

gl..

oh for sure....i go lower than parallel...id get made fun of if i didnt. Thats why my squat numbers arent so impressive but 3 knee surgeries and 2 screws in the knees doesnt help much....stupid football.

I don't know what's wrong with you guys; I'm a non-stop strength gaining machine! I got AIDS and kept training and deadlifts actually cured it. True story.

Nice job coming back. Like Carnal said, sometimes an injury or setback can be a good thing mentally. Makes you really question how bad you want it,

Carnal, why are you doing an 80's yuppie businessman drug?

Doing BJJ too much + too much running = horrible knees

Horrible knees = squat reduction

So, I had to do some soul searching and change some things around in my life.

Now, I don't have any injuries (finally), and I can do actual squats again.

I'm telling you gents, if you're reading this and you want to lift weights for the rest of your life, you should start planning for gym longevity now.

Increase your base strength levels, learn to protect your joints (especially knees / shoulders), and learn how to eradicate muscle imbalances.

Thread starter = good job dude, keep it up

I don't know what's wrong with you guys; I'm a non-stop strength gaining machine! I got AIDS and kept training and deadlifts actually cured it. True story.

Nice job coming back. Like Carnal said, sometimes an injury or setback can be a good thing mentally. Makes you really question how bad you want it,

Carnal, why are you doing an 80's yuppie businessman drug?

I've been clean for over 14 months, dude!

Painkillers are awesome I loved dilaudid and morphine, and cocaine is not only equally fucking awesome, but bitches love it.

Blow=me getting chicks out of my league

So whatever. That was that.

I spend a small fortune on cocaine and painkillers.

In that case, you'd be wise to go cold turkey, save up for a few months, then go to a South American country and go hog wild for a mere fraction of what you're spending now. In addition, Latinas. Also in addition, weather.

Definatelly works for me.
Also the lifts I have done the most in my life always came back the fastest.
I am really excited to see what I can do once I start out again and how fast I gonna gain back my strength and musclemass. But from my past experience I expect both to come back very fast.

well i definitely think your squat still has yet to explode considering your lifting ratios are kind of weird o_O

In that case, you'd be wise to go cold turkey, save up for a few months, then go to a South American country and go hog wild for a mere fraction of what you're spending now. In addition, Latinas. Also in addition, weather.

THREE QUESTIONS!:

1. stds?
2. prostitutes or just sluts that like money?
3. how serious?

I know a cat who always tells me that.

I am clean from narcotics, I just drink and smoke still.

Few things are worst than struggling to get something you've had before.

AKA my old squat PR.

Not so good times.

Few things are worst than struggling to get something you've had before.

AKA my old squat PR.

Not so good times.

Thats because everytime you get stronger, you're still pissed because you've already done it. I know exactly what you mean. my PR on deads was 425 and i just pulled 385 last week. It was a good pull but after i finished, i still wasnt happy cause it USED to be easy!

Increase your base strength levels, learn to protect your joints (especially knees / shoulders), and learn how to eradicate muscle imbalances.

How can you diagnose muscle imbalances? Does that mean you bench a lot more than you BOR or does that mean the left side is stronger than the right side? I have a lot of little to large injuries/chronic pains that I am working with or working around, but I would love to be pain free.

everyone has imbalances to some degree. The majority of them lie in the shoulders and and thoracic region of the body. A great way to fix thoracic kyphosis is to do alot of scapulae work (retractions on the floor using the body or on a bench using DB). Also, as Eric Cressey points on time and time again, make sure that when you do any type of row that your do retract the scapulae and not just bring the elbows back and keep the scapulae stationary.
Also, try to stay away from complete shoulder workouts and always throw in a day of pre-hab shoulder work.

everyone has imbalances to some degree. The majority of them lie in the shoulders and and thoracic region of the body. A great way to fix thoracic kyphosis is to do alot of scapulae work (retractions on the floor using the body or on a bench using DB). Also, as Eric Cressey points on time and time again, make sure that when you do any type of row that your do retract the scapulae and not just bring the elbows back and keep the scapulae stationary.
Also, try to stay away from complete shoulder workouts and always throw in a day of pre-hab shoulder work.

I have been doing the DieselCrew shoulder rehab as a warm-up before every work out and my shoulders feel better so I will keep doing it. I was just wondering if there is a way to diagnose muscle imbalances and then do specific work to correct them.

thre is an awesome article by EC that shows how to diagnose shoulder problems...ill see if i can find it.

thre is an awesome article by EC that shows how to diagnose shoulder problems...ill see if i can find it.

Are you thinking of these articles?

Shoulder Savers: Part I by Eric Cressey -
http://www.t-nation.com/article/performance_training/shoulder_savers_part_i&cr=

Shoulder Savers: Part II by Eric Cressey -
http://www.t-nation.com/article/performance_training/shoulder_savers_part_ii&cr=

Shoulder Savers: Part III by Eric Cressey -
http://www.t-nation.com/article/performance_training/shoulder_savers_part_iii&cr=

I've been clean for over 14 months, dude!

Painkillers are awesome I loved dilaudid and morphine, and cocaine is not only equally fucking awesome, but bitches love it.

Blow=me getting chicks out of my league

So whatever. That was that.

Good.

And true that so bitches do indeed love cocaine, but think, do you really want to date bitches who love cocaine?

When are you getting your ass back on the platform?

I'm sorry for your circumstances, but come on, we're all brothers under the bar right, take it easy.

Since I started posting on here...and i don't mean to be pandering with this, but you have grown up quite a bit

Im a very experienced lifter and i came back from travelling overseas for 9 months about 3 months ago. didnt lift a single day while travelling and lost ALL my gains. When i came back i was 155lbs at 5'7. I was deadlifting 185 for a max, bench pressing 135lbs for 8 reps and squating with 135lbs for 5-6 reps. I was so depressed i nearly gave up on training!!!
Anyway, i sucked it up and after 3 and a half months of hardwork, ive gotten my bw up to 173lbs and all my numbers have increased! I just pulled 385lbs and squated 235lbs for 5x5. I also close gripped 285lbs for a single. You gotta love muscle memory!!
These arent by personal bests but they sure are enough to make me feel like a human again!

Sweet monkey jesus with a hat
I know you're getting back into it but you seem to have lost more lower body strength (squat) then upper body (close grip bp)

Back