MSNBC Reporter says the N word on Live TV while covering Kobe Bryant's Death

I think it would be fair to change this title, being that she did not say the N-word. Unless "Nakers" is now considered the N-word.

Yes and said "Naykers" it sounded like to me. Everybody gotta find outrage though, and then insist on ruining someone's life over nothing. Kinda like the WR, I guess.

I also heard Naykers.

Mod Note: Do not use racial slurs in this thread. Even though we have a word filter that censors the word with :eek:, it still shows up on search engines. You can discuss the topic without flat out saying the word. Additionally, please avoid any off color jokes that would involve the censored word. This thread doesn’t excuse anything that wouldn’t be tolerated elsewhere.

<TheWire1>

This woman bout to get fired and burnt at the stake

I have some white friends in LA who say the team is commonly referred to in certain company there as the Los Angeles N-words.

It's a reference to the team's lack of white players. (I have actually heard this same "joke" made in NY to refer to the Nicks.) The same word substitution is sometimes used when referring to the "NBA" itself. Again, due to the lack of racial diversity and majority black make up of the league.

If this lady was used to always saying it the "funny" way behind closed doors at upscale dinner parties maybe it did just happen to slip out on air in the heat of the moment.

She shouldn't be fired for that, she simply got a bit tongue-tied.

Growing up there was no such thing as hearing or referring to 'the N-word,' and it's always seemed a little strange that adults have to say that in place of the word itself. I personally never heard anyone actually say the word in person until i was much older. I'd heard it on tv once or twice, probably in films though.

Now i'm 60 i can honestly say that i've probably only seen and heard anyone say the word maybe 3 times in person. What i mean is some people and some politicians often say that if we didn't say the term 'N-word,' people would be saying the actual word all the time, which wouldn't really happen.
I realize how the word is insulting to black people of course, and the history of America is very different to the countries i've lived in.[no segregation, etc]

Although not as serious a thing, itt reminds me off when we see words like p***y or fu#k and the like on the tv or in print in newspapers and websites. We see one of these words written like this, we know what the 'naughty' word is, we end up saying the word in our head anyway, so the word should be written in full, imo. Let's wrap everyone up in cotton wool and protect them from 'bad' stuff.

I have some white friends in LA who say the team is commonly referred to in certain company there as the Los Angeles N-words.

It's a reference to the team's lack of white players. (I have actually heard this same "joke" made in NY to refer to the Nicks.) The same word substitution is sometimes used when referring to the "NBA" itself. Again, due to the lack of racial diversity and majority black make up of the league.

If this lady was used to always saying it the "funny" way behind closed doors at upscale dinner parties maybe it did just happen to slip out on air in the heat of the moment.

Why you making up shit? I spent most of my entire life in LA. Most of my friends are still there. This is the first time I've ever heard of this.

I'm not going to say she should be fired but that's a massive mistake to make. Something that imo is very easy to avoid doing.

Why you making up shit? I spent most of my entire life in LA. Most of my friends are still there. This is the first time I've ever heard of this.
There are 10 million people there dude, depending on how you count it. Among them, are idiots.

I'm making up nothing. Maybe I am getting trolled by my friends today - but I doubt it.

Sounded like a word mix up. Nakers instead of Lakers. Simple screw up and I hate msnbc.

Yikes. I've been to upscale dinner parties. You know what I've never heard? Good lord, man. Get hold of yourself. That doesn't happen.

Well, this is strange. We've got progressives in here defending her, and here I am thinking I definitely heard the double G of the N-word, and not the "ack" of Knackers.

That said, I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but I don't know where you guys are getting "Knackers" from.

She mixed up the Aggies and Knicks with the Lakers.

Is this going to be the next laurel and yanny or whatever that was?

I certainly hear a g, but I dont care

Well, this is strange. We've got progressives in here defending her, and here I am thinking I definitely heard the double G of the N-word, and not the "ack" of Knackers.

That said, I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but I don't know where you guys are getting "Knackers" from.
There is no "ack". She's from NY and according to some (I haven't seen it), she said LA Knicks (pronounced Nicks) earlier in that same report in lieu of Lakers, then flubbed Knicks (Nicks) and switched to Lakers in the clip in question. The NY Knicks being in her head. The NY NBA team. Seems pretty clear to me. Just a word stumble. You have to be "special" to think she used the N-word, IMO. It was just an unfortunate time to stumble and blend the words she did and have it even remotely sound like a slur.

tenor.gif

There is no "ack". She's from NY and according to some (I haven't seen it), she said LA Knicks (pronounced Nicks) earlier in that same report in lieu of Lakers, then flubbed Knicks (Nicks) and switched to Lakers in the clip in question. The NY Knicks being in her head. The NY NBA team. Seems pretty clear to me. Just a word stumble. You have to be "special" to think she used the N-word, IMO. It was just an unfortunate time to stumble and blend the words she did and have it even remotely sound like a slur.

It was definitely a flub, unless you believe this woman willingly torpedoed her career for some insane reason, but I didn't hear no sharp "k" sound. I heard the double g's.

Don't believe it was intentional of course, but I heard them g's.

You are joking, right?

Not at all. Sounds really clear to me actually, she says, "Nakers." It sounds like a pretty normal slip of the tongue while doing a news report. It's a non-story, in my opinion.

Not at all. Sounds really clear to me actually, she says, "Nakers." It sounds like a pretty normal slip of the tongue while doing a news report. It's a non-story, in my opinion.
thats insane.

Back