MSNBC Reporter says the N word on Live TV while covering Kobe Bryant's Death

I think it's more that people you think are "usual progressive suspects" are actually just a lot smarter than you, and can easily tell the difference here without consulting their id politics handbook.
gawd. oh. jesus christ.
you people are just fucked right up.

No. I fully believe she just flubbed it, and didn't have any ill intent. Just a very unfortunate word salad fuck up.

Still though, it's very clear what it sounded like, and it certainly wasn't "nackers", or "nakers".

Oh ok. Only listened to it once and haven't read the middle pages.

I think it's more that people you think are "usual progressive suspects" are actually just a lot smarter than you, and can easily tell the difference here without consulting their id politics handbook.

She says a hard R

Well, I argue that. To me, she very clearly says, "Nakers." I said it on the first page. When she says Nakers, it sounds exactly like when she corrects it to Lakers, except with an "L" at the beginning.
lol no it doesn't

i know healthcare is expensive over there but a hearing test seems a prudent investment

Mod Note: Do not use racial slurs in this thread. Even though we have a word filter that censors the word with :eek:, it still shows up on search engines. You can discuss the topic without flat out saying the word. Additionally, please avoid any off color jokes that would involve the censored word. This thread doesn’t excuse anything that wouldn’t be tolerated elsewhere.

<TheWire1>

This woman bout to get fired and burnt at the stake

4763188-cmonbruh-png-101-images-in-collection-page-2-cmonbruh-png-300_300_preview.png

Mod Note: Do not use racial slurs in this thread. Even though we have a word filter that censors the word with :eek:, it still shows up on search engines. You can discuss the topic without flat out saying the word. Additionally, please avoid any off color jokes that would involve the censored word. This thread doesn’t excuse anything that wouldn’t be tolerated elsewhere.
sorry. i have broken this a couple times, and knowingly. Got tired of writing, “the N Word”. makes me feel like a dumb kid in a world of horrific crime who thinks he is making things better by talking like a well-leashed child.

but i still shouldnt have.

I don’t expect less from the news but it seems like something is in the air lately. lol

would yous guys like me to upload a slo-mo version of the word in question?

She said "Knickers" as in she combined the Lakers and the Knicks.

I mean, I hear it how I hear it I guess. I think I might be right though.

giphy.gif
no A, no K

try cotton buds, or q-tips as you call them

i'm of the same mind as @HereticBD on this, it was accidental, not malicious but it definitely sounded like the ol' hard R, no way it sounded like lakers with an N

Nakers/ Lakers obviously but the cancel perfect people culture will want blood for this. They are angry tweeting about this right now while listening to the new rap song that has the N word in it 1000 times lol

no
but even if it did sound that way

why the Knicks?

I'm guessing because she's from my neck of the woods. I read that she used to work for WNYW FOX 5, which is the main broadcast for New York City.

I personally don't see that holding too much water, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

This is her. Don't think she has a racist bone in her body....unless it was a bbc bone.
alison-morris.jpg

no
but even if it did sound that way

why the Knicks?
I don't care enough to defend her or to ridicule her, but I listened objectively for what was said.

Maybe because the Knicks and Lakers are the two predominant franchises in terms of Market share in the cities that are the two biggest media hubs in the country.

Back