MSNBC Reporter says the N word on Live TV while covering Kobe Bryant's Death

I mean, I'm trying to figure out how she could have legitimately made a mistake getting their words mixed up... But I can't.
Sounds like she started to say "Knicks" maybe?

Yes and said "Naykers" it sounded like to me. Everybody gotta find outrage though, and then insist on ruining someone's life over nothing. Kinda like the WR, I guess.

I mean, I'm trying to figure out how she could have legitimately made a mistake getting their words mixed up... But I can't.

She said Nakers. That's not a racial slur, it's just unfortunate that it sounds similar.

This is a trash story. Verbal slips are humorous when they happen during a lighthearted story, but given the circumstances it just seems like it's in bad taste to focus on this verbal slip. Apparently two kids died in that crash, along with their parents and the pilot. Hopefully this isn't what people choose to focus on.

Yeah, I guess I could see that. This is what happens when we let women report on sports!

Seemed like a slip of the tongue for a caster operating without the teleprompter and thinking ahead faster than her mouth can work.

But yikes that's a bad one to stumble out out. Lakers and N aren't super close

Last edited:
Seemed like a slip of the tongue for a caster operating without the teleprompter and thinking ahead faster than her mouth can work.

But yikes that's a bad one to stumble out out. Lakers and Ni--ers aren't super close

If you go back and listen without the expectation of hearing the racial slur, I think it's pretty clear that she said Nakers. I heard the slur the first time because that's what I was told I would hear, but after listening again it's really not what she said.

If you go back and listen without the expectation of hearing the racial slur, I think it's pretty clear that she said Nakers. I heard the slur the first time because that's what I was told I would hear, but after listening again it's really not what she said.

I hear "Nickers" with a definite K sound, no G, and you can hear her stumble before saying the word like her brain doesn't know what it wants to say and definitely combined two words.

I've had that happen loads of times, thankfully never on live television or something close to the N bomb when discussing a prominent black athletes death.

Hope she can just issue an "apology" for stumbling over her words in such an unfortunate fashion and not be punished at all or twitter mobs latching on.

I hear "Nickers" with a definite K sound, no G, and you can hear her stumble before saying the word like her brain doesn't know what it wants to say and definitely combined two words.

I've had that happen loads of times, thankfully never on live television or something close to the N bomb when discussing a prominent black athletes death.

Hope she can just issue an "apology" for stumbling over her words in such an unfortunate fashion and not be punished at all or twitter mobs latching on.

Yeah, I know it's a sensitive moment during which to make a mistake, but I don't even think this warrants an apology. She literally did not do anything wrong at all in this case. She stumbled over her words, and ended up using a word that does not even exist (whether Nakers or Nickers). If she accidentally used a slur then I would say she should apologize for the unfortunate stumble, but calling this an offensive moment that needs an apology is just a huge reach in my opinion.

Mod Note: Do not use racial slurs in this thread. Even though we have a word filter that censors the word with :eek:, it still shows up on search engines. You can discuss the topic without flat out saying the word. Additionally, please avoid any off color jokes that would involve the censored word. This thread doesn’t excuse anything that wouldn’t be tolerated elsewhere.

Yeah, I know it's a sensitive moment during which to make a mistake, but I don't even think this warrants an apology. She literally did not do anything wrong at all in this case. She stumbled over her words, and ended up using a word that does not even exist (whether Nakers or Nickers). If she accidentally used a slur then I would say she should apologize for the unfortunate stumble, but calling this an offensive moment that needs an apology is just a huge reach in my opinion.

I'm seeing outrage folk latch onto it (both sides, righties to smear MSNBC and some black friends shared it on FB upset as a wtf?) so depending on reach of the shares will determine if a corporation feels it needs damage control or to just ignore as a non issue

If this happened on Fox News thousands of people would be storming the HQ led by WR Generals.

Yeah, she did apologize and I agree with you that she should not have. Mistake and of course those racists who want to hear something racist aren't going to accept it anyway, so why bother? She messed up apologizing, IMO. And her twitter shows it.

kobe-finger-wag-kobe-bryant-gifs.gif

Yeah, she did apologize and I agree with you that she should not have. Mistake and of course those racists who want to hear something racist aren't going to accept it anyway, so why bother? She messed up apologizing, IMO. And her twitter shows it.

That's exactly what it sounds like she said. I thought it was pretty clearly, "Nakers," which is not a difficult mistake to make.

I wish people would stop reading Twitter comments. That is such a tiny, insignificant portion of people. Nobody I know sits around writing mean Twitter comments. It's teenagers, and loser adults. We need to stop pretending that those people are relevant.

She should lose her job immediately just in case, you know like what would happen if she didn’t happen to work for msnbc.

That's really not the biggest of deals. Calm down ladies.

I hate to hear about a man getting killed in an accident though. I hope his family is alright.

They want her head judging from the comments

Back