Mr. Robot Discussion "Hack the Gibson"

Elliot is perfectly casted btw, after only a few episodes I can't imagine anyone else in that role.

After watching episode three, I am convinced that Mr. Robot (Christian Slater) exists only in Elliot's mind as part of his split personality. They seemed too obvious about it in the office and the bar. I think that's why Darlene was so confused when Elliot told her to get out of his apartment. She never knows if she's talking to Elliot or Mr. Robot -- from her viewpoint they're the same. I get that Tyler Durden/Marla vibe about their relationship. I really hope that I'm wrong and this show doesn't turn out to be a cheap ripoff of Fight Club because I loved the first episode. The past two have left me uneasy about what they're doing.

I also suspect that at some point we're going to see a picture of Elliot's deceased father who bears a striking resemblance to Christian Slater. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Some clues are definitely there. If we start to get scenes where he can't account for lost time, then it's pretty much a wrap.

Oh, you mean all the things that makes him who he is and intriguing? Lol

Nah I mean how he perceives things inside the office & out. Not to mention that I too live in NY.

I'm absolutely convinced now that Elliot is the only one who can see Mr. Robot (ppl mentioning it before and now all the talk about "daemons"), and that scene where Mr. Robot was yelling at Jive Turkey to leave was all in Elliot's head. It also begs the question... how did he find that hacker's stronghold, and who really came up with the original plan?

I'm also getting the feeling that the Muslim chick wants Batshit to let her bang. But knowing what we know about Batshit, she might let her...

btw, if Shayla keeps it up, she's going to get Elliot his dream threesome. If I wasn't a fan of Shayla before, I am now.

Last edited:
well i didnt buy mr robot as tyler durden till episode 4...now i say good chance that it's the case.

It also begs the question... how did he find that hacker's stronghold, and who really came up with the original plan?

His alternative persona, Mr. Robot, found the stronghold and came up with the original plan. It was just the first time the "Elliot" persona had been there and heard of the plan.

that last episode was great couldn't tell when he was tripn

well i didnt buy mr robot as tyler durden till episode 4...now i say good chance that it's the case.

Yeah, there are a few scenes where Christian Slater is standing really close to Elliot while the other hackers are talking to him. Slatet is also very quiet (or does he even speak?) when Elliot is around other people.

It also occurred to me that aside from Elliot's obvious withdrawal hallucinations last episode, we have NEVER seen Mr. Robot actually interact with one of the others.

Loving this. The narration reminds me of Dexter when it was good, and the Fight Club vibe is something I'm happy to experience again as well.

Interested to see where they're going to take it.

Finished watching it. I like it.

I would describe the show as "DEXTER Meets HACKERS."

My exact same thought.

This is now my favorite show. It's dark and also current. It shows how easily a tech company can take over the world and be in every aspect of people's life.
It's like the origins of Terminator's Skynet or Matrix's Machines.

And, as you just said, we got the best part of Dexter: when he was primarily an obsessive compulsive vigilante.

Damn that was cold.

Like how when Mr Robot was interacting with them Elliot was observing, with no one interacting with him.

Last edited:
Damn that was cold.

Like how when Mr Robot was interacting with them Elliot was observing, with no one interacting with him.

I noticed that too.

And how when they were trying to talk down Batshit, they literally switched off. The Mr. Robot personality took a break for the Elliot personality to take over.

Someone help me understand what was up with Angela at the end of the episode? What am I missing?

Someone help me understand what was up with Angela at the end of the episode? What am I missing?

Her dad is supposed to be well off and her foundation in life since she lost her mother years ago.

The one bill you can read from evil corp insurance shows an MRI and bloodwork with a host of tests. My guess is cancer but its hard to tell.

The other bill only shows the figure 25,674 that he owes. With the amount of bills she was holding I wouldn't be surprised if her dad isn't a couple hundred thousand in the hole due to medical expenses.

So not only is her father probably dieing, he doesn't have any money left either. I forget which episode it was but I remember her being supported by him at one point.

The forked road was a little ham-fisted but after season 2 of True Detective I might be immune to that sort of thing.

Just my personal opinion, the first couple of episodes were great because it was funner watching him be a vigilante righting the wrongs (on a smaller scale)...the pedo, the cheating husband and the drug dealer. The show esculated a little too fast for me and this last episode was a little uninteresting.

a place that locked up & tight HAS to have surveillance. that bothered me.

Back