Mr. Robot Discussion "Hack the Gibson"

Im not finished yet...but.....

Seriously he has cute girls inviting him places and a cute/hot drug dealer boning him on molly, that took me out of it. How many reclusive people does that happen to?

I'll probably do for this what I'm doing for Hault and Catch Fire..... I'll wait until the show gets 3-4-5 seasons in and then I'll just buy all the available seasons at once and watch all the episodes back to back to back.

Wasn't aware there was a clamor for a Hackers sequel. The movie felt like an open and shut story kind of a film.

. . . but definitely a cult hit with likable characters who could've gotten into further techno-themed adventures. In a world there Bring It On has something like 3 sequels and the Universal Soldier series is already up to like 50 films, it's just kind of puzzling that the studio didn't push to move on Hackers 2.

When I saw the thread title, I was kinda hoping this was going to be be a meta movie, ala Being John Malkovich, except it's about Russian mafia members kidnapping Edward Snowden, & forcing him to break into an unsuspecting Mel Gibson's online bank accounts. Wackiness ensues as a drunken, bathrobed Mel can't withdraw cash from a public ATM in Malibu, & goes on an angry tirade of racial epithets; meanwhile, Vladimir Putin & his forces try to hunt down the Russkie mafiosos, & steal back their prized programmer.

I'm sure a lot of you were thinking the same thing.

Anyway, I'll still be checking this one out.

jesus man, we've got one hell of a TV show or movie on our hands with a story like this.

Seriously he has cute girls inviting him places and a cute/hot drug dealer boning him on molly, that took me out of it. How many reclusive people does that happen to?

How many reclusive people look like that dude?

What I like about Mr. Robot is that they seem to be doing their due diligence, and have been portraying hacking in an accurate light.

No two people to a keyboard. No 3D hallucinations. No furious random typing that doesn't seem to correspond to what's actually happening on screen.

I think they may have actually consulted a real cyber security software engineer.

Exactly, but even with that I still liked Hackers in a cheesy way.

Downloading a torrent of Mr Robot right meow

Solid as hell, now I'm fiending for more!

Enjoyed first episode, definitely has a lot of potential. I work in the world of IT so enjoy shows like this and Silicon Valley.

Yeah..
..he cries of loneliness and then next thing you know there's some hot girl lying naked in his bed. Not sure what he's complaining about..

Also interesting to see how the VP of Technology character develops, seems like he will be working alongside Malek in taking down the company.

Hmm well second episode was good but that pilot was so great it felt like a giant step down.

Ep 2 was pretty mundane. Thats what happens when u go from a talented artist directing the pilot to the inexperienced series creator directing the follow up.

While not as immediately engaging as the first episode I still really enjoyed episode 2.

holy shit I'm loving this show

Caught the first 3 this morning. Was a little distracted so couldn't watch too intently but I think it'll be fun to figure out what's real and what's just in his head. Like evilcorp is just in his head right? It's really just ecorp. Is Christian Slater real or Tyler durden? Kinda got that feeling with the office/bar scene. Maybe he's the person he's talking to in his voiceovers?

Exactly my thoughts too. I'm an IT pro & the dude's lifestyle, I can sorta relate to it, minus the antisocial/awkward behavior & drugs.

Exactly my thoughts too. I'm an IT pro & the dude's lifestyle, I can sorta relate to it, minus the antisocial/awkward behavior & drugs.

Oh, you mean all the things that makes him who he is and intriguing? Lol

Caught the first 3 this morning. Was a little distracted so couldn't watch too intently but I think it'll be fun to figure out what's real and what's just in his head. Like evilcorp is just in his head right? It's really just ecorp. Is Christian Slater real or Tyler durden? Kinda got that feeling with the office/bar scene. Maybe he's the person he's talking to in his voiceovers?

I'm pretty sure it's just E Corp.

Great show.

Hopefully it's not a Tyler Durden situation. If it is, they should reveal it immediately and not make it a big end of season cliffhanger. That would make it too much of a copy cat of Fight Club, imo.

Great show.

Hopefully it's not a Tyler Durden situation. If it is, they should reveal it immediately and not make it a big end of season cliffhanger. That would make it too much of a copy cat of Fight Club, imo.

Yeah I was thinking it might be a half Tyler durden thing. He already knows Slater and then after that some things are just in his mind. Like either the push off the rail or the bar thing after. The bartender never looks at him or acknowledges him at all. Maybe both were in his head. Maybe one of the two

Back