Movies that have hardly any Christmas scenes but we pretend are Christmas movies

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
We were talking about Christmas movies today at work and all the classics came up

Then someone drops

upload_2018-12-1_17-54-41.jpeg

And a furious debate began

Oh fuck why did my font colour change

Then a furious debate began about is this a Christmas movie? And does a movie have to only have but one scene in it to be a Christmas movie?

So I delved deep and got very obscure

I present to you a Christmas movie:

Yeah

That;s the one with both the captains in it

Fuck it it's a Christmas movie because when Picard goes into the Nexus

Fuck you @senri

There's like a stupid scene here

The movie's not set in Christmas and all this part is a coked up dream cause Picard is stuck in a magical space cloud that gets people off on their fantasies

I dubbed this a Christmas movie

We're still fighting about it

Find a movie with even less Christmas in it!!

Die hard is about a terrorist takeover of a cooperation at a CHRISTMAS PARTY thats near CHRISTMAS.

While it's not about Christmas it happens around Christmas at a christnas party

Ho ho ho, pal.

Gremlins. Just happens to place on Christmas like Die Hard but isn't the focus.

Never-ending story was one of the films that was on every Christmas in the UK, but is not a Christmas film.

We were talking about Christmas movies today at work and all the classics came up

Then someone drops

View attachment 480951

And a furious debate began

Oh fuck why did my font colour change

Then a furious debate began about is this a Christmas movie? And does a movie have to only have but one scene in it to be a Christmas movie?

So I delved deep and got very obscure

I present to you a Christmas movie:

Yeah

That;s the one with both the captains in it

Fuck it it's a Christmas movie because when Picard goes into the Nexus

Fuck you @senri

There's like a stupid scene here

The movie's not set in Christmas and all this part is a coked up dream cause Picard is stuck in a magical space cloud that gets people off on their fantasies

I dubbed this a Christmas movie

We're still fighting about it

Find a movie with even less Christmas in it!!

Haha, shadowpriest, RIP, he would fight everyone about this movie and christmas

Agree with Die Hard to extent. It's a film that the lazy can claim as their Christmas GOAT film.

Put more effort in you nerds.

Harry Potter movies - at least the first few - are sometimes considered Christmas movies
Harry-Potter-Yule-Ball-Featured-10182017.jpg

Yet somehow I've never heard anyone call The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe a Christmas movie despite literally having Santa in it
the-chronicles-of-narnia-the-lion-the-witch-the-wardrobe-the-chronicles-of-narnia-26558200-1920-816.jpg

Die hard is about a terrorist takeover of a cooperation at a CHRISTMAS PARTY thats near CHRISTMAS.

While it's not about Christmas it happens around Christmas at a christnas party

Ho ho ho, pal.

This.

Die Hard is obviously a Xmas movie. And not by some slim technicality, it just totally is.

Anyone who thinks it isn’t, is not my bubby.

Gremlins. Just happens to place on Christmas like Die Hard but isn't the focus.

Yeah, a snowy movie that takes place during Christmas time, and constantly references Christmas

Nothing Christmas-y about that

Fuck is wrong with you people

Yeah, a snowy movie that takes place during Christmas time, and constantly references Christmas

Nothing Christmas-y about that

Fuck is wrong with you people

It's about someone buying a gremlin for their kid for.....yup....you guessed it......CHRISTMAS!

Lethal Weapon is a Christmas movie.

Will fight irl anyone that says differently.

Opening and closing scenes of the movie feature Christmas trees.

The lion, the witch and the wardrobe was another Christmas regular that isn't a Christmas movie.

I'll make a poll for Die Hard being a Christmas movie tomorrow - a dedicated thread to delve deeper into this

Plus I think @TheLinguist wished for a Clippy Thread a day til Xmas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back