Movie/physical media collector's thread II

Oh, BAD MOON is great. It's in my top four or five favorite werewolf movies of all time. It's right up there with AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON, THE HOWLING, & DOG SOLDIERS.

As for MONSTER DOG, I believe I may have seen that one via VHS back in the '80s at some point. But I don't remember a thing about it.
I still haven't seen Dog Soldiers yet but heard great things about it.

What happened? Did you run out of space for it or move to a new place without room for it? That's what happened to me back in 2019 when Jana & I moved from New York to Arizona. I originally planned on taking all of my DVDs with us but she convinced me to give the vast majority of them to my daughter & leave them behind. I was in the process of replacing my DVDs with Blu-rays & 4K UHD discs anyhow. So, I left the vast majority of DVDs behind ( I kept about fifty & gave the other few hundred to my daughter ).
I did some rather foolish things with my money and I was let go from my job so I had to move out of my apartment and didn't have time to pack my stuff so I got rid of it.

I watched Scarecrows recently for the first time, it was entertaining enough

Just ordered Alien 3 on limited edition VHS blu ray. I don't even like the film but the cover was cool

Hey, I just bought a Blu from Mondo Macabra called QUEENS OF EVIL sight unseen because I was intrigued by the cover art. And the movie turned out to be awful. LOL. So, no big deal. I make some interesting decisions about how I spend my money as well. As long as they look good on the shelf it's all good, right? ;)

That's cool, bro. I totally get it. The vast majority of folks these days watch their movies via streaming. Hell, I've got Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, Hulu, & Shudder. So, I do a lot of streaming as well. But when I really enjoy a movie I want a physical copy of it. I'm a collector by nature ( Jana used to call me a "borderline hoarder" LOL ). And, over the course of the past few years, I've been focusing on building my movie collection. I collect other things as well but primarily it's been movies lately.
That's awesome, man. I don't care who you are or how old you get, everybody needs to have their own kind of collecting hobby. It keeps life light and fun.

There is some stuff which is out of print, i also hope they release something in 4K that i've been waiting for..

I got two new arrivals from eBay today. The first is the one that I'm most excited about because I've wanted it for a couple of years but I could never find the right copy at the right price. That is until last Friday when I saw a brand-new mint copy of the long out-of-print Achor Bay Blu-ray version of the Troma classic MOTHER'S DAY. It's extremely difficult to find in good condition, much less brand-new & used copies usually go for over $100. But I got my new copy for $80. Which was an excellent deal.

The second new arrival is the new Scorpion Releasing version of Dario Argento's THE CARD PLAYER. It's the first time that the film has been available on Blu-ray here in the States & it brings me pretty close to having a complete collection of Argento's films on Blu-ray. 20210421_132003.jpg

I watched a tiny bit of Lost Girls & Love Hotels and in one scene when the receding hairline Japanese guy who has a role in upcoming Snake Eyes GI Joe Origins says something to piss off Daddario, she gets out of bed and if someone did a vidcap and brightened it, we could see if her beaver was showing. The good scenes are way too poorly lit.

I thought I'd create a new version of my old thread so we would have a new place to show off our updated collections & our latest additions.

So, this is what I've acquired over the past month or so:

View attachment 846954
The top three are limited edition steelbooks.
View attachment 846955

View attachment 846956

View attachment 846958

View attachment 846959
do you have a directors cut of The Descent.

41cdS6HCODL.jpg

cheers!

do you have a directors cut of The Descent.

41cdS6HCODL.jpg

cheers!

Oh, for sure. THE DESCENT is one of my favorites. I just wish they'd release it in 4K. I'm also a big fan of Marshall's other classic, DOG SOLDIERS. I've got Scream Factory's Blu-ray but IMO the print they used is awful. Unlike THE DESCENT though, there's a 4K UHD version of DOG SOLDIERS. But it's pricy & hard to find. I'm on a couple of waiting lists for it to come back in stock but it's taking a long time. There's a copy available on eBay but I'm not sure if I want to spend $75 for it.

Awesome. Now that's the way to properly display a collection. I love it, bro.

Seeing your collection makes me want to get back into collecting. But I think I'm going to wait until the tie-in toy line for MORBIUS is released. But that probably won't be until early next year when the movie is released. I'd also like it if they'd release figures of the Joker from ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE. But so far, there's been nothing announced other than a couple of high-end resin statues & I haven't seen enough of them yet to be able to decide if I want to shell out the big bucks for one of them.

Regarding the Marvel Legends Morbius, I didn't realize that the one I have had shot up in value so much. Amazon wants $45 for it now. But they have a later version for only $15. But I don't quite like it as much as the earlier version.
https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Legen...=morbius+action+figures&qid=1618526393&sr=8-3

Hey, bro. I just spotted this on Amazon & I thought of you. Have you seen this set yet? I'm tempted by it myself. It's a wee bit pricy but for seven figures it's probably worth it. Though it would be really cool to have one set opened to pose & another unopened for collectibility.
91L-a6eEwlL._AC_SX679_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Legen..._w=RK2FV&pf_rd_p=49ff6d7e-521c-4ccb-9f0a-3534

welp. ordered that w/o hesitation once the link loaded lol
Oh, yeah? So, you didn't know about it until I pointed it out to you? If so, that's so cool. I'm happy I could help you discover something cool for your collection.

I was giving it some serious consideration myself but I decided to stick with movies & I bit on the DOG SOLDIERS 4K UHD mediabook on eBay for $75. I could have continued to wait around for another year for Diabolik to get in more copies or I could pay an additional $25 to get it now. I decided to hell with the wee bit of extra money & went ahead & bought it. Because it's a favorite film of mine but the Scream Factory version is just awful. They used a beat-up print for it that's scratched up & much too dark. By all accounts, the print used for the 4K version is much better & it looks great. So, I coughed up the extra cash for it.

Back