Movie/physical media collector's thread II

I have it. I saw it in the movie theaters when it came out. It is terrible. It was interesting to have the ninja/aerobics type shit chick
Yeah, obviously it was terrible but so bad, it was so good! Plus, Lucinda Dickey!

I remember in the early 90s, it would be the Sunday night movie here on KTLA channel 5. That opening scene! I loved all the weapons

Very interesting. I'm going to have to look those movies up as I'm not familiar with them.

And yes. I still can't believe that member did that for me. There are some very king & generous folks around here, for sure.
Beyond Dream’s Door is like kinda sorta legit awesome.

F5AB6866-6B60-4593-A8D1-A48689028122.jpeg

totally forgot i preordered this. it is officially a great friday

Today's new arrivals.

The top two are a couple of my favorite acquisitions ever. The German 4K UHD DOG SOLDIERS digibook was pricey but I had to get it. The same with the rare, OOP Arrow steelbook version of my favorite Dario Argento film, PHENOMENA.

View attachment 850826

Fright is neat little movie as well, pretty creepy opening 30 minutes, very effective girl alone in a house scenario
DB81F39F-9275-4867-AFDF-A9C912486386.jpeg

this came in today

holy shit! that’s amazing. whoever that member is, you are a fucking hero & a saint.
Have you watched Winter Beast? It's one I need to watch soon

I'm in the process of watching today's new arrival. I'm a big Eric Red fan.
20210430_134637.jpg

Today's new arrivals. I got The Criterion Collection Blu-ray version of FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH. And the Best Buy exclusive steelbook 4K UHD Blu-ray of the uncut SAW. I also got another steelbook that has all eight films of the SAW franchise on Blu-ray.
20210511_192945.jpg

20210511_192907 (1).jpg

By the way Turg have you got the Blue Underground UHD of House by the Cemetery? been considering picking that up and wondered what the quality is like.

By the way Turg have you got the Blue Underground UHD of House by the Cemetery? been considering picking that up and wondered what the quality is like.

Oh, yeah, I got HOUSE BY THE CEMETARY last year & the quality is excellent. I highly recommend getting it. The image quality is almost as good as that of ZOMBIE. Which is saying something because ZOMBIE is my second favorite 4K UHD disc after Synapse's SUSPIRIA 4K.

Oh, yeah, I got HOUSE BY THE CEMETARY last year & the quality is excellent. I highly recommend getting it. The image quality is almost as good as that of ZOMBIE. Which is saying something because ZOMBIE is my second favorite 4K UHD disc after Synapse's SUSPIRIA 4K.

Yeah Zombie's quality was really surprising but I spose it does show Fulci and his team knew what they were doing visually in terms of lighting/focus. Personally I think thats arguebly the most "fun" Zombie film to rewatch, maybe not the deepest most intelligent one ever made but just for a great selection of set pieces really well shot its tough to beat.

Amazon UK actually carrying more international stuff now from their other outlets rather than 3rd parties charging a big premium, just ordered House by the Cemetery for £25 and the 3 disk version of the Turbine American Werewolf for £30.

Arrow putting out Lynch's Dune I see, another thing on pre order from them. Always had a soft spot for that film as my first Lynch and indeed one of the first really "strange" films I remember watching.

dune-4k-scaled-e1622211909198.jpeg

Last edited:
The first two of those actually look really great on UHD, shows up the level of craftsmanship on Hendersons design work. I think it helps that for alot of stuff I didnt upgrade from DVD to BR so its a jump from DVD to UHD now which makes rebuying easier to take although I suspect there is going to be a lot of stuff were we never see UHD's, I suspect it will end up being mostly either fairly big films or cult genre films, especially horror.

Quality, extras and packaging is definitely a very large part of why I still buy but also I admit I just don't like the rental model, its ok for casual watching, I watch plenty of stuff in Amazon prime and sometimes Disney/Netflix for awhile but for films I really love having it on the shelf knowing I'm not at the mercy of some companies shifting marketing tactics feels much better.

Back