Movies Movie News and Notes

Official Trailer for RED ONE Starring Dwayne Johnson, Chris Evans, J.K. Simmons

Lol, that is NOT what I was expecting. Assumed a Red Notice sequel/spin-off, then saw JK Simmons as a badass old man and thought it was a Red/Red 2 sequel/spin-off

Official Trailer for Robert Zemeckis' HERE Starring Tom Hanks, Robin Wright

From the reunited director, writer, and stars of Forrest Gump, Here is an original film about multiple families and a special place they inhabit. The story travels through generations, capturing the human experience in its purest form. Directed by Robert Zemeckis, screenplay by Eric Roth & Zemeckis and told much in the style of the acclaimed graphic novel by Richard McGuire on which it is based, Tom Hanks and Robin Wright star in a tale of love, loss, laughter and life, all of which happen right Here. In theaters November 15.

Official Trailer for Mel Gibson's FLIGHT RISK Starring Mark Wahlberg

Over the years I've followed a rule.
Whatever you pirate and is worth buying, buy it.

Saved thousands of dollars every year for the past 15+ years. Because the vast majority of everything I've pirated wasn't worth it. But I've also built a respectable BluRay collection.

If Sony doesn't want my money for shows/movies they've made but are too lazy to put on a BluRay disc and have me buy it for a huge profit margin, that's on their own stupidity because I'm never subscribing to any streaming service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the years I've followed a rule.
Whatever you pirate and is worth buying, buy it.

Saved thousands of dollars every year for the past 15+ years. Because the vast majority of everything I've pirated wasn't worth it. But I've also built a respectable BluRay collection.

If Sony doesn't want my money for shows/movies they've made but are too lazy to put on a BluRay disc and have me buy it for a huge profit margin, that's on their own stupidity because I'm never subscribing to any streaming service.
You sure you got the right xscretion there? Sounds like you meant to post one talking about Sony winding down its optical disc production capacity, including for bluray disks.

You sure you got the right xscretion there? Sounds like you meant to post one talking about Sony winding down its optical disc production capacity, including for bluray disks.

Yeah the 'copy' option on Twitter failed.

Can't find what I origionally meant to post, but this was the gist of of it...

Official Trailer for HELLBOY: THE CROOKED MAN Starring Jack Kesy as the Titular Character

First Official Images for Ridley Scott's GLADIATOR II Starring Paul Mescal, Pedro Pascal and Denzel Washington

GRZ2dPuaEAAV2EQ

GRZ2c27bcAATzhA

GRZ2dEcb0AANBJt

GRZ2dcnbgAA9T1H

GRZ4vaIagAAXm1j

GRZ2rfjbsAAP4Bt

Horizon has bombed so badly that they are pulling the release of Horizon 2. The corporate speak explaining the decision is impressive stuff. It will be a major surprise if Horizon 2 ever gets a real theatrical release. Presumably they will eventually show it in a few theatres just to be able to say it was theatrical. Costner was on the hook for marketing costs and so this probably saves him some money.

Sad to see an original, self-funded passion project fail so miserably. On the other hand, Costner is an insufferable prick so it all evens out.

Kevin Costner‘s “Horizon: An American Saga — Chapter 2″ won’t be hitting theaters on Aug. 16 anymore.
At this time, the film remains a theatrical release but it’s unclear when it will now come out.
“Territory Pictures and New Line Cinema have decided not to release ‘Horizon: Chapter 2’ on August 16 in order to give audiences a greater opportunity to discover the first installment of ‘Horizon’ over the coming weeks, including on PVOD and Max,” a New Line Cinema spokesperson tells Variety. “We thank our exhibition partners for their continued support as moviegoers across the U.S. discover the film in its theatrical run.”

Back