Movies Movie News and Notes

‘Weird: The Al Yankovic Story’: Daniel Radcliffe To Portray Grammy Winner In Roku Biopic From Funny Or Die & Tango
Daniel Radcliffe (The Lost City, Harry Potter franchise) has been tapped to play musician “Weird Al” Yankovic in Weird: The Al Yankovic Story, a Roku Original biopic from Funny or Die and Tango that will be available for streaming exclusively on The Roku Channel.
The Yankovic biopic promises to hold nothing back and explore every facet of his life, from his childhood through his meteoric rise to fame with early hits like “Eat It” and “Like a Surgeon,” while touching on his torrid celebrity love affairs and famously depraved lifestyle. Yankovic is producing alongside Mike Farah, Joe Farrell and Whitney Hodack for Funny Or Die, and Tim Headington, Lia Buman and Max Silva for Tango. Appel is exec producing with Funny Or Die’s Henry Muñoz III and Tango’s Neil Shah.

New Wallace and Gromit due out in 2024.

It's going to be a critique of being too dependent on technology. Wallace creates a Smart Gnome that becomes self aware. Gromit must save the day.

‘Weird: The Al Yankovic Story’: Daniel Radcliffe To Portray Grammy Winner In Roku Biopic From Funny Or Die & Tango
Daniel Radcliffe (The Lost City, Harry Potter franchise) has been tapped to play musician “Weird Al” Yankovic in Weird: The Al Yankovic Story, a Roku Original biopic from Funny or Die and Tango that will be available for streaming exclusively on The Roku Channel.
The Yankovic biopic promises to hold nothing back and explore every facet of his life, from his childhood through his meteoric rise to fame with early hits like “Eat It” and “Like a Surgeon,” while touching on his torrid celebrity love affairs and famously depraved lifestyle. Yankovic is producing alongside Mike Farah, Joe Farrell and Whitney Hodack for Funny Or Die, and Tim Headington, Lia Buman and Max Silva for Tango. Appel is exec producing with Funny Or Die’s Henry Muñoz III and Tango’s Neil Shah.
Al should be in the Rock and Roll HOF.

New Wallace and Gromit due out in 2024.

It's going to be a critique of being too dependent on technology. Wallace creates a Smart Gnome that becomes self aware. Gromit must save the day.
Sadly no Cleggy to voice him. Mind, he'd have turned 101 in Feb if he was still with us.

Thought this was an interesting piece of news about the movie "Groundhog Day"..
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...acter-was-stuck-in-time/ar-AATpBYa?li=BBnb7Kz

How Long Was Bill Murray's Character Trapped?
To get an answer, Tobolowsky asked director Harold Ramis, who passed away in 2014.

"Harold, how long is Bill trapped in time? How long is he trapped in the town? Everybody always asks me," Tobolowsky recalled. "And he said 'Stephen, 10,000 years' and I said 10,000 years? He said 'You see, I'm a practicing Buddhist.' Who knew that! 'I'm a practicing Buddhist and we believe that it takes 10,000 years to perfect the human soul. And that's the real story of Groundhog Day, the perfection of the human soul.'"

Thought this was an interesting piece of news about the movie "Groundhog Day"..
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...acter-was-stuck-in-time/ar-AATpBYa?li=BBnb7Kz

How Long Was Bill Murray's Character Trapped?
To get an answer, Tobolowsky asked director Harold Ramis, who passed away in 2014.

"Harold, how long is Bill trapped in time? How long is he trapped in the town? Everybody always asks me," Tobolowsky recalled. "And he said 'Stephen, 10,000 years' and I said 10,000 years? He said 'You see, I'm a practicing Buddhist.' Who knew that! 'I'm a practicing Buddhist and we believe that it takes 10,000 years to perfect the human soul. And that's the real story of Groundhog Day, the perfection of the human soul.'"

You're telling me after 10,000 years he didn't emerge from that shit the smartest human being alive? He should know how to play every instrument in town, know just about everything about math and science he could learn from every person and book. Law should be second nature to him, same with medicine. A dozen languages. Grand master mechanic for just about everything. He wouldn't have the perfect soul, he'd be an obnoxious twat who can say he's smarter than most everyone because he literally would be at that point.

Just watched 'Resident Evil - Welcome to Raccoon City' to see if it was as bad as everyone says it was.

And it absolutely is.

I could write paragraphs of how absolutely lazy it is, how it was doomed from the start due to combining the first two games into one movie, blah blah blah, but I'll save it.

However it did have some 'bright' points of the movie was the dark action scenes of the zombies attacking, especially in the mansion. The music was better than I thought it was going to be... alittle generic but it had its moments that combined with the dark action scenes made me think... 'fuck, this had alot of potential to be SO much better than what it is.'

Fuck... I could have written a better script than this, when I was in high school. I know some people say that to exaggerately mock a movie, but I'm 100% serious that if a movie producer said to me "You're a Resident Evil fan right? We're making a movie based on the games, could you read this script and get back with us on the changes you'd make?" I'd read it, tell them to burn it, and I'd give them a rough draft for a 107-minute Resident Evil movie script within a month, and a shooting script within a month after that.

Anyway, unless you're a hardcore Resident Evil fanboy with very low standards, don't bother ever watching this unless you have 2 hours to waste to satisfy your curiosity of how bad it is.

So many questions:

Aliens, people from the future, or something else?

Does NOPE stand for Not On Planet Earth?

Get Out....Us...Nope (sounds too on the nose)

So many questions:

Aliens, people from the future, or something else?

Does NOPE stand for Not On Planet Earth?

Get Out....Us...Nope (sounds too on the nose)

Could be something biblical too, there was reference to miracles and one of the trailers showed a release of 7-22-22.

Matthew 7:22

Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?

Elizabeth Olson turned 33 today a Sherdog favorite.

Back