Mousasi wants Gustafsson!

I think it'd be smart for the longevity of his career to start low and work his way up. But gotta admire him wanting to be thrown at the wolves like Brock did upon entry.

Mousasi easily deserves a top 10 guy, possibly even a top 5 guy...if Gus wants it then i have no problem with it and props to him for taking such a dangerous fight imo.

He may say he wants Gustafson, but he needs a lower ranked guy at first.. Lets be honest with ourselves here

I see it similar to the signing of Lombard: very well known amongst MMA hardcores and capable of hanging with most (if not all) of the top 10. So giving him a fringe top-10 guy sounds about right to me but if they gave him Gus (who is top 5 IMO) I wouldn't be disappointed because I've thought Mousasi is one of the best LHW's for awhile now.

that's a tough one. i like both guys, but gustafsson is on the verge of a title shot, while mousasi is just coming over and he's probably a lower half top ten guy at best.

Mousasi easily deserves a top 10 guy, possibly even a top 5 guy...if Gus wants it then i have no problem with it and props to him for taking such a dangerous fight imo.

This. Both are top notch strikers. Great match up. I hope Mousasi worked on his defensive wrestling though. He won

I see it similar to the signing of Lombard: very well known amongst MMA hardcores and capable of hanging with most (if not all) of the top 10. So giving him a fringe top-10 guy sounds about right to me but if they gave him Gus (who is top 5 IMO) I wouldn't be disappointed because I've thought Mousasi is one of the best LHW's for awhile now.

I think you and I are on the same wavelink here.

Nhgehhhhhh..... not sure about that one. But I understand that Mousasi wants to start his career off in the UFC as either a PPV co-main event or to be a main event for an FX card.

If I were his manager, I'd start him off a little lower and take a fight against someone like Bader, Hamill, or Thiago Silva. I think a fight with Silva would be entertaining.

the only reason to avoid this fight is that they're both two new potential challengers for the title. it would suck to see one of them eliminate the other from contention for a while.

The way I see it, Jones has his next 1-2 fights already lined up before Gust...

Henderson next if he wins, and Cormier after that... If Henderson loses, Cormier next.

Gust will need an opponent. I like it a lot!

Yeah i would like to see Mousasi fight a lower ranked guy first before. Maybe someone just outside the top 10. Mousasi vs Gustafsson is a fight i would want to see in the future though.

The way I see it, Jones has his next 1-2 fights already lined up before Gust...

Henderson next if he wins, and Cormier after that... If Henderson loses, Cormier next.

Gust will need an opponent. I like it a lot!

your logic here makes no sense.

1) if henderson loses, shouldn't gustafsson be next

2) how do you know when cormier will be ready to go at 205? his next fight is at hw; shouldn't we at least wait for him to make weight before we pencil him in for a title shot?

Give him Phil Davis to shut him and his fans up. This guy lost to King Mo, he never fought UFC level competition.

phil davis's mma wrestling isn't as good as lawal's. i don't think his chin is either. i'd take mousasi over mr wonderful.

Back