Mousasi wants Gustafsson!

In what way does he deserve a top 5 guy? He's defeated three low ranked guys after having failed to beat Jardine, who was out of shape and took the fight on two weeks notice.

He's a skilled fighter but in terms of actual recent accomplishments he's downright lucky if he gets a top 10 guy right away.

Hector Lombard got Boetsch, and he was at least on a 25 fight unbeaten streak.

Apparently you aren't too familiar with the word possibly, Mousasi is a top 10 lhw, like him or not, he is. Let's not pretend like Jardine even came close to winning that fight, Jardine was gifted that draw because Gegard was deducted a point in a fight which he utterly dominated outside of a few slopppy takedowns by Jardine, which Mousasi easily and quickly got back to his feet from, at the end of the fight Jardine looked like he had been hit by a Mack truck. Anyone who uses that fight to discredit Mousasi probably didn't watch that fight, the only knock on him there was his tdd. Lombard got Boetsch, yup Lombard was on a 20 fight win streak, with his most impressive victory being storm schlemenko who took him to a decision. Meanwhile Mousasi is 22-1-1 in his last 24 fights, the only loss coming to King Mo who is one of the best wrestlers in mma. In that streak he holds victories over Gary Goodridge(heavyweight),Sokoudjou,Babalu,Mark Hunt(heavyweight),Jacare,Manhoef,Kang, and would you look at that even a win over Hector Lombard himself.Lombard's win streak was impressive sure but it pales in comparison to the level of competition that Gegard has fought during his run. So like I said before and please read thoroughly, He deserves a top 10 fight and possibly even a top 5 guy.

I think it'd be smart for the longevity of his career to start low and work his way up. But gotta admire him wanting to be thrown at the wolves like Brock did upon entry.

Idk if 33-3-2 is the same as 1-0 like Brock but I guess agree with the wolves comment

Apparently you aren't too familiar with the word possibly, Mousasi is a top 10 lhw, like him or not, he is. Let's not pretend like Jardine even came close to winning that fight, Jardine was gifted that draw because Gegard was deducted a point in a fight which he utterly dominated outside of a few slopppy takedowns by Jardine, which Mousasi easily and quickly got back to his feet from, at the end of the fight Jardine looked like he had been hit by a Mack truck. Anyone who uses that fight to discredit Mousasi probably didn't watch that fight, the only knock on him there was his tdd. Lombard got Boetsch, yup Lombard was on a 20 fight win streak, with his most impressive victory being storm schlemenko who took him to a decision. Meanwhile Mousasi is 22-1-1 in his last 24 fights, the only loss coming to King Mo who is one of the best wrestlers in mma. In that streak he holds victories over Gary Goodridge(heavyweight),Sokoudjou,Babalu,Mark Hunt(heavyweight),Jacare,Manhoef,Kang, and would you look at that even a win over Hector Lombard himself.Lombard's win streak was impressive sure but it pales in comparison to the level of competition that Gegard has fought during his run. So like I said before and please read thoroughly, He deserves a top 10 fight and possibly even a top 5 guy.

No he doesn't. Not one of those opponents is top ten at light heavyweight. His performances have been incredibly inconsistent against less than stellar competition. He shoild need to prove that he can fight at a consistent level before fighting against top ten contenders.

a fight with Glover would be entertaining. Geg can hang with Gus...He may be new to the UFC but not to MMA. But does he deserve to fight a top5 UFC fighter right away? I'd say start low. Like everyone else not named Penn.

that's a tough one. i like both guys, but gustafsson is on the verge of a title shot, while mousasi is just coming over and he's probably a lower half top ten guy at best.

great answer

No he doesn't. Not one of those opponents is top ten at light heavyweight. His performances have been incredibly inconsistent against less than stellar competition. He shoild need to prove that he can fight at a consistent level before fighting against top ten contenders.

you're probably right he shoild...you win hoss

mix it up, outwork him, outsize him and punish with g&p. Maybe not a mauling, but a UD with Gegard looking like he's been in a fight for once.

Those exact things are Mousasi's strengths, except for size, but he makes up for size with technique.
He isn't the easiest of people to GNP as well.

I respect your opinion, but like you said definitely not a mauling.

If the UFC wants to build up either Mousasi or Gus for a title shot, they must give them favorable match ups and avoid Davis/Rashad like the plague. Both men will exploit the glaring wrestling weakness in Mousasi/Gus's game.

Once again, I wouldn't want my fighter to get the easy road to the title shot. If he can't beat a top wrestler then he has no business fighting Jones.

Why is the hype still so strong behind Mousassi? Havent you seen his last 5 fights? What the hell, lol!

Simply put, he just isn't that great. At best, he shouid get a mid tier LHW as his first match. Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle with even the low tier UFC LHW's.

His last five fights he's won clearly? What kind of stupid post is this?

your delusional, I bet you hate overeem and cormier and everybody else outside of zuffa don't you? even though they are going to come in and shit on the competition.

your delusional, I bet you hate overeem and cormier and everybody else outside of zuffa don't you? even though they are going to come in and shit on the competition.
Bigfoot looked horrible against Cormier and Overeem beat Werdum and made Lesnar look worthless. Josh Barnett is top10 as well I guess. So both of these guy had at least 2 top 10 victorys, with at least 1 being really one sided.

Mousasi still havent fought a top10 fighter. you see the differnce? Mousasi could be great, but hype into beating one of the top contenders without facing even a top10 opponent is quite retarded if you ask me.

I realize Mousasi is hungry but two fights before he fights a title contender like Gustafsson is probably more reasonable. Let him fight off the UFC jitters against a lesser opponent and get himself known to the American crowd. 2013 should be his build-up year, 2014 his title year.

Anyone who is 33-3 and has never really trained only to have beaten the former bellator mw champ and former strikeforce mw champ while also managing to be the first ever MW Dream champion and many who feel he should have been the reigning SF LHW champion is selling him short. (With guard being a neutral position, the fighter who does the most damage should be favored)

He is 8-0 in professional kickboxing matches and 12-1 in professional boxing.

I feel sorry for whoever they match up with Gegard, because he's going to be seen as a no gain win, but will be the hardest win out of open available fighters.

Back