Mousasi wants Gustafsson!

Yes he deserves to fight a top 5 opponent. IMO he would destroy gustafsson. All the people that think Mousasi is overrated and has absolutely no take-down defense will be in for a rude awakening once he fights in the UFC.

forrest griffin.

decent opponent who he can destroy and create some excitement with new fans.

he is good enough for top 5 but to be fair for others he should fight someone close to top 10 first, imo Forrest or winner of Rampage/Texeira

I like Mousasi/Gus. I don't get wanting to make him climb the LHW ladder, he is a great striker and an exciting fighter so let's put him against another great striker and have a good fight.

Yes he deserves to fight a top 5 opponent. IMO he would destroy gustafsson. All the people that think Mousasi is overrated and has absolutely no take-down defense will be in for a rude awakening once he fights in the UFC.

Destroy? I have a hard time seeing Mousasi destroy anyone in the top 5. But he can most certainly give anyone in the top 5 a run for their money. I think a fight between Gustafsson vs Mousasi would be a close fight, but Gustafsson is no joke. Maybe a decision win for Gustafsson.

He would destroy Gustafsson? :icon_chee

forrest griffin.

decent opponent who he can destroy and create some excitement with new fans.

I don't think MMA fights should be only made like this. If he is to be a top contender he needs a guy that's still on his prime (and near top 10). I say the winner of Bader/Matyushenko sounds about right.

Give him Phil Davis to shut him and his fans up. This guy lost to King Mo, he never fought UFC level competition.

guess neither Lombard or Mark Hunt are UFC level competition huh? Also King Mo's mma wrestling would be among the best in the UFC if he were in the UFC.

Sounds like a great fight, but it is risky for Alex to take it since he is the #! contender.

guess neither Lombard or Mark Hunt are UFC level competition huh? Also King Mo's mma wrestling would be among the best in the UFC if he were in the UFC.

Well, neither are natural LHWs are they? I believe it's time for him to take test with a guy like Bader or Phil Davis to see where he's at.

Tunnel vision UFC fools think anyone who doesn't fight in the UFC needs to work their way up. Mousasi definitely deserves to fight someone like Gus or any in the top 10.

Well, neither are natural LHWs are they? I believe it's time for him to take test with a guy like Bader or Phil Davis to see where he's at.

so it's a knock on his talent that he beat a natural heavyweight in Hunt? if anything shouldn't that be more impressive?

I like Mousasi/Gus. I don't get wanting to make him climb the LHW ladder, he is a great striker and an exciting fighter so let's put him against another great striker and have a good fight.
Exactly. Let us see some entertaining fights. If he's going to stay near the top of the ladder, he will have to beat some wrestlers eventually.

Mousasi said he wants Shogun, Machida and Gustaffson.

Do i think he'd beat Shogun? Yes
Do i think he'd beat Gustaffson? Hard to tell, very close fight
Do i think he'd beat Machida? Not a chance

I don't think MMA fights should be only made like this. If he is to be a top contender he needs a guy that's still on his prime (and near top 10). I say the winner of Bader/Matyushenko sounds about right.

But Forrest is very close to top ten and 3-1 in his last 4 fights

Back