Mousasi should fight Anderson Silva

Ancuetas

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This is the fight to make in the UFC now that Mousasi is officially signed with the company.

Gustaffson is a very good opponent his fight will be a very good one and Mousasi has a lot other opponents at 205. But Mousasi vs Silva is the fight I want to see since seeing Mousasi coming out of the DREAM 185 tournament, beating Jacare, Manhoef, Kang.

I believe that Mousasi has all the tools to be the most competitive test that Anderson Silva has faced so far in the UFC.

Let's see:

On the feet:

1) Mousasi is a talented boxer. He is coming from amateur boxing where he was a real talent. His combinaisons are fast and crisps. He would be by far the best boxer than Silva has faced.

2) Mousasi has destroyed two K1 fighters in K1: Musashi (complete destruction in one round) and Kyotaro (had the K1 HW belt and was top 10 in Kickboxing at time).

3) Mousasi has never been hurt in any of his fights. Never knocked down, never rocked. Nothing.

Anderson would finally face technical and unmatched striker. Much better than Belfort (who ducked Mousasi in Affliction). We have never seen Anderson Silva againts a striker like Mousasi.

On the ground

Mousasi has lost two fights by sub in his career, but that was long time ago. Like Anderson Silva who lost to Chonan. Since that Mousasi has been a master on the ground.

His ground game has become a real force now. He can hang on the ground with bjj black belt easily. His bottom game is one of the best in the game and his top game is on par, with a very powerful GnP.

Mousasi can match Anderson Silva on the ground if the fight goes there. It would be very interesting to see how it would play as Silva is the most decorated grappler but Mousasi is such a talent that his ground game has not shown weakness recently.

Mousasi deserves the fight

Sure, Mousasi has not fought in the UFC so far, but he is legit.

1) He has beaten Lombard (now in UFC), Jacar

No. Who has he beaten to deserve a shot at Anderson. None of those wins you named are impressive outside of Lombard. He fought to a draw with Jardine (yes i know the point deduction but still he shouldn't have even been in a competitive fight).

He needs to prove himself first, he needs to prove he can even hang with UFC level competition before he gets a shot at Anderson. How many guys have been hyped outside the UFC and then failed to preform?

this is one of my dream fights ,i think he would make anderson very uncomfortable standing and anderson would try to take fight to ground and prolly lose a UD

So the MW division does not exist?

He doesn't even deserve Gustaffson let alone Silva.

No. Who has he beaten to deserve a shot at Anderson. None of those wins you named are impressive outside of Lombard. He fought to a draw with Jardine (yes i know the point deduction but still he shouldn't have even been in a competitive fight).

He needs to prove himself first, he needs to prove he can even hang with UFC level competition before he gets a shot at Anderson. How many guys have been hyped outside the UFC and then failed to preform?

Do you know that Silva has fought Leben, Bonnar, Cote, Leites, Luter, Irvin?

Silva's UFC career has been filled with mediocre opponents, often grapplers who can't take him down and can't strike.

Mousasi has already a better career than all the guys I named.

this is one of my dream fights ,i think he would make anderson very uncomfortable standing and anderson would try to take fight to ground and prolly lose a UD

Mousasi really roughed up Mike Kyle standing, seriously.

So the MW division does not exist?

There are nobody left in it to fight Silva except for Lombard and Jacare now, and Mousasi has beaten both of them.

The division argument is weak when you Silva fight Bonnar or Irvin. It should not even be mentionned.

I want to see this fight too.

Mousasi will show that he is for real against Gustaffson.

I'd love to see it and I think mousasi would be very competitive standing with silva. Idk who would win to be honest, Id want gegard too but anderson is such a monster standing.

Either way the exchanges would be otherworldly.

No. Who has he beaten to deserve a shot at Anderson. None of those wins you named are impressive outside of Lombard.

Are you serious? You don't think Jacare is an impressive win? Those are two of the most dangerous guys in their division.

anderson always just comes in better every fight, he would lay a beating on gegard like he owed him money

Another wrestler who will be knocked out because he has little striking experience. Weidman deseves a shot at one point, don't get me wrong, but the Mousasi fight is so much more exciting.

Anderson Silva would be fighting a fighter whose strenghts match his strenghts.

If he stayed at MW I've no doubt they'd've already fought. Mousasi would be an interesting fight for Anderson, he'd likely take a beating though.

Mousasi vs Shogun would be more competitive imo and is a more desirable fight at this stage.

There was a time when Gegard was the most exciting prospect in the sport, his career seems to have been terribly mismanaged in the last few years.

Mousasi has never faced somebody like Anderson in mack-daddy mode, Anderson will put a clinic on him.

He doesn't even deserve Gustaffson let alone Silva.

I don't understand why Gus took it.He is not ranked as a top ten fighter, he is not a champion, yet he is a very dangerous fighter who could very well derail him.He should fire his manager :icon_lol:.

There are nobody left in it to fight Silva except for Lombard and Jacare now, and Mousasi has beaten both of them.

The division argument is weak when you Silva fight Bonnar or Irvin. It should not even be mentionned.

All these people are more deserving than him:

Bisbing
Weidman
Lombard
Okami
Vitor( if he wins tonight)

Belcher and Boestch could surpass him with a win (both were derailed). Mousasi needs to earn his way to the top, but I do want to see the fight in the future..

Back