Mousasi should fight Anderson Silva

I don't think anybody's afraid of Anderson. In fact, the whole notion of professional fighters being cowards is absurd. My point was that many people like to pretend that good LHWs are begging to fight Silva, and he's ducking them. That's not the case at all. He's fought 3 times at LHW, and there weren't too many fighters jumping at the chance to take him on.

People always bring up Irvin and Bonnar like Silva called them out because he wanted easy fights. He volunteered to fight, and then the UFC assigned him an opponent based on who was ready and willing.

Shogun did his part to try and promote for a fight with Anderson at lhw and Anderson demanded he make weight at MW if he wanted the fight.

No. Who has he beaten to deserve a shot at Anderson. None of those wins you named are impressive outside of Lombard. He fought to a draw with Jardine (yes i know the point deduction but still he shouldn't have even been in a competitive fight).

He needs to prove himself first, he needs to prove he can even hang with UFC level competition before he gets a shot at Anderson. How many guys have been hyped outside the UFC and then failed to preform?

"none of those wins are impressive" we have a straight up UFC nuthugger here boys. LOL

anderson doesn't have as much power as heavyweights like mark hunt that gegard fought and beat without taking any damage.

anderson would get tooled in an k1 fight against the k1 heavyweight champ, but gegard beat him. his striking is forreal.

Kyotaro got koed by Haumono a former Rugby player turned Boxer who was ranked over a 100. Mousasi is good but Anderson would beat Kyotaro as well. About Anderson and Mousasi I think it would be competitive with Anderson winning.

mj-laughing.gif

I'll give you that one. Shogun definitely wanted that fight for a long time, and likely still does, but Anderson wouldn't take it. That always confused me, until someone posted an old Silva interview from either before or right after the Leites fight.

He talked about how he hated fighting other Brazilians, because he felt they should stick together in the sport. I was a little disappointed, because Silva strikes me as intelligent and insightful, so I thought of all that ultra-nationalist stuff as being a bit beneath him. However, that explains his unusual behavior in the Leites and Maia fights, in addition to other incidents.

He got mad at Wand for moving to 185. He was also livid that Belfort and Munoz wanted to fight him. I understand that he adheres to that rule, but he can't expect everyone to. Its like all the vitriol directed at Vinny Magalhaes for "betraying his country" by helping Sonnen train BJJ for the Silva rematch. Its insane as from my point of view, but its how he thinks.

i can see silva not requesting fights vs other brazilians, but he's shown that if they challenge him he'll generally accept the challenge on principal. his antics vs leites and maia were perplexing, however i don't think you could accuse him of taking it easy on brazilians after he ko'd vitor. personally, i think the match up vs shogun wouldn't be good stylistically for anderson (or at least at the time that shogun said he wanted to fight the spider). right now, shogun is still dangerous, but ultimately a shell of his former self.

this is one of my dream fights ,i think he would make anderson very uncomfortable standing and anderson would try to take fight to ground and prolly lose a UD

When is Anderson "uncomfortable" standing with anyone?

this is one of my dream fights ,i think he would make anderson very uncomfortable standing and anderson would try to take fight to ground and prolly lose a UD
either you are an absolute noob or you are just trolling....

Have Anderson fight Mark Hunt, and see how that works out for him...

But let me guess....Anderson goes Matrix bra? Hunt would be done inside 1 minute?
yes he would. Hunt would be swinging to the air. Jesus Christ you people still doubt Anderson after all these years? Go watch Hunt vs Manhoef. IT would be like that but instead of a punch it would be a front kick.

Back