Mousasi should fight Anderson Silva

this is one of my dream fights ,i think he would make anderson very uncomfortable standing and anderson would try to take fight to ground and prolly lose a UD

You can't be serious. If you are, I'm going to pretend you're not.

Irvin was years ago, but let's look at the facts. Anderson volunteered to fight at LHW on a card that was injury plagued, because the UFC needed a few guys to step in as replacements. Dana called 4 LHWs and offered them a LHW fight, on short notice, against Anderson Silva. They all refused. Irvin was the 5th guy Dana called, and he accepted the fight. Anderson did not volunteer to fight Irvin, because he had no clue who his opponent would be when he volunteered.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that 1 of the guys who refused the opportunity was Rashad Evans. You know, the Rashad Evans who is a former champ and perennial top 5 contender in that LHW shark tank where Silva's terrified to swim.

I understand your argument but the fact is that the UFC has already matched Silva vs poor fighters that had no business fighting him like Cote, Irvin, Leites and Bonnar.

Mousasi is much much better than all of these fighters. So what would be the problem?

You can't be serious. If you are, I'm going to pretend you're not.

Mousasi has the skills to beat Anderson Silva. To know if he would succeed we have to see the fight.

]Do you think that might be because Gegard took Hunt down and submitted him?[/B] You're making it sound like he stood with Hunt and ate shots for 3 rounds. If that was the case, then of course Anderson couldn't KO him. But that's not what happened.

As for the striking contest, Overeem will soon prove to us that you can be a K1 champ and still get laid out in MMA.

and what would prevent him from doing the same to silva? :icon_twis

and what would prevent him from doing the same to silva? :icon_twis

Nothing, necessarily. Gegard has good TDs, and may have better BJJ. I've honestly never thought that highly of Silva's BJJ. Its good, but not great. His bottom game is heavily complimented by his excellent striking off his back. In another thread, I listed Mousasi behind Jacare and Weidman as guys who could take Silva's belt, so I hold him in high regard. I just don't make a habit of betting against Anderson.

I understand your argument but the fact is that the UFC has already matched Silva vs poor fighters that had no business fighting him like Cote, Irvin, Leites and Bonnar.

Mousasi is much much better than all of these fighters. So what would be the problem?

Trust me, I didn't like seeing him matched against those guys any more than you did. I want to see him fight other elite strikers, but there aren't many in MMA, and he would never fight Machida. That leaves Mousasi and maybe Gus. Shogun was there, but not anymore. Guys like Glover, Costa, and Rockhold might proves to be elite strikers down the road, but I don't think they're a challenge for Silva yet.

Trust me, I didn't like seeing him matched against those guys any more than you did. I want to see him fight other elite strikers, but there aren't many in MMA, and he would never fight Machida. That leaves Mousasi and maybe Gus. Shogun was there, but not anymore. Guys like Glover, Costa, and Rockhold might proves to be elite strikers down the road, but I don't think they're a challenge for Silva yet.

So finally you would like to see this fight happening?

Mousasi has the skills to beat Anderson Silva. To know if he would succeed we have to see the fight.

If Mousasi is as good as some people say he is, it would be an exciting fight.

I don't really think we're there yet.

So finally you would like to see this fight happening?

Yeah. Just read my other posts. I've been vocal about it in this thread and others. I'm a fan of Mousasi, and I think he'll be top 5 in LHW or MW. I've been wanting this fight for a minute. You might have mistaken me for one of those Zuffa Zombies who thinks anybody in the UFC would destroy anybody not in the UFC.

Mousasi deserves it a hell of a lot more than fucking Weidman lol.

this sort of post is disingenuous at best; you and others make it sound like lhw's are scared of silva. maybe it'd be more accurate to say that the time frame was way too short and most lhw's wouldn't be able to cut to 205.

I don't think anybody's afraid of Anderson. In fact, the whole notion of professional fighters being cowards is absurd. My point was that many people like to pretend that good LHWs are begging to fight Silva, and he's ducking them. That's not the case at all. He's fought 3 times at LHW, and there weren't too many fighters jumping at the chance to take him on.

People always bring up Irvin and Bonnar like Silva called them out because he wanted easy fights. He volunteered to fight, and then the UFC assigned him an opponent based on who was ready and willing.

Nothing, necessarily. Gegard has good TDs, and may have better BJJ. I've honestly never thought that highly of Silva's BJJ. Its good, but not great. His bottom game is heavily complimented by his excellent striking off his back. In another thread, I listed Mousasi behind Jacare and Weidman as guys who could take Silva's belt, so I hold him in high regard. I just don't make a habit of betting against Anderson.

i don't think anyone is telling you to bet, pick, or root against the spider, a lot of people are just pointing out that mousasi would be a great match up vs anderson.

I don't think anybody's afraid of Anderson. In fact, the whole notion of professional fighters being cowards is absurd. My point was that many people like to pretend that good LHWs are begging to fight Silva, and he's ducking them. That's not the case at all. He's fought 3 times at LHW, and there weren't too many fighters jumping at the chance to take him on.

People always bring up Irvin and Bonnar like Silva called them out because he wanted easy fights. He volunteered to fight, and then the UFC assigned him an opponent based on who was ready and willing.

it's a far cry from trying to make a fight well ahead of time and coming in with 2 months' notice; perhaps more lhw's would be more likely to accept a fight vs anderson if they were approached well in advance. shogun is one example of a lhw who was interested in fighting silva for a long time but no one else seemed to be trying to make that fight.

No. Who has he beaten to deserve a shot at Anderson. None of those wins you named are impressive outside of Lombard. He fought to a draw with Jardine (yes i know the point deduction but still he shouldn't have even been in a competitive fight).

He needs to prove himself first, he needs to prove he can even hang with UFC level competition before he gets a shot at Anderson. How many guys have been hyped outside the UFC and then failed to preform?

that list of wins is far far better then Bispings current list.

this is one of my dream fights ,i think he would make anderson very uncomfortable standing and anderson would try to take fight to ground and prolly lose a UD

Fuck I needed a good guffaw today.

This.

The guy fought Jardine to a draw. He's obviously the best ever.

This is another falsehood that Sherdog keeps telling. We all know that judges get it wrong sometimes. Keith Jardine's wife, mother, and father wouldn't have scored that a draw.

i don't think anyone is telling you to bet, pick, or root against the spider, a lot of people are just pointing out that mousasi would be a great match up vs anderson.

it's a far cry from trying to make a fight well ahead of time and coming in with 2 months' notice; perhaps more lhw's would be more likely to accept a fight vs anderson if they were approached well in advance. shogun is one example of a lhw who was interested in fighting silva for a long time but no one else seemed to be trying to make that fight.

I'll give you that one. Shogun definitely wanted that fight for a long time, and likely still does, but Anderson wouldn't take it. That always confused me, until someone posted an old Silva interview from either before or right after the Leites fight.

He talked about how he hated fighting other Brazilians, because he felt they should stick together in the sport. I was a little disappointed, because Silva strikes me as intelligent and insightful, so I thought of all that ultra-nationalist stuff as being a bit beneath him. However, that explains his unusual behavior in the Leites and Maia fights, in addition to other incidents.

He got mad at Wand for moving to 185. He was also livid that Belfort and Munoz wanted to fight him. I understand that he adheres to that rule, but he can't expect everyone to. Its like all the vitriol directed at Vinny Magalhaes for "betraying his country" by helping Sonnen train BJJ for the Silva rematch. Its insane as from my point of view, but its how he thinks.

Back