Most well rounded fighter in MMA history

See I dont get the Herring argument. Had that fight gone on, Herring very well could have won and I think he would have. (yeah yeah shoulda coulda woulda, but its an important point to remember).

Anyway my two choices arev Jones with Fedor in close second. Fedor was great because while he was fairly well rounded, oftentimes he looked vulnerable and would win anyway, but well see how Jones looks towards the end of his career.

Fedor got abit lazy towards the end of the round with that reversal but with the next round starting standing i dont see why Fedor couldnt have just thrown Herring to the ground again and kept beating on him from the top when it was clear who the more fatigued fighter was.

In my opinion they should have stopped that fight when Heath clearly tried to get away from Fedor to the point where Heath went through the ropes, thats a clear unwillingness to engage and fight and may aswell be considered tapping to strikes.

But as always the crazy Japanese refs would drag the fighters back to the center for a bigger beating.

On your 2nd point i will admit Fedor looked vulnerable on multiple occasions but thats made him so dam great aswell, his ability to overcome adversity and win in many ways like a true mixed martial artist.

Fedor is the right answer. Good striking, good wrestling, good ground game...he's the most well rounded fighter ever imo.

Considering GSP has GREAT striking, Wrestling that puts Fedor's to shame and a GREAT ground game, he's definitely the "Right' answer.

for me JBJ.. but i can see guys like fedor, gsp, anderson being in the discussion as well

Fedor Emelianenko,

Part of the reason why he is the GOAT Mixed Martial Artist is that he truly was the greatest mixed martial artist.

If they had a dictionary with Mixed Martial Artist in it Fedor should be the definition.

Outstruck Cro Cop,
Beat Nog from his Guard
Beat Coleman where he was most comfortable twice
Out muscled Herring and ragdolled him like no one ever did

Fedor is my answer and he was light years beyond his time.

Mir ko'ed cro cop
Tapped and tkoed nog

For this era Fedor. Will change I'm sure, but he was the first who outstruck strikers and outgrappled grapplers. Changed levels, blended strikes and takedowns expertly, had vicious gnp and submissions. Dangerous everywhere, always looking to finish and dominated when he didn't.

Jose Aldo. Had he not pursued a career in MMA he would probably be one of the top BJJ players in the world. His stand up game is world class and his TDD is off the charts. The only other one i can see an argument being made for is GSP.

Mir ko'ed cro cop
Tapped and tkoed nog

Because fighters never have primes or anything,

Every fighter is as good as they ever were, and age, wear and tear and mindset never play factors in a fighters career.

Please leave the internet your presence lowers every uses IQ by every post you make.

Because fighters never have primes or anything,

Every fighter is as good as they ever were, and age, wear and tear and mindset never play factors in a fighters career.

Please leave the internet your presence lowers every uses IQ by every post you make.

O I forgot cro cop prime ended once he got Ko'ed by gonzaga (6 months after his biggest career achievement)

Big nog getting tkoed when everyone was saying how he would kill mir. Did his prime end 5 minutes before the fight? O wait staph that's right.

The 2nd fight ended the debate of the first with Mir beating nog at his own game.

Fedor and Jones.

Gsp is well rounded but he's just not that dangerous like a Jones or Fedor.

Jon Jones is damn exciting too, and probably more well rounded. His wrestling and top game are better than Fedors IMO.

Id have to disagree with top game. Fedor was a master top fighter and he did it without being able to use elbows.

Fedor and Jones.

Gsp is well rounded but he's just not that dangerous like a Jones or Fedor.

Yeah, that's true, except the thread isnt "Who is the most dangerous", it is "Who is the most well rounded, and GSP is far more well rounded than the both of them.

Why do Fedor fans have to change thread subjects just to fit it to Fedor?

It could be "Who has the best 6 pack in MMA?" and the answer from most of you would be "Fedor, because i he didnt need one" or something stupid like that.

Yeah, that's true, except the thread isnt "Who is the most dangerous", it is "Who is the most well rounded, and GSP is far more well rounded than the both of them.

Why do Fedor fans have to change thread subjects just to fit it to Fedor?

It could be "Who has the best 6 pack in MMA?" and the answer from most of you would be "Fedor, because i he didnt need one" or something stupid like that.

You're the one making it about Fedor. It's so obvious given I mentioned Jones in the same breath as an equal.

Being dangerous is also a huge part of being well rounded. Gsp is one of.my favourite fighters but when was the last time he finished a fight. What does Gsp so that Jones or Fedor cant?

It's all subjective but there is no need to trash Fedor whenever someone mentions him. This kind of hate is just annoying.

I'd have Fedor, Aldo, and Jones. Gsp is not a fighter hes an athlete who uses his wrestling to dictate his battles, and that wrestling covers up his poor standup because strikers are tentative to strike with him due to fear of a take-down, but if you were to break up all of their individual disciplines would GSP's striking be as good as Jones, Aldo, and Fedor without his wrestling? The answer is fuck no. These guys can dominate just by standing up in their fights while GSP could not therefore hes not complete.

Back